Eli
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Wrangler Unlimited Freedom
Occupation
Student at University of Utah
Hi everyone,
I have a 2020 Wrangler Unlimited with the 2.0L. My friend and I installed a S&B Intake into it about 3 weeks ago. A couple days ago the check engine light came on. I brought the car into Jeep and they said it was because Purge Line and the other line next to it were not connected. These lines will not reach the filter and there is only a place for one line, not two. The guy at Jeep said this is what is causing the light to come on because these lines provide boost and prevent turbo delay. I have attached a couple pictures so you can see what I am talking about. Has anyone else experienced this or have any advice that could help me out?
Thanks!

IMG_6653.JPG

IMG_0371.JPG
Sponsored

Arterius2

First Name
Jerry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Sahara 2.0L
Hi everyone,
I have a 2020 Wrangler Unlimited with the 2.0L. My friend and I installed a S&B Intake into it about 3 weeks ago. A couple days ago the check engine light came on. I brought the car into Jeep and they said it was because Purge Line and the other line next to it were not connected. These lines will not reach the filter and there is only a place for one line, not two. The guy at Jeep said this is what is causing the light to come on because these lines provide boost and prevent turbo delay. I have attached a couple pictures so you can see what I am talking about. Has anyone else experienced this or have any advice that could help me out?
Thanks!

IMG_6653.JPG

IMG_0371.JPG
Looks like you bought the CAI for the 3.6 pentastar

The 2.0 is supposed to look like this.

86408C55-0CFE-4470-90ED-35845AA2A71E.jpeg

OP
OP
elispaulding

elispaulding

First Name
Eli
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Looks like you bought the CAI for the 3.6 pentastar
you're right. Just checked and its for the 3.6L. That is no good. Guessing its probably best to put the factory one back in...

Sponsored

bpdunsta

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLU Moab
you're right. Just checked and its for the 3.6L. That is no good. Guessing its probably best to put the factory one back in...
But the one for the 2.0 Turbo and sell the one you have on here. You will take a little bit of a hit, but not as much as just scrapping it and going back to factory setup.

Moto_21

First Name
Erik
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Sport
Occupation
Maintenance
Vehicle Showcase
What do you want to sell it to me for? Lol

OP
OP
elispaulding

elispaulding

First Name
Eli
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
What do you want to sell it to me for? Lol
Amazon accepted my return on it. If there are any issues I will let you know and sell it to you. I talked to S&B and even though some cold air intakes say backorder they said they should ship out in a couple days.

Aspaztikcolon

First Name
Doug
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR
Might just run it anyway. I have the correct CAI from S&B and still get codes

OP
OP
elispaulding

elispaulding

First Name
Eli
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Might just run it anyway. I have the correct CAI from S&B and still get codes
I put the factory intake back in until my new correct one comes. I have driven about 200 miles with it and it is still running a code. Brought it to Jeep and they said it was a purge line and boost issue and might still be resetting. They also said my warranty on any issue related to the intake is now voided because I touched it. Does this sound correct that it could still be resetting? Also you mentioned you still run codes with the correct one in. How do you know that no new issues arise when the light stays on? Thanks for the help! Guidance and/or advice from anyone is welcomed!

Aspaztikcolon

First Name
Doug
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR
I put the factory intake back in until my new correct one comes. I have driven about 200 miles with it and it is still running a code. Brought it to Jeep and they said it was a purge line and boost issue and might still be resetting. They also said my warranty on any issue related to the intake is now voided because I touched it. Does this sound correct that it could still be resetting? Also you mentioned you still run codes with the correct one in. How do you know that no new issues arise when the light stays on? Thanks for the help! Guidance and/or advice from anyone is welcomed!
Sounds like they're just being a$$holes. If you're not using their intake, well yeah, there's no jeep warranty on it. Wouldn't worry about
Sponsored