Sponsored

Running wires from back bumper to Auxiliary switches

Rhinebeck01

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 JL Rubi, '22 Prevost M H3-45,'01 Harley FatBoy
Too late since you already ordered the others, but contrary to @Rhinebeck01 I would recommend the Rigids you linked here. I popped a couple of holes in the plastic bumper and mounted them easy-peasy. Would much rather have them in the bumper than hanging below it. Used a double in/single out diode so they come on either with aux 4 or in reverse. Just my .02
@Buckster

Personal choice which to go with. He mentioned he did not want to cut/drill into the bumper. I do not blame him. To me that offering looks like chitt fastened to face side of the rear bumper of a JL. . to each his own though.

As for them hanging to low... There are lots of other things hanging lower so not an issue.

As for lower placement..... Many like myself do not want the rear b/u light at the height of the bumper.

For example, I would not want the b/u light offering that mounts in place of the reflector on some JL's.

Again, b/u light shining lower if you trailer and want less wash out of rear view camera makes the Rigid's mounted lower wanted by some/many. To each his own though.

Yes, Diodes need to be in the mix regardless of which set of Rigids you go with.

Sponsored

Tredsdert

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Subaru Forester, 2021 Jeep Wrangler
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Beer Distribution
@Lustmord

I have a 2 dr. and you have a 4 dr.

With my 2 dr., you look straight down from where the main battery is mounted, you see the passenger frame rail. On my 2dr you can actually see the opening in the side of the passenger frame rail if you look in the passenger wheel well. I would think the JLU frame rail has similar openings.

See pic below. You can see the wire with the black protective plastic wire wrap over it running into the frame rail opening.

20181024_120533.jpg
Thanks guy, you just saved me a boatload of time! Been trying to figure out how to run the wire to the back to power my Dixie horn in its new location. Was about to do the prep work now and then actually run it tomorrow. Appreciate you so much guy, you been handy for years clearly!! ;) 😍