First Name
Stephen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Sting-Gray JLU Rubicon 3.6 V6
Occupation
Medical Affairs
Tried a variety of search criteria but could not find an answer so I guess I’m starting a thread...

Just switched to a Motobilt Crusher front bumper and it does not come with cut-outs for the stock OEM fog lights. I would like to either run a set of circular lights or an LED light bar here:

Jeep Wrangler JL SAE/DOT Amber Fog Lights for Motobilt Crusher Bumper CE535C9B-D6C3-4C38-9983-141FD6916D3B

Couldn’t find a pic of an LED light bar but the circular one would be similar to this:

Jeep Wrangler JL SAE/DOT Amber Fog Lights for Motobilt Crusher Bumper 40B05700-AB7A-4D6A-80C6-E3C5E38C5171

Would prefer the lights to be SAE/DOT approved LEDs with amber output so I can run them on the street and just connect to the stock harness that’s not in use right now.

Thanks for the help in advance!
Sponsored

OP
OP
conFUcius

conFUcius

First Name
Stephen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Medical Affairs

JeepVT

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLURD
I have a crusher as well. just ordered a diesel for it.

I’m torn on lights. Most likely going ditch lights to start. Motobilt makes mounts for the cowl area and I have those on order.
cascadia 4x4 has a nice fairlead mount for a. 10” light bar. I’m worried I’ll crush it But I’d like to have ,ore lights on the bumper.

what color did you paint your crusher? Looks like what I’m going to use.

Chocolate Thunder

First Name
Jeremy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon
Build Thread
Link
Thanks - I saw those and was seeing if there was anything with a bigger footprint since these look a little tiny on the bumper (in my opinion).
They are small. They put out way more light than they look capable of. Unless you want something bigger primarily for aesthetics and not just illumination ability.

Sponsored

OP
OP
conFUcius

conFUcius

First Name
Stephen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Medical Affairs
I have a crusher as well. just ordered a diesel for it.

I’m torn on lights. Most likely going ditch lights to start. Motobilt makes mounts for the cowl area and I have those on order.
cascadia 4x4 has a nice fairlead mount for a. 10” light bar. I’m worried I’ll crush it But I’d like to have ,ore lights on the bumper.

what color did you paint your crusher? Looks like what I’m going to use.
Just a normal, run of the mill black powder coat; nothing super fancy. Wish I could’ve done the logo in a red similar to the Rubicon decal border but now that I have a red FlatLink E that’s a slightly different red, I’m glad it’s black.

OP
OP
conFUcius

conFUcius

First Name
Stephen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Medical Affairs
They are small. They put out way more light than they look capable of. Unless you want something bigger primarily for aesthetics and not just illumination ability.
Function is certainly a priority but I was hoping to simultaneously obtain the aforementioned ‘look’. Guess I’ll need to reconsider since the Bajas are the leading contender :idea:.

Thanks for the input!

Chocolate Thunder

First Name
Jeremy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon
Build Thread
Link
Function is certainly a priority but I was hoping to simultaneously obtain the aforementioned ‘look’. Guess I’ll need to reconsider since the Bajas are the leading contender :idea:.

Thanks for the input!
I’m sure there are other options out there that’ll fit your bill. I have the regular not the SAE version (I don’t use them on road) and I was surprised at how small they are. I wanted something a bit bigger too - maybe 5-6” or so. But I got used to them fairly quickly. Good luck.

DARAMOS

First Name
Daniel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL Wrangler Unlimted Sport
@conFUcius what light system did you go with? I have the EVO 1/4 and need something bumper mounted. I am between the LP4, Flex Era 4, and Squadron's.

OP
OP
conFUcius

conFUcius

First Name
Stephen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Medical Affairs
@conFUcius what light system did you go with? I have the EVO 1/4 and need something bumper mounted. I am between the LP4, Flex Era 4, and Squadron's.
Haven’t settled on anything just yet since some other mods popped up first. Leaning towards the Squadron SAE set unless I can find a way to mount the Rigid SAE bar on there.
Sponsored