Rusty's Offroad Rocker Armor with Kick Tube

JeepyD

First Name
Danny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep Unlimited Rubicon 2.0T
Anyone using the Rusty's Offroad Rocker Armor with Kick Tube (angled)? This looks good and seems it can actually be used as a step too.

Jeep Wrangler JL Rusty's Offroad Rocker Armor with Kick Tube rocker-armor-sheetmetal-kick-design-foward-angle
Jeep Wrangler JL Rusty's Offroad Rocker Armor with Kick Tube rocker-armor-sheetmetal-kick-design-door-entry-view
Sponsored

OP
OP
JeepyD

JeepyD

First Name
Danny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Nobody's using these?

jc_clark

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F350
Dunno, but the more i look at them, the more I kinda like 'em.

OP
OP
JeepyD

JeepyD

First Name
Danny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Me too. I found another thread... only one... and it had a few opinions all positive. I think this is my slider of choice soon. I'm just surprised this one isn't more popular. Heavy duty, looks good, frame mounted... all good.

gbr

First Name
Gerald
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR
I'm looking at them as well.

Sponsored

Jmspradlin

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR, 2014 JKUS
I'm looking at the step version of these. FYI, they have went up in price several hundred on the Rusty's site in the last week or so, now $899. They are still $519 shipped from Quadratec.

OP
OP
JeepyD

JeepyD

First Name
Danny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I saw that, backordered at Quadratec though so hopefully the price doesn't increase there too...

OP
OP
JeepyD

JeepyD

First Name
Danny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I ordered a set through Quadratec and they are honoring the lower price. However they are still on backorder. I called Rusty's directly and my order is in line to be filled soon (sometime in May is considered soon).

Sponsored

Concrete King

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon
I ordered a set through Quadratec and they are honoring the lower price. However they are still on backorder.
Placed my order today. The flat version. Hasn't been kicked back yet. Estimated ship date of July 30.

Last edited:

Five Seasons

First Name
Brett
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep JLU Rubicon, 2009 BMW 135i, 2002 Honda S2000,
I have a set on my JL, I am very happy with the fit and quality. Powder coat has been through one east coast winter and no signs of rust.

They are extremely beefy (heavy), but IMO that trade off for rocker protection is worth it.

0II392II0

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLURH
I'm looking at the step version of these. FYI, they have went up in price several hundred on the Rusty's site in the last week or so, now $899. They are still $519 shipped from Quadratec.
Thank you!!! Still worked and they also applied a discount too. Picked these up and the Quadratec's Deadpedal with rubber pad for 530 shipped. had been looking at these since march and almost went with MC Overline sliders but I feel long tern use with body mount sliders will end up causing issues and I'd rather take the risk with a few bolts then risk long term fatigue issues in the pinch seam. Deciding factor was that they're frame mount with almost no lost clearance.

I was doing some last minute research and read this thread, what do you know they still had them priced at 519 shipped. I cannot thank you enough, saved me over 400 bucks on the sliders!

OP
OP
JeepyD

JeepyD

First Name
Danny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Quadratec canceled the order after 3 months of waiting,, no longer available from Rustys at that price. Trying to stick to the same budget, I got Quadratec to match the Rustys price on the DV8 tubular sliders with endcaps. Still frame mounted, hope they are decent enough. Man I really wanted the Rustys but not for $400 more than they were 3 months ago...

crbrenny

First Name
Chad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR Sting Grey; 2021 JLR Gecko
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Engineer
Vehicle Showcase
I am contemplating the angled rocker protection. Waiting for a sale of some sort before I pull the trigger.
Sponsored