S&B Cold Air Intake for 2.0T

Arterius2

First Name
Jerry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Sahara 2.0L
Yes I am serious. I literally babied it though. The before/after probably isn't 100% accurate. 3 MPG is pretty huge
drive for a month then report back, I doubt there is any significant long term difference since most of it is just psychological at first.

Why I say this? Because I’m also able to fake mine to have like 23 mpg (for certain areas) or whatever if I really wanted to, and actually make you believe I have magic under my hood, but in reality only have the factory stock air box and nothing has changed. Changing your driving characteristics affects mpg significantly, losing the psychological aspect helps providing a more accurate result.

Last edited:

GiovanniG87

First Name
Giovanni
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Rubicon
drive for a month then report back, I doubt there is any significant long term difference since most of it is just psychological at first.

Why I say this? Because I’m also able to fake mine to have like 23 mpg (for certain areas) or whatever if I really wanted to, and actually make you believe I have magic under my hood, but in reality only have the factory stock air box and nothing has changed. Changing your driving characteristics affects mpg significantly, losing the psychological aspect helps providing a more accurate result.

Agreed, that's why I said previously that 3mpg isn't 100% accurate because I babied the throttle. I didn't drive it how I normally would.

Sponsored

Minty JL

First Name
Jeremy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 JLU Rubicon, '10 Tahoe PPV, '04 Colorado ZQ8
Occupation
CySec Instructor at DC3
Vehicle Showcase
I ordered mine on Amazon for $299 with free shipping; I should have it sometime this week.

Crusifix

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLU Rubicon 2.0T Hurricane
I trust Mishimoto's R&D over the research that S&B put into theirs. They just measured to find the best way to fit everything in the engine bay. Mishi hasn't found any tangible gains yet with their setup after months of testing. Plus they have documented and made it all public. Once they start messing with the tune to prove gains over the stock intake, then I will be a believer. Until then I will wait.

ztobro

First Name
Zach
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL 2.0T
I trust Mishimoto's R&D over the research that S&B put into theirs. They just measured to find the best way to fit everything in the engine bay. Mishi hasn't found any tangible gains yet with their setup after months of testing. Plus they have documented and made it all public. Once they start messing with the tune to prove gains over the stock intake, then I will be a believer. Until then I will wait.
I'm in the same boat. I was going to jump on the S&B since it looks pretty quality but I trust Mishi more after seeing all of the extensive research they're putting into their intake. Not to discredit S&B, but the transparency with Mishimoto is great.

Minty JL

First Name
Jeremy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
CySec Instructor at DC3
Vehicle Showcase

Sponsored

oceanblue2019

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR 2.0L Auto
Occupation
Metrology
I'm in the same boat. I was going to jump on the S&B since it looks pretty quality but I trust Mishi more after seeing all of the extensive research they're putting into their intake. Not to discredit S&B, but the transparency with Mishimoto is great.
S&B has not made any false claims over HP or mileage so what's not to trust?

They just seemed to be faster with coming up with a quality product; perhaps as it's all they do. I'm sure the Mishi will be a great product but why bother waiting when something exists that is the equivalent? Seems silly as we're enjoying turbo noise while you are not :rock:

Minty JL

First Name
Jeremy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
CySec Instructor at DC3
Vehicle Showcase

They just seemed to be faster with coming up with a quality product; perhaps as it's all they do. I'm sure the Mishi will be a great product but why bother waiting when something exists that is the equivalent? Seems silly as we're enjoying turbo noise while you are not :rock:
safe to assume your help with your?

ztobro

First Name
Zach
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL 2.0T

You’re not wrong! And never said they put out false claims, just seeing all of they’re R&D has made me more confident in their product. Plus they’re making an oil catch can and a high flow intercooler pipe too, so keeping with the same brand on all of those products will help my ODC, LOL. I’m pumped for turbo noises soon!!

oceanblue2019

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR 2.0L Auto
Occupation
Metrology
You’re not wrong! And never said they put out false claims, just seeing all of they’re R&D has made me more confident in their product. Plus they’re making an oil catch can and a high flow intercooler pipe too, so keeping with the same brand on all of those products will help my ODC, LOL. I’m pumped for turbo noises soon!!
I was considering waiting also for the IC pipe but talking to the local service manager to gauge tolerance to mods without warranty hassles the CAI was not an issue in his opinion (they view it like an aftermarket snorkel) but he showed me a document from FCA that stated modifications from the turbo inlet in 2.0 and the throttle body in the 3.6 to after the catalysts was to be documented and engine warranty to be voided. It was extremely clearly defined.

So his position was CAI and cat back exhaust no problem.

So as the IC tube is downstream of the turbo I take it as it's inside the "hassle" zone so likely won't do it until off warranty.
Sponsored