Sadly, I just canceled my order :(

MAPC

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Formerly JK-U, JL-U awaiting production
Bottom line is that I don't want to wait an indefinite amount of time and Jeep won't give me real information so I am moving on.

ORDERED: Sept 12
WENT TO D1: late September
DROPPED BACK TO D: early October
ORIGINAL BUILD DATE: 10/29
FIRST DELAY BUILD DATE: 11/19
SECOND DELAY BUILD DATE: 12/17

Even if they meet this date, I wouldn't see the Jeep until mid-January. Totally absurd....and sad.

If anyone wants a Sky Power Roof Sahara 6 speed, let me know- I know a dealer who will want to get rid of one some time in January!
Sponsored

Solidaxle

Banned
Banned
Banned
First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JL 2 Door Rubicon
Dealers love when people do this. Sold orders get priority over dealer stock so this dealer gets an extra allocation for free which he probably already sold for more money. The dealer couldnā€™t get himself a Jeep any quicker and he couldnā€™t get one any quicker for inventory. When a vehicle is very popular and hot if you want to custom order you wait. if you want to buy off the rack thereā€™s plenty to choose from. Special ordering a car or jeep is not for everybody. I have ordered all kinds of cars every make , every model sports cars whatever itā€™s all the same very ambiguous and a crapshoot on a time frame. Iā€™m actually driving a rental car right now waiting for my jeep to come in.

OP
OP
MAPC

MAPC

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Dealers love when people do this. Sold orders get priority over dealer stock so this dealer gets an extra allocation for free which he probably already sold for more money. The dealer couldnā€™t get himself a Jeep any quicker and he couldnā€™t get one any quicker for inventory. When a vehicle is very popular and hot if you want to custom order you wait. if you want to buy off the rack thereā€™s plenty to choose from. Special ordering a car or jeep is not for everybody. I have ordered all kinds of cars every make , every model sports cars whatever itā€™s all the same very ambiguous and a crapshoot on a time frame. Iā€™m actually driving a rental car right now waiting for my jeep to come in.
Agreed, Right now I am trying to get my dealer to refund my deposit. I am hoping that they will be reasonable. It isn't my fault, it is Jeep's.

gfo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLU Sahara
They all state its non refundable. But good luck.
Exactly. That's the definition of a deposit. I'm sorry to hear about your experience but I think you pulled the plug too soon based on what I've seen on here with Sky Touch roof orders.

However, if you can make a strong case for some fault on their end you can get it back, but I'd worry you'd have to get lawyers involved and it would cost more to do that. If your order was like mine, there wasn't anything specific I signed with terms so that could be a good or bad thing here.

Sponsored

viper88

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 JLR 2.0T (past), '22 JLR 3.6 (present)
Agreed, Right now I am trying to get my dealer to refund my deposit. I am hoping that they will be reasonable. It isn't my fault, it is Jeep's.
Look at your contract. I know someone who lives in CT and he said the dealer has to list on the sales contract in writing if the deposit is refundable or not.

ChrispyJL

First Name
chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Punk"N JLU Sport s
Occupation
Building Mechanic
Deposits are non refundable.
It is 100% your fault...your fault that you don't have the patience to wait for your CUSTOM ordered JL.
You ordered a vehicle, that currently has a few issues they are trying to address, also it can fail QC inspection, adding more time to a custom order.
It isn't unheard of for a custom built jeep to take a few months to deliver

Maybe if you pick one off the lot, they will swap your deposit over.

But if you want a specific build, your going to have to have more patience

jlsahara

First Name
Oscar
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU
I think you cancelled too early. Itā€™s only been 2 months since you placed the order. Maybe you just werenā€™t sold on it from the get go.

OP
OP
MAPC

MAPC

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
My issue is not with the two months but the two additional months that I would need to wait, and no confidence that this date will stick after 2 delays.

Yes, I guess I was wrong to order. Perhaps it was wrong of me to believe them when they gave me dates in the past that have come gone with no explanation.

I recognize that others have had to wait far longer. I just don't want it bad enough to wait 4+ months for it.

Also- technically I have already waited 4 months since I wanted to order in August but couldn't place the order until Sept 12.

wvgasguy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR / 2017 TRD Pro 4Runner / 2016 Suburban LTZ and 1979 Chevy K10 short bed
Occupation
Retired
I understand your thinking you have waited a long time but seriously the pre order time isn"t really a legitimate gripe. They didnt start making them until November. If you wanted to order in August you should have ordered a 2018. The main thing I am irritated about is not knowing what items might cause a delay and then have the option of deleting those items
'

Sponsored

ads75

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 2Door JL Rubicon in Mojito, 2022 Rivian R1T
Also- technically I have already waited 4 months since I wanted to order in August but couldn't place the order until Sept 12.
I don't follow the logic that you already waited 4 months. Were 2018 order banks already closed in August? You can't hold Jeep responsible for time there was no order, or before the time they started making the 2019s.

I do understand the frustration that your order got pushed back. But realistically, they didn't start building 2019s until less than 3 weeks ago. If you are going to custom order a vehicle, it takes time. There are plenty of other people that waited longer for their 2018s, it can't come as a complete surprise, especially with the Sky Top.

TheBrandon

First Name
Brandon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Sting Gray Rubicon
Vehicle Showcase
Can't blame you a bit @MAPC . Jeep did this to themselves. They are incredibly unorganized. Their communication is ridiculously pathetic. There are so many horror stories from 2018 orders it is damn near beyond belief and that is coming from someone who orders new vehicles every year or two from all over. I frequent every vehicle forum for what I am buying and have never seen anything like it. It is like that saying, fool me once shame on you, fool me twice shame on me. Youā€™ve been around long enough to see their ā€˜18 order disaster. My opinion is if Jeep wants to charge luxury prices fully equipped this is what they can expect with their archaic setup. Good gosh I ordered a vehicle with a hand built engine only 50 people in the world make from Germany and had it in 10 weeks and the communication was almost overbearing every step of the way, as it should be for what is most commonly a person second largest investment. If Jeep canā€™t be trusted to land a simple fucking ship date within a reasonable time frame why would they be trusted the wields are good, steering doesnā€™t drift, or even the tires have the right damn air pressure or any other number of things you expect to be correct. The part that puckers peoples asses is when someone orders day one, and the same exact equipped Jeeps are shipping to others who ordered a month and a half later. That is not acceptable in my opinion.

I put a $1000 on my order and it is 100% refundable. If I do not have my 9-12 order by 2nd week of Jan its getting canceled. I specifically waited until 2019 so they could sort out their production and logistics issues. I keep seeing far later ordered, identically equipped builds delivered. I donā€™t plan on running into a scenario like others have where they are 6 or 8 months in with no idea. The worst part is Jeep literally kept taking orders a month or so past the cutoff date for 18ā€™s instead of getting things together to avoid this issue for the ā€˜19s which I feel like again, they did this to themselves. This has nothing to do with patience, its just Jeep being incapable of providing a buying experience as so many other manufacturers do even though Jeep is asking the same type of money.

Having said all that, @MAPC if you change your mind and hang on at least until mid Jan, youā€™ll surely be saving quite a bit on personal property taxes if you have that in your state. Whatever you decide best of luck to you. Your money and investment and no denying how pathetic the JL buying experience can be for those that donā€™t just roll from D1-KZ in a day.

fredthejl

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.fredthejl.com
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLU Rubicon
ha you got a lot more information than I received regarding dates. Mine was supposed to be built 11/17 and went to D status. Its incredibly frustrating considering my buddy who ordered a week after me was built and in inspection on 11/14!!!

What I am trying to say is I understand your frustration and the waiting isn't what is annoying. Its when there is no communication or willingness to explain why things are happening a certain way.

First Name
Joel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150, Ducati 900ss
Occupation
Professional MacGyver
They all state its non refundable. But good luck.
If you paid the deposit with a credit card you can get a refund. If you make a claim at your local better business bureau, you will probably get a refund, especially given the circumstances. If you file a claim in small claims, the judge will, more than likely, rule in your favor.

ytry

First Name
Curt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Snazzberry JLU Rubicon Diesel
Occupation
Adult Day Care
There is no truth to sold orders taking priority over stock orders. My local dealer already has non sold 19's on the lot and my sold order has still not been built. No restricted parts. Several Rubicons with order dates 2 to 3 weeks later than mine have already been built. One has been delivered. My selling dealer has 2 stock 19's delivered that were ordered 2 weeks later than my sold order. Priority for sold orders is pure BS!
Sponsored