SACRILEGE! 33" Truck highway tires?

dougywarren

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 4xe Sahara
I have a 4xe Sahara on the way with the stock 20's. I've been immediately wanting to throw 33" tires on there because those stock Duelers are small. I have to be honest with myself, this 4xe is going to be a daily, gonna keep it stock height, and will be the nicest vehicle I've ever owned. I barely see myself doing any serious off-roading in it. Maybe some light trail stuff here and there. I live kinda out in the country in Tennessee, barely get snow. The best tires I've ever owned were some Michelin Defender LTX on my previous Yukon Denali. Would it be completely odd to run something like this on a Wrangler? Would y'all hate me? haha :involve:

Ideally AT tires would be the best all around for aesthetics and light off-roading, and I've had some great Good Year AT in the past, KO2's are awesome, but I'm not entirely sure I'd ever really need them outside enjoying the looks. Would the added noise be worthy of the looks?

Anyone have pics of 33" truck highway style tires on a stock Wranger?
Sponsored

Heimkehr

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU 2.0T
The best tires I've ever owned were some Michelin Defender LTX on my previous Yukon Denali. Would it be completely odd to run something like this on a Wrangler?
Michelin LTXs are standard equipment on the Sport/S Wranglers. It can't be odd if Toledo purchases the Michelins by the thousands every quarter. ;)

I've used the LTX tire for years now. They provide excellent wear, good wet road performance and decent rolling resistance.

Kreepin1

First Name
Kirk
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1982 CJ7, 2006 TJ, 2012 JKR, 2021 JLR
Build Thread
Link
Are you keeping the 20" wheels or looking for something different? If you keep the 20's us rough-n-ready trail guys will think "mall crawler" no matter how aggressive the tread so pick what makes you happy. ;)

People underestimate the effect of sidewall design on aesthetics. Something like the BFG Trail-Terrain in a 275/60R20 has a pretty mild tread but the sidewall has enough detail to give it "the look" - especially with white letters out.

Jeepeto

First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR XR
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Sparky
Vehicle Showcase
Clubs

I understand the want to keep it "nice" but Jeeps love to be wheeled, and anyone buying will assume it has been driven off road regardless of how nice you keep it. I would suggest getting some mild all terrain tires at a minimum, something with a solid side wall. That way you can take it off road with confidence. You live in a great area to go explore, and you should allow yourself the freedom to do so. You don't have to bash the rig, but know that it's capable of a lot, and allow yourself the freedom to take that random dirt road just to see where it goes, knowing that you have enough rig to get you through anything you're likely to come across.

Somewhat relevant, I posted earlier this week about why I got rid of my previous car after realizing how free I felt in a Jeep, primarily because of the unique way they hold value and still look great with some bumps and bruises.

https://www.jlwranglerforums.com/fo...2022-jeep-wrangler-rubicon.86888/post-1811438

AcesandEights

First Name
Aces
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Jeep Rubicon 2D, with extra guacamole
Occupation
I'm often occupied, by many things, often at the same time
Yep, Micelin LTX MS or AT, bomb-proof.

Sponsored

OP
OP
dougywarren

dougywarren

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 4xe Sahara
Are you keeping the 20" wheels or looking for something different? If you keep the 20's us rough-n-ready trail guys will think "mall crawler" no matter how aggressive the tread so pick what makes you happy. ;)

People underestimate the effect of sidewall design on aesthetics. Something like the BFG Trail-Terrain in a 275/60R20 has a pretty mild tread but the sidewall has enough detail to give it "the look" - especially with white letters out.
I am planning on keeping the 20s. The ‘22 Sahara 4Xe have the little blue Jeep icon on it. Love ‘em. And that’s true, Jeepers are not a fan of 20s on there haha. But they’re black and not blingy as least. I suppose I have some time to think about it. An AT like the KO2 at a 275/60r20 looks great