Sponsored

Rusty’s Off-Road Side Step Rocker Armor (rock sliders)

Krazyk86cu

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR, 2019 Raptor SCrew, 2013 Boxster S, 2004 Pilot
Vehicle Showcase
Hey guys! I finally settled on a replacement for my Rockslide Engineering steps. Went with Rusty’s side step sliders! There aren’t many pics/videos of these exact sliders so check them out in all their glory here! Video is a full detailed installation and walk around of the final product.

Sponsored

backs1de

First Name
Brando
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLU Rubicon - 3.6l Auto - Stingrey
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Biomed Engineer
Clubs

Hey guys! I finally settled on a replacement for my Rockslide Engineering steps. Went with Rusty’s side step sliders! There aren’t many pics/videos of these exact sliders so check them out in all their glory here! Video is a full detailed installation and walk around of the final product.

Hey man great video, I noticed all the rub marks on your lower control arms, I have those same arms and there's a simple fix by adding a few washers you wont have the problem anymore, 3 washers was all i needed, toss on some paint on the arms so they don't rust and your are good to go.

Here is a picture to help.

Jeep Wrangler JL Rusty’s Off-Road Side Step Rocker Armor (rock sliders) unnamed

FreedomFur

First Name
Elliot
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU Willys
I was hoping to see a Black Friday or Cyber Monday sale from Rusty’s to grab these, no luck!

Atom631

First Name
Atom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR

damn. Sucks about the damage you took from the RSE sliders. Looks like the Rustys sliders covered it up though.

any worry about the rustys doing the same thing?

Sponsored

OP
OP
Krazyk86cu

Krazyk86cu

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR, 2019 Raptor SCrew, 2013 Boxster S, 2004 Pilot
Vehicle Showcase
damn. Sucks about the damage you took from the RSE sliders. Looks like the Rustys sliders covered it up though.

any worry about the rustys doing the same thing?
I’m honestly not sure how I took damage with the RSE sliders. Looking at how they are mounted I can’t figure out how it happened. With that said, theres no way that’s happening with the Rusty’s sliders unless my body mounts just give out.

RubiBlueJLU

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR Diesel
Occupation
Structural Technician
Good looking slider/steps. Great video! Really appreciate the honesty about the bolt alignment issues.
Sponsored