Roger
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR Ocean Blue
Occupation
Solution Architect
check out their instagram...snorkel projected summer 2019
Where's the dislike button... Cool product, please come before the summer wheeling season!
Sponsored

Fire Burns

First Name
Fire
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR 3.6; 2006 Chrysler 300c SRT-8
Don’t hold your breath on the fenders. That was just a concept to gauge reaction. With required injection mold tooling, I bet summer 2019 or later. Right now, the engineer is still modeling the parts!
Well I guess consider the "reaction" as positive, lol. Seems like the most popular fender option people talk about and it doesn't even yet exist!

Fire Burns

First Name
Fire
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Early bird might get the worm here, unless one is significantly less expensive than the other.

DeVoTee

First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
12 JKU Rubicon, 17 JKU Sport on Roids, 18 JLU Rubicon, 19 JL Rubicon ordered, RAM, Range Rover
I'm looking for QUALITY over anything else.

Sponsored

VolCntry73

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 2-Door Rubicon JL, 2018 Accord, 2008 Accord, 2007 CRV, 2000 Dodge Dakota
While I like the American Adventure Labs' product, I would still give the nod to Rugged Ridge if the product they release is like the one at SEMA. It appears they keep a portion (or perhaps replace with a lower profile) of the plastic trim on the fender. The AAL product looks to delete it all together. So in my opinion, the Rugged Ridge looks more clean and refined.

Fire Burns

First Name
Fire
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Yes, we'll see. It appears that both products are pre-production and incomplete. Either way, the idea and form is very attractive. We'll see who comes out on top quality/design wise, and can offer at a fair price.

Rubi-Zero

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL Rubicon , Audi S5
Vehicle Showcase
I really like the RR fenders but If AAL can produce a quality product that doesn’t look like a hack job I’m all for it. Although I wonder if this is only going to be for the front. It doesn’t look like they did anything with the rear.

AZDustMuncher

First Name
L.C.
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 4dr Rubicon, 2005 Turbo Silverado, 2004 Grand Cherokee Overland
I'm hoping that the rugged ridge chop kit comes with inner fenders that give full coverage to the outer edges of the fenders while offering greater tire clearance than stock. Something that will be easy to power wash mud out of if you hit a mud hole. I have a feeling the AAL one is just going to be a bracket similar to the Artec chop kit.

Sponsored

NovaJeep

First Name
Logan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL Sport S
For those waiting for the bumper, it looks like Rugged Ridge is targeting a late spring/ early summer release date. They won't comment on pricing, as they leave it up to the retailers to set price points.

Cypher

First Name
J
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR Eco-Diesel now. 18, 19, 20 JLUR 3.6 old.
Occupation
Cybersecurity Leader
Vehicle Showcase
For those waiting for the bumper, it looks like Rugged Ridge is targeting a late spring/ early summer release date. They won't comment on pricing, as they leave it up to the retailers to set price points.
That front bumper is by far my favorite out right now. There are a few clos, but that has everything I want.

Peanut Butter

First Name
Pat
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL?
That front bumper is by far my favorite out right now. There are a few clos, but that has everything I want.
Mine too. But, I wouldn't hold your breath. I contacted them last week about the fenders and bumper.

This was their response:

The fender trim/marker light setup will be available sometime around June. It will not be exactly the same but it will be close. Our Jeep had extensive trimming done to the flares to accomodate the 39" tires on only a 4" lift.

The front bumpers is a prototype that we may produce at some point but it will likely not be until later this year if we do release it.

JC7

First Name
Jdog
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Rubicon
Mine too. But, I wouldn't hold your breath. I contacted them last week about the fenders and bumper.

This was their response:

The fender trim/marker light setup will be available sometime around June. It will not be exactly the same but it will be close. Our Jeep had extensive trimming done to the flares to accomodate the 39" tires on only a 4" lift.

The front bumpers is a prototype that we may produce at some point but it will likely not be until later this year if we do release it.
Amazing news on the fenders. The whole forum will have them.

jlsahara

First Name
Oscar
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU

This was their response:

Looks like maybe I should hold out on fenders... ugh. 5 more months...
Sponsored