First Name
Frank
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLR
Occupation
Real Estate Agent
Haha sure you can say that. Just a stupid moment and lapse in judgment. Top three dumbest things Iā€™ve done in the last 10 years for sure.

I have grown from it!
I admire your willingness to own it, I think we all have our moments but rarely are people willing to out themselves so publicly. Those are definitely "WTF? pictures".

Of course the OP's pic's kind of make me feel the same way, not sure how that happens either, but clearly, it does...

The Last Cowboy

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JL Willys 2 door
Occupation
Wandering Vaquero
A picture my tell 1000 words, but not the whole story. Let's let him tell us what happened. Not that it really matters, as it's done and they walked away.

JasonInDLH

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 JLUR, 15 Yukon Denali
Occupation
Iā€™d Rather Talk Jeepā€™s!
Haha sure you can say that. Just a stupid moment and lapse in judgment. Top three dumbest things Iā€™ve done in the last 10 years for sure.

I have grown from it!
Kind of like when I wasnā€™t paying attention and drove into a snow Bank once. At least I could shovel myself out and drive away. ;)

Sponsored

CivilJeep

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Rubicon 4xe
Occupation
Engineer
I admire your willingness to own it, I think we all have our moments but rarely are people willing to out themselves so publicly. Those are definitely "WTF? pictures".

Of course the OP's pic's kind of make me feel the same way, not sure how that happens either, but clearly, it does...
Agree! So refreshing to see someone say they screwed up, and learned from it. Well done.

beachbumm78

First Name
Kristy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 bikini blue Rubicon
Occupation
Athletic trainer & Massage therapist
Vehicle Showcase
Oh manā€”brutal! So sorry to hear. I remember yalls story about the jeeps. If they do repair it Iā€™d definitely repair then sell it and order a new one. This one definitely had some and juju around it.

oceanblue2019

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR 2.0L Auto
Occupation
Metrology
Welpā€¦ week and a half old, 1,000 miles on it. Jeeps and Trailers do not mix well together! Everyone was okay from the accident. Not sure if itā€™s totaled or not, insurance is currently dealing with it and yes it is my first accident. If itā€™s totaled Iā€™ll order a new one and If itā€™s going to be repaired Iā€™ll probably just trade it in and order another new one? Thoughts, comments, concerns?

F5EF7B99-025E-4E6B-A05D-AAC658370323.jpeg

4261A716-C8FA-4BA9-871F-296DD425178A.jpeg

C9C3EE18-7368-4283-B3BE-0105B8BD17D9.jpeg

799E07EA-E6B9-42D8-86A6-DF3B79CA50CC.jpeg

D7560E9A-9309-4EB9-BA70-79A00B219829.jpeg

D7FB983F-AE81-473C-8130-3392065BBC9F.jpeg
Doesn't look too bad. Just make sure if they fix it you get double confirmation that the frame checks out straight prior and refuse to allow them to straighten the frame. It is either straight or it needs to be replaced - no other option is acceptable to you.

OP
OP
Cjanak21

Cjanak21

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Jeep Wrangler Rubicon XR
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Cyber Security Consultant
Oh manā€”brutal! So sorry to hear. I remember yalls story about the jeeps. If they do repair it Iā€™d definitely repair then sell it and order a new one. This one definitely had some and juju around it.
For realā€¦ must be haunted lol

FJL40

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Rubicon 2dr 6spd
Welpā€¦ week and a half old, 1,000 miles on it. Jeeps and Trailers do not mix well together! Everyone was okay from the accident. Not sure if itā€™s totaled or not, insurance is currently dealing with it and yes it is my first accident. If itā€™s totaled Iā€™ll order a new one and If itā€™s going to be repaired Iā€™ll probably just trade it in and order another new one? Thoughts, comments, concerns?
The problem is geometry more than anything. As you probably already know, Jeeps chassis, drivetrain, and suspension needs to be damn near perfect to avoid driving issues. I would have the chassis fully inspected for correct geometry to avoid future problems. Good luck.

Sponsored

Thill444

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Rubicon 4xe, 21 Supra 3.0, 21 Pacifica Hybrid
I read recently that many insurances companies are totaling vehicles right now that, in the past would not have been, due to supply and parts issues. Rental costs are out the roof too, so they may total it.

oceanblue2019

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR 2.0L Auto
Occupation
Metrology
I read recently that many insurances companies are totaling vehicles right now that, in the past would not have been, due to supply and parts issues. Rental costs are out the roof too, so they may total it.
Good point.

Then buy the wreck and fix it how you want it done ;)

alksion

First Name
Josiah
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Rubicon 392, 21 Sahara Altitude
Occupation
Biz Owner

Yeah, been learning humility as Iā€™m getting older. Itā€™s also making my life more peaceful and joyous. You own what you do, improve and learn from those mistakes. Easier said than done, but repetition is helping me get there.

Hopefully it wasnā€™t the OPs fault or major injuries.

Heimkehr

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU 2.0T
My OCD would insist on a new vehicle. There are damage thresholds, beyond which I'm not willing to take chances.
Sponsored