running 37's with just a lift?

Peanut Butter

First Name
Pat
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL?
This is what I am looking to do. Are you noticing any rubbing at all under flex?
I haven't taking it on anything difficult, yet.

The MXT run pretty true to size and I expect
them to rub the plastic in the back. I haven't molded the wheel well yet.

If I get it out this weekend, I'll let you know.

JMONEZ

First Name
Jared
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR
Occupation
Self employed
Vehicle Showcase
I just got my wheels and tires put on this week. Waiting for Metal Cloaks 2.5" lifts. Normal DD driving, no problem whatsoever. I haven't had a chance to get on the dirt yet, but 90% of my offroading is just forest roads and the like.

Method 17x8.5 305 NV
37x12.5x17 KO2
No Lift

IMG_5174.jpg

3EC82ED2-0ED8-440B-8C86-2C100963DE61.jpg
Any rubbing issues with MC lift and 4.75 backspace?

Jerrybizzle

First Name
Jerry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR
Occupation
Tech
This is what I am looking to do. Are you noticing any rubbing at all under flex?
I have a similar setup. Rough country spacer lift with 17x9 +12 (5.5 bs) and 37x12.5 mastercraft mxt. I do rub a little here and there when off roading but nothing I’m real concerned about. Real minor. Here’s a few shots flexed out. I did install the rear bump stops in the 3 inch position vs the 2 inch and I’m glad I did, the 37s are real close to the rear fenders but still get plenty of flex.

187411BC-E873-47C4-89C6-3AF0882644DA.jpeg

B067FF23-9DEB-46AC-947A-8F94399ADB2D.jpeg

A0DD9B17-FB6C-4244-80CC-487AB452CA47.jpeg

ChattVol

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLU 4 door
I have a similar setup. Rough country spacer lift with 17x9 +12 (5.5 bs) and 37x12.5 mastercraft mxt. I do rub a little here and there when off roading but nothing I’m real concerned about. Real minor. Here’s a few shots flexed out. I did install the rear bump stops in the 3 inch position vs the 2 inch and I’m glad I did, the 37s are real close to the rear fenders but still get plenty of flex.

187411BC-E873-47C4-89C6-3AF0882644DA.jpeg

B067FF23-9DEB-46AC-947A-8F94399ADB2D.jpeg

A0DD9B17-FB6C-4244-80CC-487AB452CA47.jpeg
Are your rear tires rubbing only on the inside or also on the top? In your pics, it looks like the rear has another 2-3" of uptravel before it hits the top portion of the fenders. With 37s, most seem to be running less than 5.5 backspacing to push the tires away from the inner fender/control arms and widen the stance to allow more flex. I'm running 5.2 backspacing with 35s, rubi fenders, 2.5" lift, with 2 bumpstops in front and 1 in rear and it flexes well with tires clearing the fenders by about a 1/4".(see pics below) Naturally, I'd like 37s bc they increase belly height and look proportionate. However, I dont want to have to buy another set of wheels with less backspacing to clear the fenders and flex well. The RK control arms are straight and don't help tire clearance...most lifts recommend backspacing of 4.5 or less, but I'd like to eventually put 37's on these wheels if 5.2 backspacing will clear the inner fenders....can adjust the steering stops to limit the turn radius a bit to clear the LCA's.
VeM1Y1k.jpg
tVgsMvd.jpg
iGpDdds.jpg
wW0jKjy.jpg

Sponsored

Martindfletcher

First Name
Martin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ducati 1299s, 2018 JLUR
Are your rear tires rubbing only on the inside or also on the top? In your pics, it looks like the rear has another 2-3" of uptravel before it hits the top portion of the fenders. With 37s, most seem to be running less than 5.5 backspacing to push the tires away from the inner fender/control arms and widen the stance to allow more flex. I'm running 5.2 backspacing with 35s, rubi fenders, 2.5" lift, with 2 bumpstops in front and 1 in rear and it flexes well with tires clearing the fenders by about a 1/4".(see pics below) Naturally, I'd like 37s bc they increase belly height and look proportionate. However, I dont want to have to buy another set of wheels with less backspacing to clear the fenders and flex well. The RK control arms are straight and don't help tire clearance...most lifts recommend backspacing of 4.5 or less, but I'd like to eventually put 37's on these wheels if 5.2 backspacing will clear the inner fenders....can adjust the steering stops to limit the turn radius a bit to clear the LCA's.
VeM1Y1k.jpg
tVgsMvd.jpg
iGpDdds.jpg
wW0jKjy.jpg

1 3/4 Spacers work pretty good with RK arms and stock wheels, I had minimal rubbing lock to lock with 37 sst pros

Jerrybizzle

First Name
Jerry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR
Occupation
Tech
VeM1Y1k.jpg
tVgsMvd.jpg
iGpDdds.jpg
wW0jKjy.jpg
Yeah I have higher backspacing than most. It was still rubbing the lower portion of the rear fender in Moab but not real bad. Just a little. It may have a little more room to stuff but I don’t think it’s more than an inch. Would rather save my fender vs get an extra inch of flex. If I end up doing fender mods I may switch the bump stop setup, but it’s good with me for now. I knew going in that many run less bs wheels, but am hoping these work and have so far. Plan on getting the mopar lift eventually and people run those with stock wheels so I should be fine. These wheels do push the tire out 2 inches from stock wheels.
Also should add the axle is still a little shifted from the lift, but am adding a track bar relocation bracket in the rear which will hopefully recenter it and then may be able to tuck inside the fender. TBD

CC2BD527-B618-441D-9A4A-A062C827035A.jpeg

ChattVol

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLU 4 door
Yeah I have higher backspacing than most. It was still rubbing the lower portion of the rear fender in Moab but not real bad. Just a little. It may have a little more room to stuff but I don’t think it’s more than an inch. Would rather save my fender vs get an extra inch of flex. If I end up doing fender mods I may switch the bump stop setup, but it’s good with me for now. I knew going in that many run less bs wheels, but am hoping these work and have so far. Plan on getting the mopar lift eventually and people run those with stock wheels so I should be fine. These wheels do push the tire out 2 inches from stock wheels.
Also should add the axle is still a little shifted from the lift, but am adding a track bar relocation bracket in the rear which will hopefully recenter it and then may be able to tuck inside the fender. TBD

CC2BD527-B618-441D-9A4A-A062C827035A.jpeg
Once you get the rear axle centered, you could get a cheap heat gun and easily remold that rear inner pladtic fender piece to create space or remove that piece all together. One of the advantages of higher backspaced wheels like ours is tires will tuck inside the upper lip of the fender allowing more uptravel.(if the tire clears the inner fender) In your pic, it looks like the rear tires have atleast 2-3" of upper fender clearance left to further tuck the rear tires. Look at my rear tires tucking into the wheel well in the flexing pics...they aren't rubbing anything.
Sponsored