Rugged Ridge Tube doors

cmmurray77

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19 JLUR
I purchased theses a couple of weeks ago and I’m having some issues. I should say the driver’s door is perfect with no rattles. If all 4 were this way, I’d be in love with these doors. The other 3 however, not so much. The passenger front door rattles like crazy. I realize adjustments can be made, and I’ve done several. I also added a washer to the rubber stopper for more back pressure. It helped, but didn’t cure the problem. The two rear doors also rattle, but even worse, won’t latch all the way. One flew open while I was driving down the road.

Does anyone have any experience with these? Same issues? Any fixes or do I exchange them for another set and hope for the best or go with Mopar?

https://www.quadratec.com/p/rugged-ridge/front-rear-tube-doors-jeep-wrangler-jl-unlimited
Sponsored

melendez69

First Name
Marc
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 3.6 JLR / 2013 911 / 2013 E92 M3
Occupation
...huh?
Vehicle Showcase
I purchased theses a couple of weeks ago and I’m having some issues. I should say the driver’s door is perfect with no rattles. If all 4 were this way, I’d be in love with these doors. The other 3 however, not so much. The passenger front door rattles like crazy. I realize adjustments can be made, and I’ve done several. I also added a washer to the rubber stopper for more back pressure. It helped, but didn’t cure the problem. The two rear doors also rattle, but even worse, won’t latch all the way. One flew open while I was driving down the road.

Does anyone have any experience with these? Same issues? Any fixes or do I exchange them for another set and hope for the best or go with Mopar?

There are a handful of tube door manufacturers these days, so you have options. I have the Mopars (2 dr), but here's one of many threads about the RR's. Have you reached out to them?

https://www.jlwranglerforums.com/fo...-doors-installed-pic.28561/page-6#post-713425

greenerobnmu

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR

https://www.quadratec.com/p/rugged-ridge/front-rear-tube-doors-jeep-wrangler-jl-unlimited

I had the EXACT same issues. The driver rear door was actually 5/8" shorter then the passenger side. No amount of adjustment could correct it. I was in the same boat of you. I really wanted to like them but the bottom line is that their tolerances and quality control are absolute garbage. I was working with Rugged Ridge and I begged them to replace. They declined several times only offering excuses. Finally they sent me a label and credited Northridge 4x4 and they credited me. Northridge removed the reviews on their website where I added pictures however.

TheDon13

First Name
The Don
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler Rubicon JLU 2.0 Billet Silver
I had the EXACT same issues. The driver rear door was actually 5/8" shorter then the passenger side. No amount of adjustment could correct it. I was in the same boat of you. I really wanted to like them but the bottom line is that their tolerances and quality control are absolute garbage. I was working with Rugged Ridge and I begged them to replace. They declined several times only offering excuses. Finally they sent me a label and credited Northridge 4x4 and they credited me. Northridge removed the reviews on their website where I added pictures however.
I hope this helps everyone that has purchased these doors. I ordered mine from Quadratec and had a rattle in the drivers door. They promptly sent me a replacement pair and guess what?...still rattled. I knew the issue was with the rubber stopper at the bottom corner of the doors and asked there was one about 1/4 inch longer (which I think they should provide for a tighter fit). That was not possible so I went to Home Depot and bought some chair stoppers for about $3. They are the things you put on the bottom of chairs to prevent them from scuffing the floors. I trimmed them down a bit and gorilla glued them to over the rubber stopper and NO RATTLES. Be careful b/c if you don't trim them enough, you will have to pull on the door to open it...simply trim and try...trim some more and try until you have the perfect cut. Also, the screws were loose on the actual latch box...be sure and check them and tighten. Hope it helps!

Burnasty

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU
Has anyone had issues with the rugged ridge tube doors opening while driving? I installed these last night and on the drive in the door swung open on the freeway. upon closer inspection, it appears to have trouble latching. Has anyone experienced this and fixed it?

TaxPhan

First Name
Peter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Black Sahara
Occupation
VP of Tax
Has anyone had issues with the rugged ridge tube doors opening while driving? I installed these last night and on the drive in the door swung open on the freeway. upon closer inspection, it appears to have trouble latching. Has anyone experienced this and fixed it?
Yikes! Have not had that issue, thankfully. But now I'll be closely watching each time I close it.
Sponsored