Sponsored

Rusty's Offroad SideStep Rocker Armor (2-Door)

AncientCityJL

First Name
Coop
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLR and 2022 JTR
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
amateur tattoo artist and semi-professional race car driver
Yesterday, I installed these. The installation was easy enough I didn't need to refer to the instructions - I actually left the instructions in the box. As with most stuff from Rusty and his guys, the products aren't rocket science. They are straightforward, easy to understand, and go on without any problems. I do have the drop brackets from Metalcloak in the rear so that is a major sticking point I still have to contend with today. I have to drill holes to further secure the step/sliders to the frame at certain points and the DB3 Rear Control Arm Correction Bracket system is 100% in the way. It isn't a big deal - I only need to remove my rear control arms at the frame and let them droop so I can drill a hole and install one grade 8 bolt to further secure the slider/step mount to the frame. Or try to snake a 12" long 3/8" drill bit through all that scaffolding without breaking it. Man, I wish I was 18 years old again.

The body mount bolts were no problem. Actually, they were a joke; they came off without a hitch. I did order rocker guard skins but they haven't come in yet.
One important note: I did 271 the body mount bolts when I re-installed them. That may be an issue when I go to install the rocker skins. You know, because I might have to remove these steps... :( The vast amount of red in my neck makes me use 271 like its mustard on a hotdog. I may be in trouble here.

Jeep Wrangler JL Rusty's Offroad SideStep Rocker Armor (2-Door) CooperJLStep_1

Jeep Wrangler JL Rusty's Offroad SideStep Rocker Armor (2-Door) CooperJLStep_3

Jeep Wrangler JL Rusty's Offroad SideStep Rocker Armor (2-Door) CooperJLStep_4

Jeep Wrangler JL Rusty's Offroad SideStep Rocker Armor (2-Door) CooperJLStep_5

Jeep Wrangler JL Rusty's Offroad SideStep Rocker Armor (2-Door) CooperJLStep_6

CooperJLStep_2.jpg
Sponsored

Tom B

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
24 Rubicon 2 door
Would you happen to have any pictures of the mounts from the underside?
Thanks