Rugged Ridge Low/High mount Snorkel system for RHD JL

Alamein.sajib

First Name
Al
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Firecracker RED JLUR
What do you need to do/get to get the rings working?

I didn't, the OEM halo ring does not exist for the export JL (the LED and the circuit's are completely missing). after my lengthy research i came up with few options:

- Import a USA LED headlamp - too expensive plus got to run cable to BCM, auto levelling retrofit challenge, etc..
- Oracle lighting RGB halo upgrade, this comes with the "Missing LED PCB" that we can retrofit into export headlight, however i got to put the headlight in the oven to dismantle it...chickened out on that thought.
https://www.oraclelights.com/produc...drl-upgrade?rq=mk_jeep~md_wrangler-jl~yr_2019

I ended up going with Oracle lighting surface mount LED halo, easy few hour installation, used Quadratec DRL harness to connect the Halo's to the Fender DRL, its all automated now, both headlight and fog light halo. Half the overall cost of importing OEM Led headlights.

https://www.quadratec.com/p/quadratec/daytime-running-lamp-adapter-wiring-harness-jeep-wrangler-jl

https://www.oraclelights.com/produc...nt-halo-kit?rq=mk_jeep~md_wrangler-jl~yr_2019

I personally like the "Bold" and bright presence of the Oracle Halo vs the stock, so far happy.
Sponsored

Last edited:

Alamein.sajib

First Name
Al
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Looks awesome mate. imo black and red goes really well so better to leave it black.Halos and carbon fibre decals looks great.Where did you get the Halos from?
That's my though too, i might just end up painting the cawl section of the low mount, leave rest of it black.

I bought the halo rings from quadratec, its surface mount and easy install.

StuckinNC

First Name
Stephen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ram 1500, Jeep Wrangler Unlimited JL
It's been on for a while. Just haven't bothered with a picture.
The fit of mine was actually pretty good. I had a friend hold it in place while i tightened the 4 screws.

20200420_084338.jpg

Japan JLUR

First Name
Clint
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Rubicon
Alamein.sajib
How does the high mount snorkel affect your view from the drivers seat? Is ithe snorkel all behind the a-pillar or does it partially block your view?

Sponsored

Alamein.sajib

First Name
Al
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Alamein.sajib
How does the high mount snorkel affect your view from the drivers seat? Is ithe snorkel all behind the a-pillar or does it partially block your view?
see photo below from the driver seat. I hardly notice it...the grab handle kinda blends in with the snorkel. Definitely not a blind spot (more so than wranglers A pillar and the grab handle).

879AFE88-0B5F-4E53-8EC9-68F36AFC0F7F.jpeg

Japan JLUR

First Name
Clint
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Rubicon
Thanks for the pic.. I was worried about that. I live near Tokyo and the streets are small and crowded, any additional blindspot is a no-go, but I think I could live with this.

Marcus

First Name
Marcus
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
TJ, JL Rubicon.
Thanks for those photos gents. I’m waiting on mine now. Think I will leave it as the low mount for daily driving.

Joey

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 grand cherokee
I finally ordered one today after much searching prices ranged from $1600 down to $1150 delivered to country victoria. Cheapest was summit racing for those interested.

Sponsored

Jayphil

First Name
Antonio
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL Rubicon
Occupation
RN
I finally ordered one today after much searching prices ranged from $1600 down to $1150 delivered to country victoria. Cheapest was summit racing for those interested.
Interested for sure. Are they a VIC based company?

Joey

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 grand cherokee
So today I finally fitted the snorkel all went pretty smooth right up till trying to fit the cowling into the fender ... what a cluster F that was just didn't fit no matter how much I twisted, pushed, pulled, swore. The molding on the air inlet was fowling on the bottom of the A pillar. To over come this I grab a butane torch (see pic) and gently heated the housing and then using a square peice of steel gentle set about remolding it, took me about 4 goes each time doing slightly more till it fitted nicely.
Hope this help others this also closed up the gap other have spoken about.

Cowling 3.jpg

Cowling 2.jpg

Cowling 1.jpg

Rufus

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 2 door JL Sport 3.6 V6
So today I finally fitted the snorkel all went pretty smooth right up till trying to fit the cowling into the fender ... what a cluster F that was just didn't fit no matter how much I twisted, pushed, pulled, swore. The molding on the air inlet was fowling on the bottom of the A pillar. To over come this I grab a butane torch (see pic) and gently heated the housing and then using a square peice of steel gentle set about remolding it, took me about 4 goes each time doing slightly more till it fitted nicely.

Jeep Wrangler JL Rugged Ridge Low/High mount Snorkel system for RHD JL Cowling 1

Jeep Wrangler JL Rugged Ridge Low/High mount Snorkel system for RHD JL Cowling 1

I’ve had mine sitting in the box for a few weeks, going to install it this weekend. Hopefully it just works, but if not thanks for the tip.

Marcus

First Name
Marcus
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
TJ, JL Rubicon.

Cowling 3.jpg

Cowling 2.jpg

Cowling 1.jpg
Good heads up thanks mate. Finally got around to putting mine on. Had the same issue. 30 seconds with the heat gun fixed it up. Cheers.
Jeep Wrangler JL Rugged Ridge Low/High mount Snorkel system for RHD JL IMG_6744
Jeep Wrangler JL Rugged Ridge Low/High mount Snorkel system for RHD JL IMG_6745
Sponsored