AZ Hella

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLUR
Vehicle Showcase
I have been wanting to go naked with my Jeep but I don’t have a garage. Are any of you rolling the dice and just using a cover as a deterrent? I’m thinking I could just keep nothing in the Jeep and the console/glovebox Unlocked and hope for the best. I don’t live in the best neighborhood but it’s not the worst either.
should I just go for it?
Sponsored

Maverick909

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Sporticon, 1976 GMC K15 Lifted on 35's
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Electrician/ Industrial Furnace MFG
Clubs

I have been wanting to go naked with my Jeep but I don’t have a garage. Are any of you rolling the dice and just using a cover as a deterrent? I’m thinking I could just keep nothing in the Jeep and the console/glovebox Unlocked and hope for the best. I don’t live in the best neighborhood but it’s not the worst either.
should I just go for it?
i run naked for the big weekends. i just keep the jeep empty and all the consoles unlocked. they can dig through it but will never find anything cause there is nothing to take. i dont even leave my registration in my jeep nor insurance. I just keep a photo on my cell with my reg and insurance. i also dont have must worry about it being stolen either. My jeep is Equipped with a millennial anti theft device LOL. enjoy the freedom with the naked jeep!

OP
OP
AZ Hella

AZ Hella

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLUR
Vehicle Showcase
i run naked for the big weekends. i just keep the jeep empty and all the consoles unlocked. they can dig through it but will never find anything cause there is nothing to take. i dont even leave my registration in my jeep nor insurance. I just keep a photo on my cell with my reg and insurance. i also dont have must worry about it being stolen either. My jeep is Equipped with a millennial anti theft device LOL. enjoy the freedom with the naked jeep!
Lol. Mine also has the millennial anti theft device.
F¥€K it. I’ll just get a cover ( mainly because the sun is seriously intense here ) and place my faith in my fellow man/woman/thing.

Gregicon

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JL Wrangler Sport Unlimited
I'm more naked than most....I took my doors off and carpet out in April, and don't plan on putting the doors back on until Thanksgiving....
Jeep Wrangler JL Running naked with no protection. 0-1

OP
OP
AZ Hella

AZ Hella

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLUR
Vehicle Showcase
I'm more naked than most....I took my doors off and carpet out in April, and don't plan on putting the doors back on until Thanksgiving....
Jeep Wrangler JL Running naked with no protection. 0-1
Super interested in the on carpet. Are you experiencing excessive heat from the floor board? I have been debating doing this and even posted a thread which didn’t get too much traction.
i would appreciate your input.
thanks

Sponsored

Gregicon

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JL Wrangler Sport Unlimited
Super interested in the on carpet. Are you experiencing excessive heat from the floor board? I have been debating doing this and even posted a thread which didn’t get too much traction.
i would appreciate your input.
thanks
It's been super hot over the last 2 weeks (90+ and humid on some days) and I haven't noticed any heat from the floor or transmission tunnel. Each footwell does have a bead of something brown, under the final paint coat, (I don't know what it is) that tends to get soft and sticky on hot days. It can be smeared across the floorboard if you're not careful. Cleans up easily with goo gone though. Hope this helps!

OP
OP
AZ Hella

AZ Hella

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLUR
Vehicle Showcase
It's been super hot over the last 2 weeks (90+ and humid on some days) and I haven't noticed any heat from the floor or transmission tunnel. Each footwell does have a bead of something brown, under the final paint coat, (I don't know what it is) that tends to get soft and sticky on hot days. It can be smeared across the floorboard if you're not careful. Cleans up easily with goo gone though. Hope this helps!
Thanks man. Here it definitely would smear if touched. Soon it will be 110° at midnight. Why do I live here?

chacomaya

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR, 2013 VW Golf R, 2016 KTM 1290 Super Duke GT, 2015 KTM 500EXC
Vehicle Showcase
From the title of your post I thought you were talking about something like this...https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L1phKgJyDCA

jaozus

First Name
Frederick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 JLU Firecracker Red 3.6L 6MT
I’m not worried about having my jeep stolen, it’s a 6 speed manual after all. However, I am worried that someone might just pop in and disengage my parking brake and send me rolling....
Sponsored