Jeremy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 JLU Rubicon, '10 Tahoe PPV, '04 Colorado ZQ8
Occupation
CySec Instructor at DC3
Vehicle Showcase
I was considering waiting also for the IC pipe but talking to the local service manager to gauge tolerance to mods without warranty hassles the CAI was not an issue in his opinion (they view it like an aftermarket snorkel) but he showed me a document from FCA that stated modifications from the turbo inlet in 2.0 and the throttle body in the 3.6 to after the catalysts was to be documented and engine warranty to be voided. It was extremely clearly defined.

So his position was CAI and cat back exhaust no problem.

So as the IC tube is downstream of the turbo I take it as it's inside the "hassle" zone so likely won't do it until off warranty.
Some good intel!
Sponsored

Minty JL

First Name
Jeremy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
CySec Instructor at DC3
Vehicle Showcase
So I finally got mine installed this morning! Here are some thoughts on the install and the results I have observed thus far!

1) Super easy to install with basic tools, but I used my Milwaukee M12 ratchet (8mm and 10mm)
2) If you just remove the IAT sensor from the factory intake tube w/o unplugging the sensor, there is no need to disconnect the battery (Tech time saving tip, I'm a part time auto tech)
3) If you watch the video S&B has on their YouTube channel ahead of time there is some things you can do before you even pop the hood to save time on the install.
4) Started with the engine cold, that way when I started it up, the Jeep would go through its full cold start up sequence.
5) No CEL light on start up or before/during/after my test drive ......WINNING

So I use a modifed loop that my buddy uses for his shop for test driving cars. Has neighborhood, secondary roads and highway. Test was with the AC and Jamming out to Octane on XM
- Before I observed and documented 18.4 mpgs
- Same route, conditions and operating tempature
- After I obsevered and documented 23.5 mpg

I'll be taking a road trip this weekend, so I should be able to validate these numbers further over a couple hundred miles. I should hit 1941 miles tomorrow......picture to follow!

I also have a IG page "1BADI5" where I post up a bunch of stuff, Jeep/cars/trucks, beer, beach, firearms and random sh!t

Overall, I think with will prove to be worth the money and I get that sweet turbski sounds

oceanblue2019

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR 2.0L Auto
Occupation
Metrology
So I finally got mine installed this morning! Here are some thoughts on the install and the results I have observed thus far!

1) Super easy to install with basic tools, but I used my Milwaukee M12 ratchet (8mm and 10mm)
2) If you just remove the IAT sensor from the factory intake tube w/o unplugging the sensor, there is no need to disconnect the battery (Tech time saving tip, I'm a part time auto tech)
3) If you watch the video S&B has on their YouTube channel ahead of time there is some things you can do before you even pop the hood to save time on the install.
4) Started with the engine cold, that way when I started it up, the Jeep would go through its full cold start up sequence.
5) No CEL light on start up or before/during/after my test drive ......WINNING

So I use a modifed loop that my buddy uses for his shop for test driving cars. Has neighborhood, secondary roads and highway. Test was with the AC and Jamming out to Octane on XM
- Before I observed and documented 18.4 mpgs
- Same route, conditions and operating tempature
- After I obsevered and documented 23.5 mpg

I'll be taking a road trip this weekend, so I should be able to validate these numbers further over a couple hundred miles. I should hit 1941 miles tomorrow......picture to follow!

I also have a IG page "1BADI5" where I post up a bunch of stuff, Jeep/cars/trucks, beer, beach, firearms and random sh!t

Overall, I think with will prove to be worth the money and I get that sweet turbski sounds
Good point on #2..... But even going the "long route" was only 30 mins or so. I also installed hood proper struts at the same time....

Minty JL

First Name
Jeremy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
CySec Instructor at DC3
Vehicle Showcase
Good point on #2..... But even going the "long route" was only 30 mins or so. I also installed hood proper struts at the same time....
Yeah working in a shop at flat rate means finding little time saving steps to make the bigger check, yet complete the job correctly.

Sponsored

Turbo_punkn

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL
I wanna see the results after the road trip. I was all set to buy this but I’ve also been keeping up with the research on the mishi one. After seeing they didn’t get many gains without a tune I decided to hold off. I’m not doubting anyone but a 5 mpg gain is hard to believe from an intake.

oceanblue2019

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR 2.0L Auto
Occupation
Metrology
I wanna see the results after the road trip. I was all set to buy this but I’ve also been keeping up with the research on the mishi one. After seeing they didn’t get many gains without a tune I decided to hold off. I’m not doubting anyone but a 5 mpg gain is hard to believe from an intake.
My week over week mileage before/after has picked up 1.9 mpg. Similar usage; if anything a bit less freeway the week after versus before; plus driving like an a$$hole to hear the Turbo.

So it does appear to have some impact.

Last edited:

Turbo_punkn

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL
I’m so on the fence about this lol. I really want it but I don’t wanna regret it later. Kinda waiting for a snorkel too

Sponsored

Minty JL

First Name
Jeremy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
CySec Instructor at DC3
Vehicle Showcase
Well the mileage gain I got was also a driver mod. If you drive in conservative manner, the gains are easy.

No I love turbos Sounds.......so that doesn't help my mileage. But the TCM learns your driving style, but takes about 100 miles for it to truly learn.

oceanblue2019

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR 2.0L Auto
Occupation
Metrology
Well the mileage gain I got was also a driver mod. If you drive in conservative manner, the gains are easy.

No I love turbos Sounds.......so that doesn't help my mileage. But the TCM learns your driving style, but takes about 100 miles for it to truly learn.
I think I am finding the same. What I didn't realize is having my Bestop trextop down costs about 2 mpg on the highway (was shocked by this....) so I think the S&B is for our aureal enjoyment only....

Minty JL

First Name
Jeremy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
CySec Instructor at DC3
Vehicle Showcase
Yeah I noticed the mileage drop too, driving from the Fort Meade are out to Fenwick, DE.

Still got 18+mpgs with traffic and the occasional need to hear turbo sounds.

Sdjlu2018

First Name
Shane
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 jeep jlu
Have S@b intake and I am getting p1cea code for small e vap leak. Can reset and comes back in two days. Any one else have this issue?

MyJlU

First Name
TJ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JKU Sport
Occupation
Sr Product Line Researcher
Vehicle Showcase
I had the code pop up 250 miles ago, I cleared it and haven’t seen it back since.
Sponsored