Sponsored

Safari top is one of my favorite new features!

future ocean blue

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ocean blue JLU
probably a dumb question but here goes: Does the base soft top also have the safari ability? I see all these pictures and it seems like every one of them has the premium soft top. Haven't ordered my Ocean Blue JLU yet. Been hoping the half doors would be available for MY2018.

psw757

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 F-150 Lariat fx4
probably a dumb question but here goes: Does the base soft top also have the safari ability? I see all these pictures and it seems like every one of them has the premium soft top. Haven't ordered my Ocean Blue JLU yet. Been hoping the half doors would be available for MY2018.
Only different as far as I know is the material and I thought we would be seeing the standard sailcloth top before the premium. Don't get what the delay is, starting to get real frustrated.

Bubba33

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18 jeep wrangler Sahara JL
They said it is just the material. I've never seen the sail cloth top yet.

future ocean blue

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ocean blue JLU
Only different as far as I know is the material and I thought we would be seeing the standard sailcloth top before the premium. Don't get what the delay is, starting to get real frustrated.
The soft tops use the same hardware, right? So only difference is the material? Would love a Sport with half doors, Anti-spin, Alpine and premium top. Not too much to ask

Sponsored

GordonZoo

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ram ED
Occupation
Most Everything
Got my garage winch lift done this weekend and the hard top is hoisted to the ceiling. I installed the soft top yesterday and went safari mode this morning. I do like this setup. Now tomorrow it's calling for t-storms. I went and installed the windows. My questions is....
Can I drive highway speeds with the soft top only folded once so as the the front is open or will the wind catch and fold it back. My gut says no.
20180716_190022.jpg

Newbiejeeperjl

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Unlimited JL
I had a bikini top on my JK, but not convinced I need one for the JL. Riding with the doors off, but top up, gives you that nice open air feeling without the wind noise and sunburn. The dog appreciates the extra shade too. This also allows me to to fully drop the top as the sun is going down without having my bikini top in the way. I've also been leaving my rear windows off all the time, even in the rain, and it doesn't seem to do any damage. Of course I'm putting the doors on and windows up. Anyone else love riding like this? It's definitely a unique look.
IMG_0028.jpg
I’m doing the exact same thing. I’ve had my doors on for a total of 9 days this summer. I was on vacation for 7 of those days!

Newbiejeeperjl

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Unlimited JL
Yes. I have the base with the normal soft top and I drive in safari all the time. If you have the ability to change to a premium soft top, DO IT. it makes a big difference in wind noise. I drove both the tops before buying and thought I chose the one with the premium top. I still regret not getting the premium top.

Sponsored

DanW

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 JLUR, 18JLUR, 08JKUR, 15 Renegade, 04 WJ
Vehicle Showcase
Got my garage winch lift done this weekend and the hard top is hoisted to the ceiling. I installed the soft top yesterday and went safari mode this morning. I do like this setup. Now tomorrow it's calling for t-storms. I went and installed the windows. My questions is....
Can I drive highway speeds with the soft top only folded once so as the the front is open or will the wind catch and fold it back. My gut says no.
20180716_190022.jpg
If I correctly understand what you are describing, yes. That's the Sunrider feature. It might not be a bad idea to strap it down on each side with the velcro straps, as shown in the owner's manual. I've driven without the straps with no issue, but on a highway trip, I'll probably use them.

Bubba33

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18 jeep wrangler Sahara JL
Looks even better with the doors off, in the safari mode.

wordslayer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
grand cherokee
Have any of you ever seen a picture of a new jeep TWO DOOR with the safari top on and the doors off? I just looked online and couldn't find one.