Muzzle of Bees

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 TEP
I had a case manager and she provided excellent customer service. I received updates as they were available, and once my Jeep was built she called me to apologize for the long delay and to offer compensation which I happily accepted.

Toyota has had their share of problems like every other auto manufacturer. Rusted and recalled frames, for example.

<shrug>

I got a great vehicle and received excellent service. I suspect there are many like me, but happy customers don’t flock to forums to express their happiness. Unhappy customers, on the other hand...

I’m by no means an FCA fanboy. This is my first Chrysler. The experience was pretty much the same as I had with Ford when ordering a highly sought after Gen I vehicle (Raptor).

Anyway, we’ve all got our own experiences and points of view. Mine is that OP should have just waited a couple of months and gotten what he wanted.
Good for you. I am not unhappy, just observant. Isolated quality service experiences seem to be the standard, not just with FCA, but chronic with big businesses. These companies purposely don’t put effort where the outcome is not financially beneficial. These companies also have reports that contain the data metrics. I would have canceled my order too if they shrugged their shoulders at a simple request like telling me the truth.
Sponsored

Muzzle of Bees

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 TEP
Wow - I'm awaiting delivery of my third Jeep. 2006, 2011, and now 2019. The first two were VERY high quality products and I expect the same from the third.

In 6 years of ownership the 2011 had exactly one warranty repair -- a miniscule leak in a weld in the radiator appeared in year 2 and we only noticed it because of the slight milky-white dry residual left. It was so small that the water level never changed.

I wouldn't throw around judgments like yours here... there is a reason Jeeps are among the top-selling vehicles in America, and it isn't because consumers are stupid.
You should buy a lottery ticket. I would not boast about FCA quality. The JL has some serious issues.

OldGuyNewJeep

First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler JL, 2016 Yukon XL
Does it? We participate in a forum where people come to discuss their issues -- they are building 500 JL's per day. We hear about a handful of problems.

I'll take my chances.
^ this

OP
OP
MAPC

MAPC

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Formerly JK-U, JL-U awaiting production
Ordering a new vehicle is not like ordering on Amazon. We get little reliable information until the vehicle shows up.

It would be awesome if we did have constant, real-time visibility into the FCA factory computers -- but we don't. They haven't evolved to the level of some other industries.

If that is not one's expectation then he is not a candidate to order a vehicle from the factory. Buy off the lot.
I have no choice but to agree that I am 'not a candidate' but I would add that I am 'not a candidate' for a process that tolerates bad customer service. I have ordered MANY cars in my lifetime- Ford, BMW, Tesla, Porsche, etc....and have never been given such bad information and bad customer service as I did with this Jeep.

Sponsored

lagunajim

Well, then I guess you'll be leaving the Jeep aficionados forum... enjoy your Ford, BMW, Tesla, etc. I just finished up with an awesome Bentley - truly a great, well-built, well-serviced car. Didn't order from the factory at Crewe though - bought off the lot.

treeb52

First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Rubicon JLU
Vehicle Showcase
Bottom line is that I don't want to wait an indefinite amount of time and Jeep won't give me real information so I am moving on.

ORDERED: Sept 12
WENT TO D1: late September
DROPPED BACK TO D: early October
ORIGINAL BUILD DATE: 10/29
FIRST DELAY BUILD DATE: 11/19
SECOND DELAY BUILD DATE: 12/17

Even if they meet this date, I wouldn't see the Jeep until mid-January. Totally absurd....and sad.

If anyone wants a Sky Power Roof Sahara 6 speed, let me know- I know a dealer who will want to get rid of one some time in January!
Brother, ask your dealer what items were on your order that were on the restricted list. REORDER without the MOPAR restricted items. Grab Handles, Stainless Door Sill protectors, cargo organizer, Hard top panels, etc. Make a new order without any restricted items and you'll have a jeep in 2 months!!!!

jhackathorne

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 JLUR
Brother, ask your dealer what items were on your order that were on the restricted list. REORDER without the MOPAR restricted items. Grab Handles, Stainless Door Sill protectors, cargo organizer, Hard top panels, etc. Make a new order without any restricted items and you'll have a jeep in 2 months!!!!
You're responding to a nearly 4 year old thread... 🧛‍♂️