Rumor: Out of new parts for 2021

Overwatch

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 JKUR, Sarge Green 392
Take this for what it's worth, which is not much. However we all share our stories here. My 392 XR 2021 was just cancelled and Jeep changed it to a 2022. I ordered it at the end of August. I just spoke to a friend at Jeep who said they couldn't do anything for me. They are out of a bunch of different parts, not just chips. They are cancelling any order they can and moving them to 2022. I have no idea why they think they will have more parts in a few months, but that's a different story. My dealer said she had 8 392's get cancelled today, but I don't know if any were XR. The good news is there are deals to be had on 2022 under invoice....
Sponsored

GrayHawk20

First Name
Cory
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
*See Signature for Info*
Occupation
(Architectural) Jr. Project Coordinator
Vehicle Showcase
Thats crazy, hopefully you can still get the great deal you anticipated for MY21. Thankful. I ordered when I did during these crazy times.

sjappers

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR, tacoma
Take this for what it's worth, which is not much. However we all share our stories here. My 392 XR 2021 was just cancelled and Jeep changed it to a 2022. I ordered it at the end of August. I just spoke to a friend at Jeep who said they couldn't do anything for me. They are out of a bunch of different parts, not just chips. They are cancelling any order they can and moving them to 2022. I have no idea why they think they will have more parts in a few months, but that's a different story. My dealer said she had 8 392's get cancelled today, but I don't know if any were XR. The good news is there are deals to be had on 2022 under invoice....
what is the XR 392?

RidgebackWrangler

First Name
Brent
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Toyota Prius LE, 2021 Toyota Prius Prime
Interesting does anyone out there have anymore info on this? Possibly that 392 facebook group.

ads75

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 2Door JL Rubicon in Mojito, 2022 Rivian R1T
I need a new 8.4" radio for my 2019. I brought it in to a dealer September 8, their system estimated 4-5 days. 4-5 weeks later they called and said they had the new radio. After I got there they said they didn't have the part. Not sure if they used it on someone else or they ordered the wrong one. Anyway, going on 8 weeks, still no radio. But I got a warranty!

Sponsored

MSparks909

First Name
Miles
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLU Rubicon 3.0
I will be so effing angry if my July order gets kicked to 22’…especially after some people that ordered in Aug/September already got their 392XRs. Supposed to have my build start 11/1. Guess I’ll call my dealer next week and see if I get kicked or not 😞

Last edited:

MRV861792

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep MOAB (Sold); (Waiting) 22 Rubicon w/XR
Occupation
Executive Project Manager / Risk Consultant
This is not surprising at all ! I know GM is have the same issue right now with the C8 Corvette - they are shipping vehicles without heated seats / heated steering wheels because of the same issue. Manufactures will produce the models they have the parts for and defer others; Guess we all have to be patient.

hiimmike

Banned
Banned
Banned
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Jeep Wrangler JLUR
Occupation
Network Engineer
Yikes!! I ordered a ‘22 two weeks ago and the dealer said I am at the top of the list. I told him “now I wait for 6months” and he said no it would be way sooner than that. He estimated end of January. We’ll see who was right but I won’t hold my breath. I’ll be going from a Subaru to a wrangler in CO so I guess I dont mind that much if it comes later because the Subaru is amazing in the snow.

rickinAZ

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Rubicon EcoDiesel (11th Jeep)
Occupation
Retired CFO. Mayo Clinic volunteer.
When the pandemic is over, things will get back to normal, but that's not going to happen soon.

Too much silliness for that.

Sponsored

Deleted member 73239

I had a 2019 Durango for on order for business in March 2019 and Mopar changed my order in September 2019 to a 2020 with no communication other than an email saying that had made the change. I took delivery of my 2020 Durango in December of 2019. In my case it worked to my advantage, completely new interior and front end but it was a long wait.

ECP

First Name
Peter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 JLURD
This is not surprising at all ! I know GM is have the same issue right now with the C8 Corvette - they are shipping vehicles without heated seats / heated steering wheels because of the same issue. Manufactures will produce the models they have the parts for and defer others; Guess we all have to be patient.
I'm not sure about this, I ordered 9/30 a Rubi with a bunch of options (and a damn high msrp) and according to my dealer, it is/was shipping out today. I read somewhere that they prioritize big $ orders - I guess I"m in that category? :(

Dealer telling me sometime between 11/3 and 11/9 it'll be ready for pickup..

I did not go XR though, so maybe the hold up is on those parts?

guarnibl

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 JLUR 392 XR, '21 JTR, '21 JLR, '09 JK
I'm not sure about this, I ordered 9/30 a Rubi with a bunch of options (and a damn high msrp) and according to my dealer, it is/was shipping out today. I read somewhere that they prioritize big $ orders - I guess I"m in that category? :(

Dealer telling me sometime between 11/3 and 11/9 it'll be ready for pickup..

I did not go XR though, so maybe the hold up is on those parts?
Non 392 XR's were being delivered w/o issue.

Not sure what the shortage is. Mine is still a '21 and 11/17 ETA. (392 XR).
Sponsored