Sadly, just gave up delivery of my new JLUR

euan2020

First Name
Euan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Landy 110, 2014, 1.8T Golf GTI 2001, Audi Q5 2013,
"I opted for a 6yr loan but doubled my payments often. Paid it off in 3.5yrs instead, which allowed me to limit the interest I was required to pay overall.

What has always helped me in my finances: always pay more than the minimum payment monthly. Pay additional payments on the principal when you are able (income tax, bonus at work, hobby money). If you people did the math, they would be floored at how much interest is reduced just by these methods and how quickly they can pay the debt off. Plus it boosts the credit. "

This

I have always been debt averse, and certainly there is good debt such as mortgage/bond but whole lot of people place items on debt they didn't need to be burdening themselves with
flip side of spending and borrowing is that you are missing out on investments which have averaged around 6.5% over a long period , and you don't want to be working until 67-70 so need to have savings as well - power of compounding
Sponsored

The Last Cowboy

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JL Willys 2 door
Occupation
Wandering Vaquero
That also allows you to buy deep into the loan and, if an emergency arises, skip a month or two (if your loan is written that way) to pay for what's needed.

Last edited:

dalema

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL392, Golf GTI
This is Delta Community Cresit Unionā€˜s rates today. Iā€™ve used them quite a few times (im in CA)

Jeep Wrangler JL Sadly, just gave up delivery of my new JLUR 0E228034-9CE6-4CE4-8B33-676EC6BA5C65

JAKE.JEEPER

First Name
Jake
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'23 High Altitude 4xe
Occupation
Finance Manager
I work in auto finance and new cars are averaging 3.75-6% depending on term and credit standing through credit unions over here in New York. Not sure why they quoted you 9%, but you also could shop around and got some pre-approvals through different lenders and walked in with a bank check for the Jeep..

Zipzit

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mazda, 4x4 Wannabee
I'm more worried about the dealership giving me crap on a trade in.

They kind of have me by the balls. Sure we will give you 5k below KBB walk away and let us keep the 1000 and sell the jeep for sticker
In my state (Nevada) if you trade in on a new purchase, the trade in value is NOT taxable on the purchase of the new vehicle. e.g. $50,000 purchase with a 30,000 trade in = you only pay tax on $20,000. Great deal, but yeah, depends on the dealers trade in valuation.

Sponsored

SoK66

First Name
Jerry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Gladiator Sport (3)
Sad, but the cost of the vehicles and now interest rates are going to be inhibitors for an increasing number of people. Shades of the late 70s - early 80s. We had a mortgage rate of 12.5% in ā€˜79 and were happy to get it.

MDPJeep

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 JLUR 392 XR / 2004 TJ Rubicon, AEV, Warn...
Sad, but the cost of the vehicles and now interest rates are going to be inhibitors for an increasing number of people. Shades of the late 70s - early 80s. We had a mortgage rate of 12.5% in ā€˜79 and were happy to get it.
Yup - people are getting priced out of cars, houses and major purchases on credit cards. I don't understand the logic of the banks (posing as the FED).

ExDCx

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Waiting on 2022 4xe
This is Delta Community Cresit Unionā€˜s rates today. Iā€™ve used them quite a few times (im in CA)

Jeep Wrangler JL Sadly, just gave up delivery of my new JLUR 0E228034-9CE6-4CE4-8B33-676EC6BA5C65
Iā€™m in the process of buying out the lease of my daily driver (not the jeep) through DCCU and have been very happy with the process and the rate for a three year old car. Iā€™m planning on buying my Jeep out as well when the lease ends in a few years and will definitely go through Delta again.

Bayrat

First Name
DA
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Rubicon 392
I joined the Utility Employees credit union in Pa, Almost any affiliation will qualify you for membership.

20221114_141648.jpg

Howardlv22

First Name
Howard
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU EcoDiesel
This thread is turning into the thread where the guy said sadly he was sellin his jeep for a broncoā€¦.. 17 pages later he might keep it šŸ˜‚ maybe the OP wanted Soemone to talk him into going and buying his special order with enough convincing?šŸ˜‚šŸ˜‚ go buy the bleeping jeep or donā€™t. And move on. Not in reference to the YouTube channel bleepinjeepšŸ’€šŸ˜‚

Sponsored

OhioJeeper

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
6 JL's and a Gladiator
Special order a manual with brown leather šŸ¤® and stick the dealer with it. Thatā€™s why they will want a non refundable deposit from the next person. Thanks.
If the interest rate change pushed you out. you couldnā€™t afford it in the first place.
Damn, that's harsh. Funny, but harsh.

Rodeoflyer

First Name
Bert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep JLUR; 2016 Ram Powerwagon
Vehicle Showcase
the best thing about this story is that the people who didn't really want or NEED a real 4WD vehicle (I know thats a big statement now that everyone's taken care of) wont have one.

I watch all the little Subaru's and Audi AWD's fail every winter and now it's winter.

Cux211

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 wrangler unlimited rubicon recon
Definitely, Iā€™ve been looking for a better house with acreage for a few years now was always behind the eight ball Iā€™ve literally crippled myself workin ot to save more cash then freaken covid and the massive influx of city people over paying destroyed the market in my area with prices in my range now pushed 100k+ overpriced and now the ridiculous mortgage rates well the two coupled together have cut my legs off

JDub11

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 jl 2012jk
You guys Crack me up. I think anything below 5 percent ridiculous. If you are going to barrow somebody else's money to buy or house, car, ect.. you should be paying them 5 percent at a min. It's ridiculous you loan the bank money and they want to pay you 2 percent. That's why there is tons of money in the market. If they finally start Paying you to put your money in the bank I can see money starting to flow back that way. Don't even get me started on these gov hands outs. Trying ro stop inflation and they keep handing out money.

COJeeper

Banned
Banned
Banned
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 JLUR, '23 Donkey because gas is too expensive
Clubs

Imagine trying to buy a house now!!! We wouldn't be able to afford out house at the current rates. Got in at 2.99% and that was the only way we could afford this price point, it's crazy.

To add some perspective though, these are record low rates. 10 years ago, I would have jumped on a 5% auto loan rate (if there were not 0% deals through the manufacturer). I'm at 1.79% for 72 months on my '22. Granted, prices have also skyrocketed which makes the record breaking low rates seem like regular rates with regular prices. I'm just really hoping it's a blue government because I have a blue Jeep so I trust blue to get me out of this.............................. aaaaaaaaand banned again.

I guess I'm never selling my home or my vehicle. šŸ˜²
Sponsored