Rusty’s Adjustable LCA vrs Rough country

Wfd1244

First Name
Shawn
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL wrangler unlimited sport s
I’m looking to get some adjustable lower front control arms after lifting my jeep to correct my caster. Since I’m hoping to spend less than $300 on a pair, I’m torn between Rusty’s and Rough Country.
I’ve had rough country parts before and never had a problem, but with an important part in the LCAs, I’m wanting to go with the beefiest option.
Any suggestions either way would be appreciated!
Sponsored

Carlton

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeeps lots of jeeps
Check out the Core 4x4 arms. Best bang for the buck, quality, American made.

Carlton

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeeps lots of jeeps
Although I do like that the Rusty arms come with OE rubber bushings. I suppose you can't go wrong with either the Core or Rusty's.

Roky

First Name
Roky
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase
I’m looking to get some adjustable lower front control arms after lifting my jeep to correct my caster. Since I’m hoping to spend less than $300 on a pair, I’m torn between Rusty’s and Rough Country.
I’ve had rough country parts before and never had a problem, but with an important part in the LCAs, I’m wanting to go with the beefiest option.
Any suggestions either way would be appreciated!
The rough country arms are big and well built, however if you end up wanting rear ones and you want them to match then don’t get rc, as of right now they don’t make them for the rear for jl. Coer4x4 and Rusty’s are the two I’ve narrowed it down to but haven’t decided yet.

OP
OP
Wfd1244

Wfd1244

First Name
Shawn
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL wrangler unlimited sport s
The rough country arms are big and well built, however if you end up wanting rear ones and you want them to match then don’t get rc, as of right now they don’t make them for the rear for jl. Coer4x4 and Rusty’s are the two I’ve narrowed it down to but haven’t decided yet.
Thanks for the input! I actually just ordered the Rough Country. Cjponyparts.com was running 10% off sale with free shipping, making it $180 out the door. The Rusty’s with shipping were $252, so For that cheap of a price, I’ll try the RCs

Sponsored

Roky

First Name
Roky
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase
Thanks for the input! I actually just ordered the Rough Country. Cjponyparts.com was running 10% off sale with free shipping, making it $180 out the door. The Rusty’s with shipping were $252, so For that cheap of a price, I’ll try the RCs
I have them on mine, they’re very heavy duty, and so far no complaints. I’m still undecided on which rear ones I’m going with.

silverbullet

First Name
Keaton
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 JKU, 2018 JLU Rubi
They are both not the best choices. RC joints are total trash and Rusty's aren't great in general. Purchase a quality set from Metalcloak, Synergy, Teraflex, etc.

saltyaggie

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUS
The Rusty's LCA's with the OEM rubber bushings just showed up at my door. These are BEEFY! Quality looks good, but time will tell if these bushings last. I've heard mixed opinions about their JK offerings. My offroading is mud and sand, so not too worried about articulation wearing out rod ends. Will try to install these over the weekend to dial in some more caster.

Boothorp

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler JLU Sahara
I got my Rock Krawler LCAs from a local shop for realitively cheap. They cheaper than what they are advertised as.

jruss

First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jl Sport Unlimited
They are both not the best choices. RC joints are total trash and Rusty's aren't great in general. Purchase a quality set from Metalcloak, Synergy, Teraflex, etc.
Pretty much this...I’ve had a lot of hands on, this guy nailed the good ones.

Sponsored

Cornfed

First Name
Jordan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 jl sport (totaled). 2019 JL Rubicon
Occupation
Electrician Ibew
I have them on mine, they’re very heavy duty, and so far no complaints. I’m still undecided on which rear ones I’m going with.
Hey just wondering if your still using the rc arms and how they’re holding up would you still recommend them?

Roky

First Name
Roky
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase
Hey just wondering if your still using the rc arms and how they’re holding up would you still recommend them?
I’ve switched to rock krawler for more articulation, but there was nothing wrong with the rc, there on my buddies rig and he loves them. They’re very beefy and they have the stud on them for the brake line bracket.