Running 4xe while charging?

Zacreth

First Name
Curtis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 Gecko 4xe
So I read the manual and it said something along the lines to not run it while charging... IIRC.

I heard of teslas charging overnight while they sleep in it with the car on so they can run the ac.

Can't we do that as well?
Sponsored

4xeRubicon

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Rubicon 4xe
I remote start mine while making coffee in the morning so it can warm up or cool down the interior before going to work. Sometimes it runs for 5-10 minutes. No issues so far.

Patthe

First Name
Patrick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep wrangler unlimited JL
So I read the manual and it said something along the lines to not run it while charging... IIRC.

I heard of teslas charging overnight while they sleep in it with the car on so they can run the ac.

Where did you see that? I live in Canada and have the remote start. I plug st night and remote start every morning as it is plug without issue.

GATORB8

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 JLURe
You can run it, but not drive.
Level 1 can not keep up with the climate control use.

Obviously don’t sleep in it with it running in an enclosed garage in case the ICE kicks on.

OP
OP
Zacreth

Zacreth

First Name
Curtis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 Gecko 4xe
Weird, I thought I read it in the supplement guide but I can't find it now. I read it before going to pick mine up from the dealership since I had a 1700 mile drive home, but I can't find it after reading through it 3 times again.
I thought I read it where you shouldn't operate the vehicle while charging and I know that a level 1 charge rate wouldn't be able to handle the recharge while in use. I heard of Tesla's running their car overnight while plugged into a public charging station so they could sleep in the car and when they wake up they would have a full charge and be on their way.
I guess the 4xe could do that since the recharge would be quick on a level 2. I wonder if you left it on electric mode and plugged it that it would prevent the engine from starting during the night.

Again, this would be a frequent thing and was just curious if we could if the need arises.

Sponsored

GATORB8

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 JLURe
Weird, I thought I read it in the supplement guide but I can't find it now. I read it before going to pick mine up from the dealership since I had a 1700 mile drive home, but I can't find it after reading through it 3 times again.
I thought I read it where you shouldn't operate the vehicle while charging and I know that a level 1 charge rate wouldn't be able to handle the recharge while in use. I heard of Tesla's running their car overnight while plugged into a public charging station so they could sleep in the car and when they wake up they would have a full charge and be on their way.
I guess the 4xe could do that since the recharge would be quick on a level 2. I wonder if you left it on electric mode and plugged it that it would prevent the engine from starting during the night.

Again, this would be a frequent thing and was just curious if we could if the need arises.
It’s a transmission lockout while plugged in.

MissAnnThorpe

First Name
Ann
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 JLU Sahara 4xE

I sit in mine while L2 charging while I work remotely sometimes. Seems to not mind being in "acc" or "run" while charging. Only issue I've found is the 110v outlet doesn't always provide a full 150w at the same time but that might be an issue with my laptop's charger. A 40w slow charger works fine.

L1 charging I've not had an issue running the stereo at the same time. I think they mean not to *drive* it but that's kinda obvious considering you're plugged in and it would be kinda hard without a very very long extension cord.
Sponsored