Rubi D

Rubi D

First Name
Brett
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL Wrangler Rubicon Diesel, Hella Yella
Looks like there is another Snorkel option for the JL. This Snorkel from Bravo is not unlike the Rugged Ridge unit, meaning no holes in the bonnet, but appears to address the issue with non-round clamping points. Available for RHD to suit 3.6 petrol and 2.2 diesel. A Donaldson Cyclone filter can be fitted for dusty environments.

$795 from Double Black.
https://doubleblackoffroad.com/collections/jl-wrangler/products/bravo-snorkel-jl-jt-2018

https://bravosnorkel.com/en/wrangle...MIqOvGs7Wg8AIVDRwrCh00YgBPEAAYASAAEgLnv_D_BwE

Jeep Wrangler JL Rugged Ridge Low/High mount Snorkel system for RHD JL 1619595617111
Sponsored

COKENOGOOD

First Name
Hugh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLUR-Black
Looks like there is another Snorkel option for the JL. This Snorkel from Bravo is not unlike the Rugged Ridge unit, meaning no holes in the bonnet, but appears to address the issue with non-round clamping points. Available for RHD to suit 3.6 petrol and 2.2 diesel. A Donaldson Cyclone filter can be fitted for dusty environments.

$795 from Double Black.
https://doubleblackoffroad.com/collections/jl-wrangler/products/bravo-snorkel-jl-jt-2018

https://bravosnorkel.com/en/wrangle...MIqOvGs7Wg8AIVDRwrCh00YgBPEAAYASAAEgLnv_D_BwE

Jeep Wrangler JL Rugged Ridge Low/High mount Snorkel system for RHD JL 1619595617111
RR don’t have hole in bonnet as well?
Personally, I think RR looks better. Bravo need to use short rubber antenna.
My friend installed on his JL.
Jeep Wrangler JL Rugged Ridge Low/High mount Snorkel system for RHD JL FC429D9D-5053-4B9D-9DE6-37EF2F64527E

Steve F

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLUR, JKU
My Rugged Ridge low mount, i will run this 99% of the time and have colour coded it, the high mount is not needed for most trips. Took a bit of mucking about to get the A pillar piece fitted on the RHD with the heat gun but the rest is just getting it sealed up properly etc.

Jeep Wrangler JL Rugged Ridge Low/High mount Snorkel system for RHD JL 20210427_172409

Rufus

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 2 door JL Sport 3.6 V6
Here’s mine for those interested in Punk’n. I color-matched as well using Touchup Direct. I didn’t have any fitment issues with the cowl piece.

A385FE28-F687-4126-A268-35BB9180F739.jpeg

guywiththehair

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL Wrangler Rubicon
It looks really clean when colour matched, here's mine.

I have not noticed any of the issues with the non-round clamping points in the engine bay. But definitely do notice the potential gaps in the external gaskets when there's major shakes from harsh revs / bumpy roads (e.g. the lower black area in photo).

Jeep Wrangler JL Rugged Ridge Low/High mount Snorkel system for RHD JL 20201230_161305~2

Sponsored

jbzonda

First Name
Steven
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Wrangler Night Eagle
Hi All, a few questions to those who have installed.

Was there any issue installing over the brake master cylinder? any modifications or brackets needed to avoid contact?

Anyone attempted to get new gaskets made/3D printed to replace stock that may be thicker or better suited to fill gaps?

Rufus

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)

Was there any issue installing over the brake master cylinder? any modifications or brackets needed to avoid contact?

Anyone attempted to get new gaskets made/3D printed to replace stock that may be thicker or better suited to fill gaps?
I had no issues with fitment.

Steve F

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLUR, JKU

It's tight to the top of the brake reservoir, may need a bit of fiddling to get the cap off but all fits OK.

mgreaves

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLUR
It seems a few of you have colour coded it, can I ask where you got the paint and how you applied it...yourself or at a shop.

I've seen a couple websites with the correct paint but it doesn't look like they'll ship aerosol to Australia just a tin of paint.

An alternative to colour coding is potentially getting a black stick on cowl for the passenger side...pretty sure it won't look as good but at least both sides are then black.

Rufus

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
It seems a few of you have colour coded it, can I ask where you got the paint and how you applied it...yourself or at a shop.

I've seen a couple websites with the correct paint but it doesn't look like they'll ship aerosol to Australia just a tin of paint.

An alternative to colour coding is potentially getting a black stick on cowl for the passenger side...pretty sure it won't look as good but at least both sides are then black.
https://touchupdirect.com/

Made a ghetto paint booth and did it myself

Sponsored

Rufus

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Yeah I had seen them, but their FAQ/Shipping page said they do not ship the aerosol or tins to Australia, just the touch up pen/brush.

International-Orders

I'd assumed that wasn't enough paint for the snorkel?
I got the little kit that includes one can of paint, primer, clear coat, sandpaper, etc. That was enough for me to the low mount snorkel and 4 d-rings.

Can you try a dealership there?

Steve F

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLUR, JKU
Search the paint code on ebay, that's where I got mine, forgot the name of the place but it was a perfect match, got a spray can and a clear coat and used a plastic primer, just did it in the garage, no problems.

AusJeepNoob

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JL Wrangler Unlimited - Rubicon EcoDiesel

Depending on where you are in Sydney you can get Autolac to make up a can of spray in the correct colour. It's matt so you also need a can of clear coat. Total was about $65 for the 2 cans. They're at Wetherill Park, Artarmon and Brookvale.
Sponsored