a

Crum44

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ordering 2022 Willys
I have the standard sailcloth top on my 2-door Sport. I've had no issues the last two winters as far as staying warm, and I bet the premium top is even better because it has an extra layer of material on the inside. The rear window is not easy to see out of if you're driving through wet salted/brined roads as a lot of stuff gets caught in the wake of the Jeep and collects on the window, but that's about the only downfall. There's three bows across the top so it won't bend with the weight of snow on it.

Cleaning the window is easy enough...as you mentioned, the spray hose at the coin op car wash, or Plexus cleaner. That stuff lifts the dirt right off, and then wipe with a microfiber towel.
If you get a soft top only from the factory it does not come wired for a hard top nor does it have the mounting tabs. So if you ever decide to grab one, you’ll be adding these items. Easy enough on the tabs and the dealer will install a kit that adds the wires, plumbing and control stalk for the rear wiper.

You’d be fine with just a soft top. But you’d be better served all around by getting both. I switch them in October and in April the soft top goes on. Rear window washer and wiper in the salty melt is worth it alone.
If you get a soft top only from the factory it does not come wired for a hard top nor does it have the mounting tabs. So if you ever decide to grab one, you’ll be adding these items. Easy enough on the tabs and the dealer will install a kit that adds the wires, plumbing and control stalk for the rear wiper.

You’d be fine with just a soft top. But you’d be better served all around by getting both. I switch them in October and in April the soft top goes on. Rear window washer and wiper in the salty melt is worth it alone.
Thanks for feedback, we test drove a door sport s with hardtop this weekend. Having the flip up rear window is such a advantage. Think we are going hardtop and add a softop down the road. Thanks again for feedback

Chris
Sponsored

Crum44

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ordering 2022 Willys
Grew up down in Manahakwin with Jeeps (never owned a hard top) with no issues. Just use one of those self-wash stations every now and then, and you will be fine. Just a word of caution, I have the tan soft top (Hellayella Willys 2-door) and it seems like replacemets are tough to come by, but it does look awesome. Good luck with your build!
Thanks for feedback! We may go hardtop mostly for the rear window gives better access as we go to IBSTP a lot. Flip up window will be easier for loading and unloading.

Thanks again for input

AdamG

First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLSportS
I run a standard soft top all year in Michigan. Carry a full water bottle with you and on wet days, when you get somewhere, rinse off the back window while it’s wet. Keeps it pretty clear.
Sponsored