Rugged Ridge MaxTerrain vs Bushwacker Hyperform

Arterius2

First Name
Jerry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Sahara 2.0L
Nice jeep! The aal kit is great if you're starting with the rubicon high flares, but for those of us with a sport or sahara having to buy and then chop rubi flares doesnt make as much sense.
AAL also has a Sahara version.
Sponsored

SALEM_JL

First Name
Erik
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler JL Sport
Ordered the bushwacker fenders & halo headlights for my 2dr sport on monday. Super excited to see how it looks after install.

I only found like 5 pics of JLs with the bushwackers on so i’ll share some pics with y’all once i’m done.

Sevans

First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Sahara JL
Vehicle Showcase
Nice jeep! The aal kit is great if you're starting with the rubicon high flares, but for those of us with a sport or sahara having to buy and then chop rubi flares doesnt make as much sense.
They make separate bracket for Sahara now :)

SALEM_JL

First Name
Erik
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler JL Sport
Welp, after 8 hours of labor and an infinite amount of profanities I finally got the hyperform fenders installed.

I really didn’t think it would be such a PITA but the instructions were god awful and I didn’t take everyone’s advice to buy the panel removal tool… Big mistake

After removing two of the fenders I hopped in my other car and drove to auto zone and bought the tool which made the other side much easier.

I went with cutting the OE fenders which was easy to do but once I put them on the front with the new fender I instantly ordered paramounts plastic chopped inners because they looked horrible.

The rear liners actually do not look that bad and i’m going to keep them on for now.

Getting the fenders on is easy but the DRL bracket is a nightmare. Way too many little screws and washers in a very tight space.

With all of that being said… I’m really happy with the final product and it was well worth the frustration & money.

If anyone has questions or plans to install feel free to hit me up!

2018 Sport 3.6 M/T running 35x12.5s - No Lift
Jeep Wrangler JL Rugged Ridge MaxTerrain vs Bushwacker Hyperform 84788174-101C-476C-B5B6-852647192846
Jeep Wrangler JL Rugged Ridge MaxTerrain vs Bushwacker Hyperform 515BFFBD-DF75-4439-9CA1-D4012EBCD63E
Jeep Wrangler JL Rugged Ridge MaxTerrain vs Bushwacker Hyperform 37F70EFD-79A9-4BCC-B398-C14A12BD7464
Jeep Wrangler JL Rugged Ridge MaxTerrain vs Bushwacker Hyperform 47F62E18-F761-45A3-9F60-1664968E3369

Sponsored

SH556JL

First Name
Steven
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 JLR M6 RIP, 23 JLR M6
The Bushwhackers wider width and higher clearance is a win/win over my JLR fenders. I'm just waiting to see how the plastic and lights hold up. I don't want issues or dealings with warranties.
It's good to hold back on new products. I wanted the new flush tailights and rock slider retractable steps. Reports on this forum indicate neither of those items are fully developed and are problematic.
BTW, I like the idea that Bushwhacker reuses some of the factory liner for several reasons. Trimming off the under fender portion gives tire clearance. And because tires fling gravel. Retaining the side portion covering the engine openning is much quieter/cheaper and never needs paint touch ups vs painted aluminum aftermarket fillers.
You have any pics of the on your Jeep? How wide is the bottom near the rear bumper? I love how the bottom of the factory flares match up to my Road Armor bumper. Wondering if the Bushmasters would be the same. I would be interested if they offer a little more coverage towards the top to cover my incoming wider tires (315/70 17) and gain a little more clearance.

B78A3F1D-5394-4A4A-94C0-F79DE265D3D0.jpeg

Reactions: KNN

Blanco Willys

First Name
Cliff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Willys
You have any pics of the on your Jeep? How wide is the bottom near the rear bumper? I love how the bottom of the factory flares match up to my Road Armor bumper. Wondering if the Bushmasters would be the same. I would be interested if they offer a little more coverage towards the top to cover my incoming wider tires (315/70 17) and gain a little more clearance.

Jeep Wrangler JL Rugged Ridge MaxTerrain vs Bushwacker Hyperform B78A3F1D-5394-4A4A-94C0-F79DE265D3D0
I put 1.75” wheel spacers on my 255/75/17 wheels and this is what I get. A before posted as well.

6AE6F10E-F39C-4516-A543-D50BEB36B293.jpeg

7CA1ED2D-EA0F-42B7-BB28-D6D83CC0FF9B.jpeg

Blanco Willys

First Name
Cliff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Willys
Also for reference the stock rear start at finger tips and come to my knuckles. Bushwacker is almost a whole hand.

83E586ED-E2AF-4D00-B0E2-3B762AF7C48C.jpeg

SH556JL

First Name
Steven
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 JLR M6 RIP, 23 JLR M6
Sorry, I do not have them yet. I like to hang back and see how a new product shakes out. They seem to be wider which I like. Hate mud and road slush getting flung on the hood and especially the windshield. You have a nice looking rig BTW, borderline too clean for a 'JEEP" haha. I love the red, so tired of cheap black interior look. Crazy how vehicles use to have color options that didn't cost extra.
Ahh okay, when I was quickly reading that, I thought you already had them installed. I also want to retain as much coverage as possible. Mostly so when I jump in and out of the vehicle, I can keep the the gunk off myself; one reason I am looking at the ARB Rock sliders (plus the increased protection would be nice).

I actually do off road it, but always get it detailed before traveling out on a work rotation and store it for a few weeks.

Jeep Wrangler JL Rugged Ridge MaxTerrain vs Bushwacker Hyperform 6000EE2C-C3C2-4F8D-94DA-762F0751EDB9

Usually how it looks when home, but even then my off-roading isn’t nearly as hard core as some and mostly just scenic touring.

Purple Turtle

First Name
Sabrina
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1998 Purple TJ, 2021 HellaYella JLUR
I have the exact same ones and the same inner fenders as well. The inner fender liners were a pain in the AXX to install, I wouldn't recommend but like them now they are in. I love my fenders, help keep my doors cleaner as well BUT the gap annoys me.... any tips, (talking the gap around the lights themselves.

Sponsored

Purple Turtle

First Name
Sabrina
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Not much info out there on these yet.
Do they add any extra tire clearance over stock Rubicon flares? I'm gonna guess not, since it seems you reuse the stock inner fender.
Yes I def have more clearance over my stock rubicon fenders... I will try to get some pictures up soon as well. 2021 Hellayella Rubicon Unlimited

Purple Turtle

First Name
Sabrina
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ahh okay, when I was quickly reading that, I thought you already had them installed. I also want to retain as much coverage as possible. Mostly so when I jump in and out of the vehicle, I can keep the the gunk off myself; one reason I am looking at the ARB Rock sliders (plus the increased protection would be nice).

I actually do off road it, but always get it detailed before traveling out on a work rotation and store it for a few weeks.

6000EE2C-C3C2-4F8D-94DA-762F0751EDB9.jpeg

Usually how it looks when home, but even then my off-roading isn’t nearly as hard core as some and mostly just scenic touring.
These fenders really do cover more of the tire. My JK and TJ always get the doors soooo dirty. Now the doors don't stay "clean" BUT there is way less pushed all the way up on the doors then before. Very noticeable difference. I know its helping because the step / rail that is closest to the front tires are getting dirty but the doors are not. So this helps me see how dirty the doors would have been without these fenders.

20220226_171704.jpg

20220305_170201.jpg

OP
OP

thance

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2010 Commander, 2002 Liberty, Looking for JLURD
@Purple Turtle - Looks great! What size tires and lift are you running? any side shots?

Purple Turtle

First Name
Sabrina
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I can get a side shot this weekend or maybe even tomorrow I am just putting everything on and will finish this weekend, although the tires and lift have been on for several months. :) I will post. The tires are 35" Nitto Ridge Grapplers I think, I have to double check as they could be trail grapplers, having a I forgot moment. With 17" rims from Dirty Life. The lift is a 2" Dynatrac Lift ( I LOVE IT! RUNS BETTER THAN STOCK) - link below

There is a great video from Trail Recon on doing 5 or 6 side by side lift comparisons. I have the links below. Some of the lifts were rock crawling lifts so obviously they scored worse on road and better for rocks but all and all the Dynatrac scored in my opinion the best in everything I want. I have a TJ for the bigger rocks so my main concern was on road, being able to sport a 35" (which with a Rubicon you can sport a 37" tire with the Dynatrac lift), staying as low as possible and great handling off road on fairly easy to moderate trails..... like I said leave the harder stuff for the TJ.

Don't want to spoil the videos but this lift should have been their top pick. I think if memory serves me right it got 1st or 2nd place in 4 or 5 of the 6 categories. The only one it really didn't score high on is the bigger rocks but a 3-4" lift meant for rocks is going to score better.... duh... They picked this as their 2nd over all which I feel didn't do it justice from how it did on the actual tests. I think they picked the Teraflex over all which cost more and only really scored one top score. Super easy install as well! Hope this helps.... I will try and remember to send some more pictures!

https://www.quadratec.com/p/dynatra...FuWKcMGiSHPI1cnD3b9NaPCqLuuxyz0RoCz00QAvD_BwE

Part 1 of lift comparison:
https://youtu.be/7ybCbkNH6PE
Part 2:

Blanco Willys

First Name
Cliff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Willys
I have the exact same ones and the same inner fenders as well. The inner fender liners were a pain in the AXX to install, I wouldn't recommend but like them now they are in. I love my fenders, help keep my doors cleaner as well BUT the gap annoys me.... any tips, (talking the gap around the lights themselves.
Loosen light and have second set of hands help apply pressure to fender while tightening the lights back.
Sponsored