Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 Snazzberry Pearl JLR
Build Thread
Link
Clubs

Same here. Never felt right when I have taken the doors off, and honestly it just doesn't do anything for me. Fine for those that enjoy it, but not for me.
But I see you are comfortable with xmas lights on your Jeep. :LOL:

That might be where I draw the line.
Sponsored

Wraif

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19 2-door manual Rubicon, 09 JKU
I run a rain gear cover. I wouldn’t recommend anything else.

82661068-112E-4B90-A037-B291233422A7.jpeg

B5B46FF0-C82B-4216-82E5-3F8747F576E9.jpeg
Can that cover be put on if you have your doors on ? It looks like there is a provision for the mirrors. I think I like it.

Stuckinthesand

First Name
CJ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Wrangler Sport S
Can that cover be put on if you have your doors on ? It looks like there is a provision for the mirrors. I think I like it.
It can be put on with doors on and it does have a pocket with Velcro that opens up for mirrors. Straps are pretty long. I run the front straps to the frame, rear door area to the control arm mount and the rear 2 to the bottom of the rear bumper.

LOBBS

First Name
Kyle
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLR
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Quality Manager in Automotive Aftermarket
I bought my JL in 2020. I would love the factory half doors but they are not available unless you order a new jeep. I'm not going to purchase another JL just to get the half doors. I wouldn't mind paying the $4500, or whatever the option costs, for them but they're just not available.
Keep an eye on FB Marketplace and the forums. The price of the secondary market will come down eventually.

Traktor31

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU Sport S
That question recurringly makes the rounds here, with no general agreement on the subject. E.g., the factory labels affixed on both sides of the soft top's framework say No.

Click.

Proceed at your own risk.
Interesting. I went back to the video I watched when I originally got my Jeep and it says the exact opposite. :LOL: Guess I wouldnt risk it at highway speeds.

Sponsored

RichD

First Name
Rich
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Sport S
Yup, thought I was the only one. The wind doesn't bother me, but just an odd feeling of falling out of the Jeep! Vertigo maybe? I find myself hanging on to the console with right arm!

Hennessey17

First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Wrangler Sport
I just took the doors off for the first time on Sunday... took the front doors off and opened the Sunrider.... it's kind of the reverse mullet... party in the front, business in the back (rear doors and hard top still in place). I drove from Milwaukee to Naperville, IL (western Chicago suburb) and then to Barrington, IL... so I spent almost 4 hours in the sun between 11 am to about 3 pm... I got burned pretty badly... left leg is sunburned... right leg is fine... forehead and nose are blistered up (I can tan, but I do have ginger skin that I always forget about).

The doors are still off, but Sunrider is closed for a few days.

Gunfighter

First Name
P.J.
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Wrangler High Altitude
Occupation
Trying not to get warning points
Vehicle Showcase
Going doorless/topless is the BEST way to enjoy the Jeep. Love it!

bipock

First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Sahara JLU
Bought my Jeep when I lived a little east of Raleigh and had to drive 440 to Cary a bit. Probably 4 weeks before I ever tried taking the doors off just to drive around town, much less on the highway. Got comfy with that, then drove on the highway. I quickly learned that I have enough power to fly by a semi and I feel a whole lot safer when I'm not by them with the doors off. Been popped in the face a couple times by a small rock or large bug - that'll definitely get your attention.

Have since moved to the coast and it's top-down/doors off as much as possible. I have a 20-minute commute to work (CPA, business casual dress). PFG shirt, shorts to work to keep from being overly sweaty and then change pants at work. Reverse when time to go home.

Balding, but not bald, sunshades make a big difference, but you can still burn your head.

Rain chances go up the next couple days, so I'll probably put the doors back on and have to adjust to being crampped for a couple. Wife and kids love the doors off and top back, but I definitely pay a great bit of attention to other drivers.

Cajun21

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR, 2021 Ram 1500
There's quite a few comments on the half doors-if thats what you like so be it, yet the people forget the reason some people buy these vehicles to take those things off-I prefer the summer with them off and halfway into fall-but where I live you can do that, I have no problems with gust of wind-maybe an occasional haboob and occasional down pour. Hook on mirrors and enjoy. Besides anyone that buys a Jeep and doesn't enjoy it-is wasting money. Keep the Jeep wave going.

Sponsored

4x4Punk

First Name
Skully
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
97 Wrangler TJ, 22 Wrangler JL Sport
When I first got my TJ 25 years ago I was itching to take the doors off. I drove around the block one time like that and felt really uncomfortable about it. I've been running tube doors ever since - it's zero protection but it's a mental thing. I'm shopping for some for the new JL now.

Heimkehr

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU 2.0T
...maybe an occasional haboob
I had to look that word up. Turns out it has a legit definition.

I was expecting...something else.

😎

T.T.T

First Name
Ty
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘18 Jl 6spd, ‘01 Tj Sahara 5spd
Yes the wind tunnel effect is terrible on these new jeep compared to the tj’s

JoeDoc359

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Wrangler Sport S
Occupation
Firefighter
My Rain Gear cover fits around the mirrors I put on with the doors off, so I would imagine it would work with the doors/mirrors on.
Sponsored