Rugged Ridge XHD Rock Sliders

TJEli

First Name
Eli
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep, truck, car
My ROAM slider steps started rusting and I wanted to pull them off. I HAVE to have a step for my wife and daughters. I like the idea of some rocker protection but I am not ready to bore holes through the body yet. These looked interesting so I gave them a shot. They are body mount just like stock and my ROAMS. They fit pretty good out of the box but I still took them on and off about 3 times so I could "tweak" the rocker section to get an even gap close to the body. They come with a foam gasket on the back that I removed and re-did. They look like they are built well and are HEAVY. I hope the powder coat holds up better on these.

rrrails1.jpg
rrrails2.jpg
rrrails3.jpg
rrrails4.jpg
rrrails5.jpg
rrrails6.jpg
rrrails7.jpg

-Eli
Sponsored

IndustrialAction

First Name
Patrick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Wrangler JLUR
Vehicle Showcase
Looks great! I think the only thing I'd want is for them to be a bit taller on top so they reach the bottom of the door

eder214

First Name
Eder
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mojito JLUR
Vehicle Showcase
My ROAM slider steps started rusting and I wanted to pull them off. I HAVE to have a step for my wife and daughters. I like the idea of some rocker protection but I am not ready to bore holes through the body yet. These looked interesting so I gave them a shot. They are body mount just like stock and my ROAMS. They fit pretty good out of the box but I still took them on and off about 3 times so I could "tweak" the rocker section to get an even gap close to the body. They come with a foam gasket on the back that I removed and re-did. They look like they are built well and are HEAVY. I hope the powder coat holds up better on these.

rrrails1.jpg
rrrails2.jpg
rrrails3.jpg
rrrails4.jpg
rrrails5.jpg
rrrails6.jpg
rrrails7.jpg

-Eli
This were my first choice before I got a good deal on the ROAM sliders. I prefer the look of the Rugged Ridge, but I like the width of the ROAM sliders. They are very easy to step on and be able to reach things from the top of the roof. From your pictures it looks like the Rugged Ridge might be more narrow then the Roams. Can you please measure the width of the steps.

OP
OP
TJEli

TJEli

First Name
Eli
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep, truck, car
This were my first choice before I got a good deal on the ROAM sliders. I prefer the look of the Rugged Ridge, but I like the width of the ROAM sliders. They are very easy to step on and be able to reach things from the top of the roof. From your pictures it looks like the Rugged Ridge might be more narrow then the Roams. Can you please measure the width of the steps.
They are narrower. Looks to be about an inch or so. I would go outside and measure them for you but its cold today and I am lazy.

-Eli

Renhilio

First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU Rubicon
Any feedback on these now that you've had them a while? Good protection from rocks and wheeling?

AZ Hella

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLUR
Vehicle Showcase
I ordered these a month ago from Northridge4x4. I hope they ship soon. I lifted my Jeep and my lady needs a step and she is running out of patience.
Sponsored