Sponsored

Rusty’s 2” Lift

Thashef

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR - Hydro Blue
Anyone running Rusty’s 2” performance lift. I see most people here run RK or MC but seems on the Facebook groups some people run Rustys and are happy with.

I wanna see if anyone runs here and their feedback.
Sponsored

OP
OP
Thashef

Thashef

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR - Hydro Blue
Seriously, no one running Rusty's lift on this forum?

Rubi VT

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR
I am running the Rustys 2 inch lift (mostly). For the last 2000 miles been running their 2 inch springs, front and rear adjustable lower control arms, and front and rear track bars. Its their approx 1k $ lift - i did not buy their shocks as I already had the 8 way adjustable reservoir shocks by Vertex from Rough Country (love them). The 2 inch progressive springs were perfect for me. I like the height, the look and most importantly the ride both on and off road. Now some of that has to do with the adjustable shocks but they work well together.

I hit the trails at least once a week (mud, rocks, backwoods Vermont) and I live 3 miles up a rutted, wash board dirt road, so they do get a work out. No complaints. Their springs show zero sag in first 2k miles. The Adjustable lower control arms are bomber and allowed me to perfectly dial in my alignment (running about 5.8 degrees of caster) . Jeep drive straight and very little wonder - thou i do also have the Falcon 3.3 adjustable steering stabilizer but I didn't buy that to solve a Rustys problem I bought it because its nice if you are going on a long road trip to dial in the stiff setting and not worry about the lifted jeep on 35's wandering.

Great company and super customer service. If I was doing it again I'm not sure i'd change anything. Some people might want a little more lift so they make the same spring in 3 inch lift as well.

Good luck.

Jeep Wrangler JL Rusty’s 2” Lift 20200506_182321
Jeep Wrangler JL Rusty’s 2” Lift 20200604_143100
Jeep Wrangler JL Rusty’s 2” Lift 20200604_143109

Sponsored

First Name
Clay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR 1981 CJ7
@Rubi VT i am looking at doing the same lift as you and also have a JLUR, how much actual lift did you get? I was wondering if it was different for a rubicon vs other models.

I am looking it run 35’s and want just a little lift to help with off road clearance

Rubi VT

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR
I'll post up so picks with measurements when I get a chance but it was a pretty honest 2 inches. I was at 6 inches from top of tire (35x12.5x17) to the bottom of the fender. Now its 8 or 8.25. Its 8 on passenger side with 1/2 to full tank fuel and 8.25 on driver side with no one in the jeep. If I get in driver seat its 8 as well I'm about 180 lbs.
You would never notice .25 inch difference anyway. Just info for you..

OP
OP
Thashef

Thashef

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR - Hydro Blue
@Rubi VT How is the on road ride, specially around town where the roads are normally not that clean. My number complain comes from Wife and Kids they describe it being in an old shitty bus.

Rubi VT

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR
The ride is very good. Remember that 1/3 of the ride feel is spring. Probably another 1/3 is your shocks and the rest is geometry, tires and air pressure. I'm sure other would adjust those percentages but you get the point.

I love the ride. I live 3 miles up a dirt, pot holed, wash board road and it runs great even at 35 or 40mph. I run 35 inch KO2 E rated tires. I try and keep them about 32 lbs of pressure.

Rubi VT

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR
PM me your number if you wanna chat. Happy to help.

Sponsored

Sting Gray Rubi

First Name
Erik
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Rubicon Unlimited
I'll post up so picks with measurements when I get a chance but it was a pretty honest 2 inches. I was at 6 inches from top of tire (35x12.5x17) to the bottom of the fender. Now its 8 or 8.25. Its 8 on passenger side with 1/2 to full tank fuel and 8.25 on driver side with no one in the jeep. If I get in driver seat its 8 as well I'm about 180 lbs.
You would never notice .25 inch difference anyway. Just info for you..
I'm looking at this same lift and going with 35s as well. Care to measure the front from the ground to bottom of fender? I'm interested to see where it'll take my stock Rubicon to.🤔
Thanks!

Rubi VT

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR
I'm looking at this same lift and going with 35s as well. Care to measure the front from the ground to bottom of fender? I'm interested to see where it'll take my stock Rubicon to.🤔
Thanks!
I am sorry to report - mostly due to the paint bubble / corrosion issue on 2020 JLUR I traded it in for a 2021 Ford Bronco Badlands Sasquatch.

that said - Rustys makes a very good lift and has great customer service - i have no problem strongly recommending there products.

Sting Gray Rubi

First Name
Erik
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Rubicon Unlimited
I am sorry to report - mostly due to the paint bubble / corrosion issue on 2020 JLUR I traded it in for a 2021 Ford Bronco Badlands Sasquatch.

that said - Rustys makes a very good lift and has great customer service - i have no problem strongly recommending there products.
Awesome, glad to hear you enjoyed their lift! For shits and giggles, how ya like the Bronco, especially coming down a Rubicon owner?
Thanks and enjoy that Bronco!
Sponsored