Sponsored

Rugged Ridge Tube Doors For JL Wrangler Released!

Zazoh

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Rubicon Sting-Gray
Occupation
Software Engineer
HolyToledo, don’t forget to include mark up! Lol

No one has mentioned Body Armor except Brian (op). I had them on my JK and really liked them, especially the net webbing look. Anyone else have experience with these? I like opinions.

9CDA8ADE-DC1F-475A-A90D-EFB4CB1B2C02.jpeg
It bothers me that they don’t follow the door line.
Sponsored

RedJeep78

First Name
Will
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Wrangler JLU Sport 2018
I think I got a good deal at Northridge with this coupon code. Front pair with mirrors and back pair for $788 including taxes and shipped. What is everybody else finding as far as deals?

A73B88C6-53AD-4844-BA3A-28C14D340C4A.png
Dang that's a great deal. I was hoping to get those doors and get them custom powder coating gloss black with pebble texture to match my bumpers:)

Mid-life Wrangler

First Name
Chad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Rubicon JLU
It looks like a metal handle, I doubt it's made of aluminum. The doors are made of 2-inch OD steel tubing and they are heavier than they look. The shipping weight for the front doors is 71.2 lbs.
Did the fronts come in two separate boxes? I received a shipping notice today for two boxes at 68 lbs. I ordered front with mirrors and rear doors.

OP
OP
Brian_18JLUR

Brian_18JLUR

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler JK, Jeep Wrangler JL
Vehicle Showcase
Did the fronts come in two separate boxes? I received a shipping notice today for two boxes at 68 lbs. I ordered front with mirrors and rear doors.

they ship together. You are lucky enough to have front and rear shipping I'd guess :) My fronts were in a box together!

Sponsored

Mid-life Wrangler

First Name
Chad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Rubicon JLU
they ship together. You are lucky enough to have front and rear shipping I'd guess :) My fronts were in a box together!
Ok. It was the weight that threw me off. According to the shipping notice, the total weight for both boxes is 68 lbs. I had seen 71 lbs. for just the front doors in the post that I replied to. I thought that might be a bit heavy, but I guess we’ll see. Apparently there is a distribution center in Louisville (about an hour from me), so they are supposed to arrive tomorrow.

OP
OP
Brian_18JLUR

Brian_18JLUR

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
could be rears and mirrors than- my box weight was over 70 I remember and I had no mirrors on my order too.... ? who knows lol I can't wait to get all my parts together too

Jebiruph

First Name
Jerry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU, 2019 KL, 2020 JT
UPS is showing that the shipping weight for the rears is 51.4 lbs.

Last edited:

RedJeep78

First Name
Will
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Wrangler JLU Sport 2018
So I do love rugged ridge and their tub doors look pretty sweet. But does anyone know why they cost a bunch more than the other brands?
Do they use thicker metal or something?

Sponsored

Zazoh

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Software Engineer
Got my fronts today. Back were shipped today, so it will balance nicely.

These things are really solid and weigh about 35lbs each. Got it with the mirrors. They seem cheapish, I have a Rugged Ridge round mirror that attaches to the window hinge if these turn out crappy.

Really happy with them. Takes about 30 min per door to assemble hinges and adjust them so door latches properly. Once that is done, pop them on and use the door hinge bolts to attach. A min a piece. 4 min to take off the doors. After you've done it a few times.

I like the way they fit the door area, many of the cheaper ones go straight across the bottom and top leaving a 3 inch gap at the bottom. These follow the door contour.

Pioe9p3gQdiLn+pdlezqvw.jpg

W1aMHRisQ8iEAzvPY4ekCg.jpg

Zazoh

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Software Engineer
So I do love rugged ridge and their tub doors look pretty sweet. But does anyone know why they cost a bunch more than the other brands?
Do they use thicker metal or something?
Heaver steel, nice powder coat. They feel really solid and are designed well. And they will be at least a 1/3 cheaper than the Mopar which look very similar.

OP
OP
Brian_18JLUR

Brian_18JLUR

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Got my fronts today. Back were shipped today, so it will balance nicely.

These things are really solid and weigh about 35lbs each. Got it with the mirrors. They seem cheapish, I have a Rugged Ridge round mirror that attaches to the window hinge if these turn out crappy.

Really happy with them. Takes about 30 min per door to assemble hinges and adjust them so door latches properly. Once that is done, pop them on and use the door hinge bolts to attach. A min a piece. 4 min to take off the doors. After you've done it a few times.

I like the way they fit the door area, many of the cheaper ones go straight across the bottom and top leaving a 3 inch gap at the bottom. These follow the door contour.

Pioe9p3gQdiLn+pdlezqvw.jpg

W1aMHRisQ8iEAzvPY4ekCg.jpg

Looks Killer!! How do they shut? solid or do they vibrate when latching? Great write-up BTW :like:

RedJeep78

First Name
Will
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Wrangler JLU Sport 2018
They do look awesome. I wonder if I could get them custom powder coated to match my bumpers without messing them up?

OP
OP
Brian_18JLUR

Brian_18JLUR

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
They do look awesome. I wonder if I could get them custom powder coated to match my bumpers without messing them up?

Absolutely you could! I don't see why not!?! Post some pics when they get finished
Sponsored