Sponsored

Running a fridge off the Aux buttons

Moregone

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLUR
Found a good deal and ended up picking up a fridge. It wasn't something I was planning so I am now doing my homework.
Alpicool CF55 if anyone is interested.

It fits great in the back of my JLUR. The rear accessory port does fine for powering it, but when plugged in that means there is like a 3" gap to give space for the plug. I am planning to install an additional 12v accessory port in the rear in a manner that allows me to push the fridge all the way up against the wheel well where the factory 12v port is.

I am thinking there might be some advantage to wiring the additional accessory port to factory Aux switches. The fridge won't be mounted full time so if I am ever using that port for something else I would be able to change the settings based on the use case ( ignition, full time etc).

Just looking to see if anyone thinks this is a bad idea or has any info to share.

I am thinking I will use one of the lower amp Aux buttons, run a single wire from the Aux to the power port and then do a local ground.

Good, bad, dangerous?
Sponsored

Clayton Off Road

Summit Sponsor (Level 3)
First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR
Not sure if this is dangerous, but sounds awesome :)

Dank

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR
I run my ARB fridge using the Aux 1 switch to an accessory plug in the back. Works great with no issues.
Sponsored