First Name
Lou
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL Rubi. Granite Crystal
Occupation
Realtor
Thanks i have read that post, my problem is not the winch I got a smittybilt xrc 9500,is the winch plate...I can't find a winch plate here in bc for the jl....
Rusty's has the dimensions of the maximum sizes that will fit with their winch plate, If your winch is larger than that, look at the JCR winch plate. Rusty's is 1/4" steel, but mounts on the inside of your bumper mount. JCR's is only 3/16", but mounts outside of your bumper mount so it will accommodate the larger winch sizes.
Sponsored

knower

First Name
Giuseppe
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.wildbreath.com
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler Rubicon Unlimited JL
Occupation
VFX Artist / Photographer / Cinematographer
Rusty's has the dimensions of the maximum sizes that will fit with their winch plate, If your winch is larger than that, look at the JCR winch plate. Rusty's is 1/4" steel, but mounts on the inside of your bumper mount. JCR's is only 3/16", but mounts outside of your bumper mount so it will accommodate the larger winch sizes.
The problem is that I will have to order any of them in the states since nobody has them in stock here in Vancouver and I am not sure they'll be here on time...considering border check etc :(

JL2018

First Name
Lou
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Realtor
Here is an updated list from the website...

405CE896-8766-4B4F-97A4-25A86304326B.png
I guess I didn't ead enough of the thread. here is an update , Rusty's should work with your xrc

JL2018

First Name
Lou
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Realtor
The problem is that I will have to order any of them in the states since nobody has them in stock here in Vancouver and I am not sure they'll be here on time...considering border check etc :(
Sorry to hear..... Nice to be an American!!:rock::clap::cwl: had to go there. LOL

knower

First Name
Giuseppe
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.wildbreath.com
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Ahahah yeah I hear you, at least for Jeep things :)

After trying a Smittybilt winch plate as well, I ended up ordering the Rusty's plates with a 3 day shipping from the US.
It costed me 460$ CAD to get a stupid winch plate.
I hope is shipped right away and I can still put it on.

So that everybody knows

Smittybilt 2804 doesn't work on the JL steel bumper, because that is supposed to be used to mount the winch on TOP of the original bumper.

The Bullydog winch mount plate doesn't work because the JL frame horn holes are in a different place.

So make sure you get a proper JL Rubicon winch mount if you want to avoid surprises.

G.

Sponsored

MojitoJLUR

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR Mojito
Is there a preference of mounting inside the bumper mounts or outside of the bumper mounts? I bought the XRC so it will fit with either and trying to decide which to go with. 1/4" sounds better than 3/16" but I'm new to all this! lol

PaulNY

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘24 JLUR 392 Anvil ordered 5-10-23
I have the JCR Off-Road winch plate and love it. It was actually heavier than I thought it would be, and fit my warn zeon 10s which is why I purchased it. After talking to the guys over at JCR, they have never had a winch plate failure on any Jeep, ever! So, remember it's not just about steel thickness, but steel quality/ingredients.

knower

First Name
Giuseppe
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.wildbreath.com
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Honestly I think they are all over-engineered in terms of safety. Before you pull the mounting plate (assuming is installed correctly) off the bumper the cable will be already broken, or something else will.

As for inside vs outside, as long is sandwiched properly and torqued to spec makes little difference.
What I like about the JCR is that the outside plate covers all 8 bolts of the bumper, which results in it being incredibly solid, statistically more than the Rustys that seems to be using only 2 (or one?) per side.

As said, is not just the thickness, is also how the materials is treated and how is welded, but in general they both seem very solid products.

My rusty plate is coming tonight and I'll put the XRC 9500 on it asap.

Too bad they are only available in the States...it costed me a fortune (but still less than the Mopar one!) to get one here in Canada....

G.

knower

First Name
Giuseppe
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.wildbreath.com
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
20180322_090958.jpg
Put the winch on yesterday night. Got the rusty plate in two days kudos for that.

Need to connect the electrical to the battery, through where did you guys pass the cables? The hood of this jeep is really busy...didn't see any opening in the grill either.

JL2018

First Name
Lou
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Realtor
Is there a preference of mounting inside the bumper mounts or outside of the bumper mounts? I bought the XRC so it will fit with either and trying to decide which to go with. 1/4" sounds better than 3/16" but I'm new to all this! lol
If I had the smaller winch I would use the Rusty's, 1- because it is a full 1/4 inch thick and 2- Mounting on the inside of the bumper guard will give you that extra support.
Since I have the Zeon 10 waiting in my shop for the jeep to arrive, I will probably end up going with the JCR, unless something better comes out by the time my jeep arrives

Sponsored

JL2018

First Name
Lou
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Realtor
Honestly I think they are all over-engineered in terms of safety. Before you pull the mounting plate (assuming is installed correctly) off the bumper the cable will be already broken, or something else will.

As for inside vs outside, as long is sandwiched properly and torqued to spec makes little difference.
What I like about the JCR is that the outside plate covers all 8 bolts of the bumper, which results in it being incredibly solid, statistically more than the Rustys that seems to be using only 2 (or one?) per side.

As said, is not just the thickness, is also how the materials is treated and how is welded, but in general they both seem very solid products.

My rusty plate is coming tonight and I'll put the XRC 9500 on it asap.

Too bad they are only available in the States...it costed me a fortune (but still less than the Mopar one!) to get one here in Canada....

G.
Post some more pics please:clap::clap:

JL2018

First Name
Lou
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Realtor
20180322_090958.jpg
Put the winch on yesterday night. Got the rusty plate in two days kudos for that.

Need to connect the electrical to the battery, through where did you guys pass the cables? The hood of this jeep is really busy...didn't see any opening in the grill either.
Here is the mopar mount instructions, you can see where they intend to feed the wiring

Attachments

knower

First Name
Giuseppe
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.wildbreath.com
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
That was really helpful! Thanks very much !

JL2018

First Name
Lou
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Realtor

biTToe

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL Rubi: Ordered 1/30/18 - Delivered 06/12/18- '06 TJ Rubi ( gone ), '75 CJ5 304-V8 (long gone)
Here is the mopar mount instructions, you can see where they intend to feed the wiring
Thanks for this!
Sponsored