OP

BEACHED WHALE

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLR
Dealers aren't exactly known for:

1. Honesty

2. Knowing the product they actually sell beyond MSRP.

Time will tell.
he's trying to sell me a lot jeep today. I asked about the diesel xr.He said they are getting the tutorial on it in the coming weeks and that it would be available in november. but yes, their not th most honest.

Dyolfknip74

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU Rubicon
he's trying to sell me a lot jeep today. I asked about the diesel xr.He said they are getting the tutorial on it in the coming weeks and that it would be available in november. but yes, their not th most honest.
Tutorial? There is literally nothing new happening that they shouldn't already be familiar with. Lol. Ask him what the tutorial involves, showing off the 35s or extended flares?

OP
OP

BEACHED WHALE

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLR
Tutorial? There is literally nothing new happening that they shouldn't already be familiar with. Lol. Ask him what the tutorial involves, showing off the 35s or extended flares?
It may have to do with gear ratio. An excuse from corporate for dealers/salespeople to better familiarize them with wranglers.

Sponsored

OP
OP

BEACHED WHALE

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLR
could also be special edition outlander

Sponsored

Antonio

First Name
Antonio
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 JLU Rubicon diesel
I’d be surprised, before ordering mine back in December I did an extensive reach out via email & phone to plenty of people from what I could find online associated with jeep Chrysler etc and out of the few that responded pretty much all of them stated that the way the diesel wrangler is designed is the reason why the XR package is not an option, the diesel has its own suspension and it’s own designed mopar lift etc, this aside from the gearing and EPA issues to mpg etc if maybe they had a change of mind over these past months idk 🤷‍♂️ but I was basically told that the XR package wouldn’t be an option to consider for them on the diesel as jeep was planning on going different direction eventually away from diesel on the wrangler, I remember one guy that I talked to specifically pointing out that the 2.0 is basically their go to engine now

aldo98229

First Name
Aldo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Jeep Gladiator, 2018 Fiat 124 Spider
Occupation
Market Research
Vehicle Showcase
If there’s indeed an EcoDiesel XR combination coming out, it might appear initially on a “special edition”, but you can count on Jeep spreading it to the rest of the Wrangler lineup eventually. Jeep is not going to go through the trouble and expense of certifying an engine just for a “special edition.” They will want to spread those development and certification costs as widely as possible.

But call me skeptic. I don’t see FCA/Stellantis approving any more diesel applications at this point. Their focus is now on meeting CAFE, reducing emissions, and in offering electrified powertrain options. EcoDiesel does not help FCA achieve many of those objectives. They are already way behind the rest of the industry in all those areas.

aldo98229

First Name
Aldo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Jeep Gladiator, 2018 Fiat 124 Spider
Occupation
Market Research
Vehicle Showcase
On the other hand, I can see an EcoDiesel XR combination as the opening of the way for offering 37s, or even 40s, from the factory.

Call it XXR... 😫

gato

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR
That would only happen if the Bronco had a diesel with 35s. The XR is simply Jeep's hurried reaction to the Bronco's factory 35s.

Jeep now needs to focus on a response to the Bronco Raptor, which has factory 37s, Dana 50 rear axle and advanced shocks.
Sponsored