RUST PROTECTION JEEP WRANGLER JL

jhern88

First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 WRANGLER SPORT JL 4 DOORS V6
Preparing my 2019 jeep wrangler jl for winter against rust. Do you guys have any suggestion for good rust products to undercoating chassis and internal frame that will dry fast also when i do car wash will not take out the rust protection? I heard eastwood is good or you guys know any good rust protection let me know thanks.

:jk: :flag: :like:
Sponsored

OP
OP

jhern88

First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I use Fluid film...spray it on and in crevasses and wipe off excess.
Jeep Wrangler JL RUST PROTECTION JEEP WRANGLER JL 1594859959464
This is good, but goes out when you do power wash under jeep.
:jk: :flag: :like:

Rico1111

First Name
Rico
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Rubicon 2 door JL
I apply it several times a year ...quick, painless and it protects .

MichaelAnthony

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Wrangler Rubicon JLUR, 97 Centurion Dually 7.3, 97 Classy Chassis Dually 7.3, 2016 Ultra Classic CVO
Vehicle Showcase
For me it is a paint on process with POR 15 with an undercarriage spray of oil based products to include inside frame rails and such. I still have a 97 F-350 with minimal rust and a 2001 Audi with minimal rust..... It's just what i do...

Sponsored

RDiddy

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 manual Sahara
For me it is a paint on process with POR 15 with an undercarriage spray of oil based products to include inside frame rails and such. I still have a 97 F-350 with minimal rust and a 2001 Audi with minimal rust..... It's just what i do...
I was curious about this too. The last car I bought I got sucked in to buying one of those electronic rust modules... Unsure of whether they are good or not, but that being said there is minimal to no rust on my 2009 vehicle and they salt the living hell out of the roads here 6 months a year.

If anyone wants to post their rust prevention methods I'd be grateful.

m3reno

First Name
Sal
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Jeep Wrangler JLU
I brought my car to an auto body shop. They sprayed a lanolin based product underneath similar to wax. I can't remember the name but I will look for it tomorrow. It's been two years. and it's still on. Fluid film is my second choice. Although I used a rubberized undercoating on my ram and it's virtually rust free after ten years with minor touch up every few years

5adventurers

First Name
Shelton
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR, 2015 Toyota 4Runner, 1991 Toyota Pickup
Not an expert on this one, but...I've done some maintenance and it seems to have worked. I don't get the salty roads but a few times a year in Southern VA, but we hit the salt air and beaches a lot so...(technically bottom of rust belt by Toyota recall standards...ask how I know )

Go to your local auto parts store. Look for a rust stop paint or rubberized undercoating. Only apply when the vehicle has been cleaned of dirt and grease and is dry. Apply. Double coat if desired. Watch as time passes and touch up. Should be good to go.

OP
OP

jhern88

First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I apply it several times a year ...quick, painless and it protects .
Have you eastwood heard they are good and dry fast also does not come off when your doing power wash under jeep.
Sponsored