Cthehentz

First Name
Kev
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep JLU
Vehicle Showcase
Well I tore into the tailgate after a few weeks of ignoring it, I didn't have any rattles or squeaks I just hate the way it hits the striker. I was able to get about a 1/16" adjustment if that but it did make a little difference. I think in the future I may end up buying a bumper with a built in tire carrier if I see any sagging on the left side.
Sponsored

OP
OP
Mikeyut3

Mikeyut3

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR
Well I tore into the tailgate after a few weeks of ignoring it, I didn't have any rattles or squeaks I just hate the way it hits the striker. I was able to get about a 1/16" adjustment if that but it did make a little difference. I think in the future I may end up buying a bumper with a built in tire carrier if I see any sagging on the left side.
Only stinky thing about that is you would have 2 things to open - bumper swing and tailgate and risk of swing on bumper rattling... There is no perfect solution - who knows!

Cthehentz

First Name
Kev
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep JLU
Vehicle Showcase
I took the jeep out on a shakedown trial this past weekend and I absolutely hate this tire carrier and something isn't right. The only noise I heard was the tailgate rattling on the striker for about 6hrs as I worked my way through wheeler pass and that noise is forever etched into my memory. Enough ranting, now onto solutions...
Sponsored