Sponsored

Deleted member 59498

My finance Dracula told me he was getting a 2 door with the diesel. 🤣
Sponsored

Deleted member 59498

He was actually pretty cool and I was too happy to tell him there was no 2 door diesel. Which would be pretty awesome, probably as good as the 392.

Ratbert

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
AEV JL370 JLURD , AMG GLC43
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Software Engineer
Clubs

I assume you are commenting on axle widths since there is no need to make the body any wider except for the flares.

In general, those running large tires seem to install aftermarket axles that are wider by 2-6 inches. Some also like the improved stability they provide. There is a minor drawback for tight trails, but that quickly abates as these wider axles become more prevalent and trails get widened by them.
It's 85.7" wide. As far as I can tell that's about a foot wider than an XR. I've been on several trails where there's no way that I would have fit if my Jeep was a foot wider.

It probably wouldn't matter on most trails around Moab, but it definitely does on many of the trails where I live.

Redrockjk

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JK Wrangler
The 20th aniversary rubicon thats coming should be interesting.....the diesel would make even more interesting

Sponsored

gato

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR
It's 85.7" wide. As far as I can tell that's about a foot wider than an XR. I've been on several trails where there's no way that I would have fit if my Jeep was a foot wider.

It probably wouldn't matter on most trails around Moab, but it definitely does on many of the trails where I live.
Yes. But that width is the axle/tire track and the removable flares. The body of the vehicle is no wider than before.

I wheel in New England - tight, wooded trails, and axle/tire/track width is never an issue. It is the body width (and length) that makes it tricky to navigate the tight trails. I actually would prefer a wider track on my JLUR to keep the the brush and small trees away from the body. On tight trails, following the Jeep with the wide axles and 40" tires makes life easier.

WasMFD

First Name
Coño, Captain
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JKUS, JLUR
What is the reason(s) the XR hasn't been offered with the 3.0 EcoDiesel?

WasMFD

First Name
Coño, Captain
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JKUS, JLUR
I could not wait so built my own... I will say though, if I was to buy a 5th JL I would go back to the V6, or wait for the I-6. I still really like this one, but I am not sure I would get another.

Jeep Wrangler JL Rumor: Diesel XR (Xtreme Recon) coming in November 8DD085DC-E887-4ED2-9179-DDEAF46D0078
Why not another? What lift did you go with?

Antonio

First Name
Antonio
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 JLU Rubicon diesel
What is the reason(s) the XR hasn't been offered with the 3.0 EcoDiesel?
It mostly has to do with gearing and epa regulation to mpg etc on the diesel, but I think we’d be more likely to see the new hurricane engine in the wrangles as a 20 th anniversary edition then jeep working on tweaking the diesel to accommodate the XR

XtremeRetard

First Name
Richard
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLURXR
Build Thread
Link
It's a known fact FCA recently registered the trademark "Jeep Xtreme Performance"

40th anni? 3L Hurricane with 60's and 37's?

Who knows, but something is coming...

Sponsored

Ratbert

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
AEV JL370 JLURD , AMG GLC43
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Software Engineer
Clubs

It's a known fact FCA recently registered the trademark "Jeep Xtreme Performance"

40th anni? 3L Hurricane with 60's and 37's?

Who knows, but something is coming...
For Jeep, but not necessarily Wranglers.

Hazaa

First Name
Richard
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 JK 2dr Rubicon, 2016 Cherokee Trailhawk
I work for a CDJR dealership, had my manager open up the builder. Currently the diesel is not available to be packaged with the XR option. That may change going into the end of the year, but I doubt it. I also never see them putting the 3.0L hurricane in the Wrangler or even the Gladiator. They are already killed the V8 for the Grand Cherokee, if they want more power they will likely just play with the 2.0 output like they did with the Hornet.

El Jefe

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Several
Please please please bring the Diesel Xtreme Recon - *before* Reign goes away...!

Antonio

First Name
Antonio
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 JLU Rubicon diesel
I heard from a dealer its happening around November.
Any updates since it looks like the diesel is going bye bye for the wrangler?? The Farout edition obviously has no mention of this, so I’m assuming it’s a bust!
Sponsored