S&B COLD AIR INDUCTION

clemson

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JEEP JL SAHARA UNLIMITED
I did two mods to the JL....one was auxiliary braking system for towing and an S&B CAI. Some weeks passed and error code P1CEA appeared. This code points you towards the fuel delivery system and pressurization. A trip to the first dealer costs me $160 and they said the aux braking system had tied into the vacuum line on the booster causing the error. After discussions with DEMCO(maker of aux braking system) this diagnosis was way off base. Code was cleared and reappeared 2 weeks later. After getting JEEP in Detroit involved they sent trouble shooting guidance to dealer....dealer now says the S&B CAI does not provide sufficient airflow to the turbo boost mode. I called S&B and immediately when I mentioned the error code they said “yes we messed up the air intake tube design”. A new assembly is being sent.
Sponsored

Last edited:

WhyUMad

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon
Occupation
Mechanical Engineer
I did two mods to the JL....one was auxiliary braking system for towing and an S&B CAI. Some weeks passed and error code P1CEA appeared. This code points you towards the fuel delivery system and pressurization. A trip to the first dealer costs me $160 and they said the aux braking system had tied into the vacuum line on the booster causing the error. After discussions with DEMCO(maker of aux braking system) this diagnosis was way off base. Code was cleared and reappeared 2 weeks later. After getting JEEP in Detroit involved they sent trouble shooting guidance to dealer....dealer now says the S&B CAI does not provide sufficient airflow to the turbo, when it is in boost mode. Total cost for these diagnostic checks is $240, since none of this is warranty covered. I called S&B and immediately when I mentioned the error code they said “yes we messed up the air intake tube design”. A new assembly is being sent. Why weren’t registered owners notified, they said nothing AND if they cover the costs associated to owners to discover their design flaw, they said NO! If you are contemplating getting the S&B CAI BEWARE!
I just emailed then for this fix kit. Thanks for the heads up. I intermittently got the code & would just clear it with the Tazer. Didn’t think much of it & it didn’t affect the performance any. I agree thought that they shouldn’t have had this issue in the first place.

OP
OP
clemson

clemson

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Installed the fix yesterday.....hopefully this will solve the PC1EA error cide

WhyUMad

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon
Occupation
Mechanical Engineer
Installed the fix yesterday.....hopefully this will solve the PC1EA error cide
Got my kit in.. Dr. Seuss like design with that hose . I’ll install it soon.

OP
OP
clemson

clemson

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
It does look pretty cheap.
Sponsored