First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Sahara Unlimited 2.0
Occupation
Uber driver in the sky (pilot)
If anyone is ever interested in selling one of the ladders I’m interested in buying it. I just bought the Rugged Ridge version and it looks like the ladder would fit. I would trade out the unnecessary roof mounts for the bottom ladder supports with you.
Sponsored

Last edited:

OTU

First Name
Oliver
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler JL Moab, Jeep Wrangler JK unlimited,
I havent had my JL long so I'm still choosing the parts I want however roof racks have always been a problem I didnt know how to solve as I dont want to drill or cut my roof, would love a Gobi rack but the cost to the UK for racks is fairly obscene if not supplied from a UK supplier (and even then its a huge amount more than the US pays for due to import duty and tax and middle man proffits ontop of shipping)

I previously saw a roof rack I liked advertised around the web but never saw it listed on any 4x4 suppliers in the US or the UK (where I live) and found it was supplied from China so pretty much ignored it since the available information was limited and all listings were for a JL but showed pictures mounted to a JK. Recently a reputable UK 4x4 supplier has started to sell the unit (around 4 times that of the price from china). The wrack seems to be branded as SAD (South african diamond) and seems to be common in Australia and parts of SA (plus china...).

Anyway my questions are... 1) has anyone here used or seen it? 2) are the JL hard top mount points the same as the where it meets above the rear wheels? (looks like the bracket stretches the full length.

I kinda like the look of this as I would theorise that the rack can support more weight being connected and partially supported to the roof mounts rather than all the weight being on the gutter... the price point is not bad either and the option to fit the recommended rugged ridge cubes is nice too as is the ladder inclusion.

my concerns are (along side the quality worries from china) that they may not have taken into consideration that the JL gutter continues all the way back and that the mount points are potentially different (although they do list 2007-2018 and 2018-present versions (admittedly at the same price point). Now I'm not likely to be the first to invest from the 4x4 supplier at the price point they offer it but if all the mount points are potentially the same I'd consider shipping direct from china as even with import duty it would be a more suitable cost to risk... their supply of a JL fitted version is a positive but all the images always showing JK's is a worry.

here are some pics:
Stealth-Rack---Heavy-Duty-Low-Profile-Roof-Rack-4-Door_1555298547_1350.jpg
Stealth-Rack---Heavy-Duty-Low-Profile-Roof-Rack-4-Door_1553914844_1349.jpg
Stealth-Rack---Heavy-Duty-Low-Profile-Roof-Rack-4-Door_1553914844_1348.jpg
Stealth-Rack---Heavy-Duty-Low-Profile-Roof-Rack-4-Door_1553914843_1347.jpg
Stealth-Rack---Heavy-Duty-Low-Profile-Roof-Rack-4-Door_1553914839_1341.jpg
Stealth-Rack---Heavy-Duty-Low-Profile-Roof-Rack-4-Door_1553914843_1344.jpg
Stealth-Rack---Heavy-Duty-Low-Profile-Roof-Rack-4-Door_1553914840_1342.jpg
Stealth-Rack---Heavy-Duty-Low-Profile-Roof-Rack-4-Door_1553914842_1343.jpg
Stealth-Rack---Heavy-Duty-Low-Profile-Roof-Rack-4-Door_1553914843_1346.jpg
Stealth-Rack---Heavy-Duty-Low-Profile-Roof-Rack-4-Door_1574855119_1516.jpg
Stealth-Rack---Heavy-Duty-Low-Profile-Roof-Rack-4-Door_1574855120_1518.jpg
Stealth-Rack---Heavy-Duty-Low-Profile-Roof-Rack-4-Door_1555298547_1356.jpg
roof_rack_with_side_steps_jeep_wrangler_jk_4_hckj-0m.jpg
roof_rack_with_side_steps_jeep_wrangler_jk_3_7yxm-ca.jpg

and the Blurb about the item..

Unique and sleek design. Extensive carrying capacity. Super simple installation.
It's the perfect upgrade for your Jeep.

Leave nothing behind.
We know, having enough capacity when going exploring throughout Australia is crucial - existential even. Carrying recovery gear, water, fuel and camping items can quickly eat up all the space in your Jeep. This roof rack will let you use a lot more space inside your cabin for all the important stuff while your other items can now be easily stored on top of your Wrangler.

Because our stealth rack is going to be mounted to your Jeep’s body, its load capacity is not limited by the strength of the fibreglass hardtop. Therefore carrying heavier loads should not worry you any more.

Worry not about underground car parks.
With just 13cm (or 5.11 inches) height our low-profile stealth rack lets you use most of the underground car parks, which is important if you use your Jeep as a daily driver. Even with a 2.5-inch lift kit and true 33-inch tyres (ie. 295/70R17) your Jeep Wrangler still is under 2.00m tall with this roof rack installed.

Its low-profile stealth design does not help to get into height-limited car parks but it also helps to keep the loss of fuel economy as well as wind noise at a minimum.

Installs in less than thirty minutes.
No drilling, no cutting, no glueing and no swearing. Seriously, this is the [INSERT SWEDISH FURNITURE HOUSE HERE] of roof racks. It's easy to reverse back to your stock Jeep Wrangler as you don't have to mechanically alter your hard top or your frame.

All you need to install our stealth rack is an Allen (hex) key and a ratchet wrench. The installation process itself is rather easy.

Key Benefits
  • Low-profile. This rack adds only 13cm extra height to your Jeep.
  • Stealth design. Reduces drag and wind noise
  • Mounting points. Lets you install up to 4 LED spot lights (lights not included).
  • Easy Installation. No cutting or drilling required and the rack can easily be removed.
  • Extra protection. Protects your hardtop side windows against trail damages.
  • Heavy duty. 150 Kg static load rating.
  • Quality powder coating, stainless steel screws, nuts and washers.
Installation Steps
  1. Undo the 8 (2 on top of your door frame and 6 along the bottom of your hard top) bolts of your rear hard top.
  2. Wrap the mounting points of the frame rails with black electric tape. That way you will protect the paint job of your panels against scratches during the installation. You can keep the tape attached afterwards.
  3. Slightly lift the hard top (get a second person to help you) and slight the frame rail pieces into place (the holes will line up with the bolts for the hardtop).
  4. Screw the bolts for your hard top back into their place and don’t forget the 2 bolts on top of your door frame.
  5. Attach the 2 load bearing frames (the ones with the laser cut-out writing) to the frame rails. Use the stainless steel bolts, nuts and washers that are shipped with the roof rack.
  6. Unpack the actual roof rack and loosely mount the gutter mount brackets onto it. You can tighten them later.
  7. Lay the cardboard that your roof rack has been shipped on top of your hard top and use it as protection against scratches.
  8. Get a second person to help you to lift the roof rack on top of your hard top. Lay the rear end onto the load-bearing frames. Use the stainless steel bolts, nuts and washers to attach the rack loosely to these frames and align the gutter mount brackets with the rain gutters of your rear hard top. Once secured enough, slide out the cardboard.
  9. Tighten all screws and don’t forget to also tighten up the gutter mount brackets.
  10. Step a few meters back and enjoy the look of your new and improved Jeep!
It looks like this is the same rack that I bought, but I´m not 100% sure. I bought it on eBay and it took me about 2 weeks and a lot of good friends and experts to finally come to the conclusion that it does not fit! It is clearly not made for the JL. I had a long email exchange and tried a lot of crazy things (drilled some extra wholes), because I really like the style. But it does not fit on a 2018 JL!! I finally returned and got my money back, but still have some scratches and some dents. Yes, it is a Jeep, but I prefer scratches from off-road experiences ...
As long as it is not a serious Jeep part supplier and as long it is not a different kit for the JL my recommendation is: Don´t buy it. If it is a new different kit, let me know how it works and I might try it again. Good luck !

mbperfection

First Name
SEAN
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Wrangler Unlimited Sport
I just got one of these. I found it in the San Fernando Valley from a third party seller.
It fit pretty well, no problems so far.

A99C9263-E19E-4DAA-B871-2326312D1A66.jpeg
I have one for my JLU, I put a rooftop tent on top and driving with it for a few months already. initially, there is no issue other than wind noise is noticeable but can be solved by turnup your music. later I found there is a squeaking noise coming from the freedom panel , since there are micro-movement between the three pieces hardtop every time crossing obstacle, you can put your hand on the edges where the panels are meet to feel. and another issue I have with this rack is, the manufacturer I got it from, claimed, the rack can support 600lbs static weight and 400lbs dynamic. after a few months now, I begin to notice minor cracks in the gutter. do you have the same issue? I hope my write-up can serve many others.
Jeep Wrangler JL S.A.D. Roof Rack with ladder (pics) and questions about fitting A

OTU

First Name
Oliver
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler JL Moab, Jeep Wrangler JK unlimited,
I have one for my JLU, I put a rooftop tent on top and driving with it for a few months already. initially, there is no issue other than wind noise is noticeable but can be solved by turnup your music. later I found there is a squeaking noise coming from the freedom panel , since there are micro-movement between the three pieces hardtop every time crossing obstacle, you can put your hand on the edges where the panels are meet to feel. and another issue I have with this rack is, the manufacturer I got it from, claimed, the rack can support 600lbs static weight and 400lbs dynamic. after a few months now, I begin to notice minor cracks in the gutter. do you have the same issue? I hope my write-up can serve many others.
Jeep Wrangler JL S.A.D. Roof Rack with ladder (pics) and questions about fitting A
That looks great and I would love to see some pictures showing the details, especially the lower part of the ladder and how this is mounted below the windows. Where did you buy it? Thanks in advance!

mbperfection

First Name
SEAN
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
That looks great and I would love to see some pictures showing the details, especially the lower part of the ladder and how this is mounted below the windows. Where did you buy it? Thanks in advance!
Indeed, i would not suggest this rack. i been having it for few months now, a bunch of problem causing to the hardtop, the rain gutter is showing sign of cracking, and the rack will introduce a ton of squeaking noise to the hardtop, so i been constantly troubleshooting. i guess it is due to some manufacturer defects that a lot of the little details are not align with the hardtop . i would recommend Rhino rack which something i will soon replace with.

Reactions: OTU

Sponsored

mbperfection

First Name
SEAN
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
another update to you. since there arent many posts or videos out there on how to troubleshoot the noise, even though many jeepers complains about it.
I just found out the squeaking noise of the freedom panel came from the two front locking pins next to the latch. I lube it with WD40, the noise is gone. Regarding the rattling noise from the freedom panel, it is actually caused by the foam blocks, so I went to the local hardware store to pick up some RV foam strip, and applied at all sides of both freedom panel. of course, reinforce the corners where factory foam blocks are. At this point, the squeaking and rattling noise are gone, at some point in the future, I will go to the dealership and tell them to fix it with factory parts.

Now, updates on the rack,
In the last post, I mentioned rain gutter damages caused by the clamps. So I sanded down the cracking area, and repair it with a fiberglass repair kit, purchased from advance auto parts. After a few days of drying and hardening, I, then, lightly sand down again before applying Hardtop touchup paint, purchased from a local dealership. So now, the rain gutter is reinforced, I hope this can hold up the rack since I love it so much.

Rhino racks are great, and many others too. But none of those racks have a side ladder like mine, which gives me the accessibility to the roof if I want to seat up there to enjoy.

I hope this write-up helps and can address some of your concerns.

aflyguy

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Sahara Unlimited 2.0
Occupation
Uber driver in the sky (pilot)
For anyone with two ladders that is willing to sell one, please let me know. I have the gutter mounts for you. Thanks!!
Sponsored