First Name
Donnie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18 JLUR, 23 Wildtrak Bronco w/Sasquatch package
Occupation
Benefits Manager
everyone has their preferences. Me, I take the doors off in the spring and they dont go back on until the fall. I have another car to drive if its raining. If its not raining, im in my JL. They just hang out on my garage wall. By the way, if anyone hasnt seen this type of door hanger, definitely worth looking at!! Surco DH1002
I second this door hanger! It works very well!

JeepVet74

First Name
Jenn
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mercedes AMG SLC43; 2022 392 XR
I love doors off and top down season, which begins in early spring for me. Working from home helps me take those suckers off early :like:.

The tube doors with netting are nice to have. I also have a Spiderweb shade that stays on (fits under the soft top) for some shade. But I love convertibles, so am a bit of a dork when it comes to vehicles going topless.
IMG_3749-X3.jpg
I have serious Jeep lust right now šŸ˜

JeepVet74

First Name
Jenn
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mercedes AMG SLC43; 2022 392 XR
Finally pulled the trigger on some door hangers and put them up in my garage last night. Doors are off the JLUR for the first time.

Its been 18 yrs since I sold the CJ and last had a Jeep. Loved going topless and doorless in that thing. Have loved the soft top this summer, especially driving with it down.

But I gotta say, I didnā€™t love the drive to work today without doors. Something felt off about it. I think I prefer the top down but doors on.

Am I alone in that?
No, I feel the same. I love the naked look but comfort-wise, I think I prefer the top off and doors on. Because when doors are on and window is down, I prop my arm there and partially hang it out. When the doors are off, my left arm is just kinda awkward. Like hanginā€™ around, nothing to do šŸ˜‚
So, yeah, Iā€™m with ya on that.

Blue 179

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Willys sport wrangler 2 door
I have a 100 mile round trip highway commute for work. I try to have the doors off as much as possible. The highway speeds and heat donā€™t bother me at all. However, if it is a windy day say 25+, it gets a little tough.

Sponsored

Retrograde

Banned
Banned
Banned
First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLSS, 1995 Chevy K2500
Occupation
Arms Dealer
..I gotta say, I didnā€™t love the drive to work today without doors. Something felt off about it. I think I prefer the top down but doors on.
You obviously don't realize it, but you've answered your own question-- you don't drive to work with the doors off. Work is the antithesis of driving a Jeep with the doors off...

Now drive to the beach on a sunny Sunday afternoon day with the doors off. Or cruise the main drag on a hot Saturday Nite, and you'll remember what it's all about.

PA JLUR

First Name
Cos
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR
Great subject. My preference- Doors off, top on. I love this setup, cause I hate the sun beating on my head and it cuts down the wind and noise, while giving a fun safari style driving experience. Also like having rear cargo windows on for store runsā€¦.. gives me a safe place to store stuff without having to worry about it falling out of the doorless Jeep. When PA weather is questionable, Iā€™ll keep my bestop soft doors close by. I have the Lange Coyote Mirrors, but had to fabricate a longer passenger side mirror stem (top pic)to clear the smaller than factory window on the soft door.
Jeep Wrangler JL Running doorless (is it just me?) 323DC4EE-281C-412F-B191-1DC43E21A2B6
Jeep Wrangler JL Running doorless (is it just me?) BEE2ECF7-8DF3-4A93-BBA3-92B1F130890D

AZpueblo

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Unlimited Rubicon, '22 JLUR 4xe
Factory half doors are really nice. That's a great look too.
Jeep Wrangler JL Running doorless (is it just me?) IMG_2208
Jeep Wrangler JL Running doorless (is it just me?) IMG_2193
Jeep Wrangler JL Running doorless (is it just me?) IMG_2188

Trini

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Jeep Wrangler Sahara 4xe
Clubs

Finally pulled the trigger on some door hangers and put them up in my garage last night. Doors are off the JLUR for the first time.

Its been 18 yrs since I sold the CJ and last had a Jeep. Loved going topless and doorless in that thing. Have loved the soft top this summer, especially driving with it down.

But I gotta say, I didnā€™t love the drive to work today without doors. Something felt off about it. I think I prefer the top down but doors on.

Am I alone in that?
Top down doors on Is my favorite configuration. My only problem is I wash my Jeep weekly. Also if you get a mesh to cover the top, itā€™s even better as the sun isnā€™t beating down on your head and itā€™s a bit quieter as well.

Jeep Wrangler JL Running doorless (is it just me?) 20220604_144829

Last edited:

Sponsored

YJdude

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1995 YJ 4.0, 2021 JL Willys Sport

Am I alone in that?
I have a 95 YJ and a 21 Willys 2dr. Neither ever have doors or top. The wind ABSOLUTELY hits you differently in the JL. It is way more pleasant in the YJ. That being said, after a little time you'll get used to it. It bothered me at first but not at all now.

BBETTS123

First Name
BRANDON BETTS
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 WRANGLER
When I go doorless in a JL/JT the wind tunnel effect is horrendous. It's literally like standing outside in a Cat 4 hurricane. About 10 minutes of that is enough to make me want to put the doors back on. It's kind of a shame. Plus, no mirrors....

I wish they'd done some more aero testing with the doors off.
Do you have all the doors off or just the fronts. I tried just removing the fronts a few years ago on my JK and I will never make that mistake again. I see people doing it and I just laugh.

REAWS6

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Gobi Rubicon 4xe
Do you have all the doors off or just the fronts. I tried just removing the fronts a few years ago on my JK and I will never make that mistake again. I see people doing it and I just laugh.
Why? I remove just the fronts on mine all the time and it is fine, no issues. I usually have the back windows down and all the soft top windows removed but even when I don't there are no issues with it.

jthoms1

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR
When I go doorless in a JL/JT the wind tunnel effect is horrendous. It's literally like standing outside in a Cat 4 hurricane. About 10 minutes of that is enough to make me want to put the doors back on. It's kind of a shame. Plus, no mirrors....

I wish they'd done some more aero testing with the doors off.
Are you running with doors off and hardtop on?

OldBlue

First Name
Doug
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
See my Signature
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Aerospace Forgings Test Lab
Vehicle Showcase
My Jeep is my DD, though I do occasionally drive my old truck to work. I love having the top and doors off, though I do admit there's a lot of buffeting on the highway. I just don't want to leave my Jeep sitting in a parking lot in an industrial area all day without it covered. It's a secure, monitored lot, so security-wise I don't worry too much, but I've seen the crap covering our vehicles after a day at work, and I don't want that crap in my Jeep. I've been thinking of getting a cover for the open part so I can throw that on while it's parked.
Sponsored