JeepGA

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler JLUR
Vehicle Showcase
The first chance I got to flex my new suspension and I heard a nasty plucking sound. Today I investigated. I'll let the picture speak for itself. Does this look right to you?

Rusty's 3.75" advanced lift

IMG_20200301_112912.jpg
Sponsored

OP
OP
JeepGA

JeepGA

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler JLUR
Vehicle Showcase
Also, my axle(s) looked like they may not be properly centered. I'm pretty sure that could also contribute to this

Roky

First Name
Roky
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase
Also, my axle(s) looked like they may not be properly centered. I'm pretty sure that could also contribute to this
Yes it will, have you measured to see if axle is centered. That’s a lot of lift and will move your axle quite a bit if the new track bar was installed at factory length. Measure from spring housing to outside lug on tire.....

7C12F1C9-E252-40BB-BAD5-F0646D7102E1.jpeg
B23AAA5A-DAC3-45AE-8E8C-69C7F3E75BD4.jpeg

OP
OP
JeepGA

JeepGA

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler JLUR
Vehicle Showcase
I'm going to measure. It's visibly not centered just by looking at how far the tires stick out on each side. I wish I could say I did this, but it was a pro job

Gdub

First Name
Geoff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL Sahara
Occupation
Engineer
Jesus..... did u get an adjustable track bar.

Sponsored

Roky

First Name
Roky
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase
I paid for one, yea!
I just looked up the kit you got , and it does come with front and rear adjustable track bars. My guess is that the installer either didn’t know he needed to center the axles, or forgot to do it.

OP
OP
JeepGA

JeepGA

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler JLUR
Vehicle Showcase
I pay for "knowing that they need to do it"

There area few other issues but I'll set them aside until I know how it gets dealt with :)

OP
OP
JeepGA

JeepGA

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler JLUR
Vehicle Showcase
Here are some measurements
jeep-axle measurements.png

When you net out the difference it's only off 1/2" :)

Honest question, is this shoddy work? Drives straight, who cares about a buckled spring?

But wait, there's more!

The Falcon 3.1 Series rear shocks were mounted with the tongue of the shock collar mounted on the same side as the external reservoir. The reason? Because the branding is on that side and you wouldn't be able to see it. The Result? The tongue got smashed. On the other side it was pointed inward.

The Solution? Take them off. Now, I realize most shocks don't have them, but this is pretty lame in my opinion. I pointed out that the video from Falcon specifically mentions to mount the tongue forward. No offer to replace them.

Anyway, I'm not the guns blazing type. I just take my business elsewhere with lessons learned. I just can't believe there are shops that don't have quality checklists, or reviews to make sure both staff and the customers know what should be what. Now I do.
shock-sleeve.png

Roky

First Name
Roky
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase
Here are some measurements
jeep-axle measurements.png

When you net out the difference it's only off 1/2" :)

Honest question, is this shoddy work? Drives straight, who cares about a buckled spring?

But wait, there's more!

The Falcon 3.1 Series rear shocks were mounted with the tongue of the shock collar mounted on the same side as the external reservoir. The reason? Because the branding is on that side and you wouldn't be able to see it. The Result? The tongue got smashed. On the other side it was pointed inward.

The Solution? Take them off. Now, I realize most shocks don't have them, but this is pretty lame in my opinion. I pointed out that the video from Falcon specifically mentions to mount the tongue forward. No offer to replace them.

Anyway, I'm not the guns blazing type. I just take my business elsewhere with lessons learned. I just can't believe there are shops that don't have quality checklists, or reviews to make sure both staff and the customers know what should be what. Now I do.
shock-sleeve.png
I don’t know where you’re getting only off a half inch. According to your measurements, the front is off 5/8” and the rear is off 7/8 “. That’s worth fixing. You should just straighten your rig up yourself. It’s not that hard. And steer clear of that shop after asking them......:swear:.

Sponsored

OP
OP
JeepGA

JeepGA

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler JLUR
Vehicle Showcase
I don’t know where you’re getting only off a half inch. According to your measurements, the front is off 5/8” and the rear is off 7/8 “. That’s worth fixing. You should just straighten your rig up yourself. It’s not that hard. And steer clear of that shop after asking them......:swear:.
I was joking since they are "off" in different directions :) Yes, I think I'll be giving it a shot myself

Canuck714

First Name
Zach
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 JKU Rubicon, 2014 Roush Raptor, 2020 JLU Willy's
Vehicle Showcase
The whole point of the plastic shield is to protect the shock shaft from rock's and roost. It is designed to be on the leading (Front) edge of the shock.
Whoever the shop is that installed these is an idiot.
Sponsored