Running dual battery cable to rear storage cubby

Steve F

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLUR, JKU
What's the best route to run cables from starter battery (via DCDC charger) to the rear underfloor cubby for a second battery? I have 48AH lithium to run my Waeco CF25 day pack fridge, camp lights, UHF and anything else that can be left on while the Jeep is off but not sure on how to get the cables there the easiest safest way? In the cabin, underneath or a mix of both. I pick up my JLUR on Wednesday and then have 4 days off over Easter to fit as many mods as I can so trying to get ahead of the game ;)

Here's a pic of the battery, slimline, 2 Anderson plugs on one end and a 12v socket on the other (this will be used for my wireless hot spot as it will get removed when not on the road as I use at home when the cable connection goes down, I live in Australia and unfortunately this happens more than I would like)

Jeep Wrangler JL Running dual battery cable to rear storage cubby 20210327_212631_1
Sponsored

Badweissenbier

First Name
Bad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Billet JLUR
For my compressor I bought some sheathing to protect the wires then I just ran them along the passenger frame rail then up through the drain hole under the rear seat for my compressor. Cut the rubber sealing plug to act as a grommet. Works fine for me.

Dfideth

First Name
Frank
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR 3.6 Sarge
Occupation
Crane Tech
Jeep Wrangler JL Running dual battery cable to rear storage cubby Firewall
Jeep Wrangler JL Running dual battery cable to rear storage cubby Rear Storage

Through the firewall under the fuse box. Behind passenger kick panel, down the passenger base to the rear passenger wheel well cover to the rear compartment.

LanceMagnum

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR
Jeep Wrangler JL Running dual battery cable to rear storage cubby 1616938932068

I did from the starting battery across the engine bay and through the large grommet underneath the brake booster (automatic). Then followed factory wiring along the rocker panels and up to the rear wheel well. On my first iteration I went from the top of the wheel well and routed inside the cargo area to the storage compartment. For a second iteration I put a grommet at the top of the wheel well and ran wires behind the inner fender liner and to the underside and used cable glands to enter the storage space. You can see them on the left side of the storage space in the pic.

Lynweber

First Name
Lynette
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep Wrangler JLU Sahara

Through the firewall under the fuse box. Behind passenger kick panel, down the passenger base to the rear passenger wheel well cover to the rear compartment.

Did you fabricate this housing? Or where can I find one?I have a battery in my cubby with an amp and would like something like this but having zero luck at finding it.

Mattyp1214

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Black 2018 JLUR
Did you fabricate this housing? Or where can I find one?I have a battery in my cubby with an amp and would like something like this but having zero luck at finding it.
Its from american adventure lab
Sponsored