Rugged Ridge JL Tube Doors Installed! *PIC*

Jammer

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bright white JL Rubicon
They're powder coated really really good you'd have to sandblasties before you can paint them. Even sanding them would be pretty hard it's got a good powder coat on it. What color are you wanting to paint them

Screenshot_20201001-011946_Photos.jpg
Sponsored

cmcclintock

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Rubicon JL
They're powder coated really really good you'd have to sandblasties before you can paint them. Even sanding them would be pretty hard it's got a good powder coat on it. What color are you wanting to paint them

Jeep Wrangler JL Rugged Ridge JL Tube Doors Installed! *PIC* Screenshot_20201001-011946_Photos
I have the Quadratec Tube Doors. Ordered them in March and just got them. They also have a good powder coat. I want to paint them Billet Silver to match. Just might run them black for a while.

78309DBB-948D-43BF-BD5A-E6AED4935F35.jpeg

3F099E35-F56B-415D-9EC6-879A375F77C2.jpeg

Jammer

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bright white JL Rubicon
Those look very nice also. Wow order them in March I guess with the virus it put everything on back order. My opinion and I know you didn't ask for it but I think the black would look better kind of give it that two-tone color. silver might be too much I saw somebody that painted there's white on a white Jeep and didn't look very good. And I've got a picture of somebody that has a white Jeep like mine that did there's red and I thought hey red would give it to accents from the seats but I ended up keep in mind black I think black you can't go wrong but either way it'll look good for you. Did you know you can get rid of that Amber lens up front for the turn signal and make it clear I know you can smoke them with 10 but you can get it clear lens to match it and it looks real great to get rid of that yellow lens and it still has a yellow bulb though
Jeep Wrangler JL Rugged Ridge JL Tube Doors Installed! *PIC* Screenshot_20210515-165237_Gallery

cmcclintock

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Rubicon JL
Thanks for the tip on the white lenses.
Got the doors on. I like them/the looks. Silver to match might be nice some day.

Jeep Wrangler JL Rugged Ridge JL Tube Doors Installed! *PIC* C6A80415-14CC-40FB-910D-8F2530A69824

Last edited:

cmcclintock

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Rubicon JL
Anyone with painted to match Jeep …half tube doors out there.

Sponsored

Foxtrot1

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLU Rubicon
Anyone with painted to match Jeep …half tube doors out there.
I used 12 cans (3/dr) of mopar matching paint and 4 cans of clear coat (1/dr) total cost of ~$220 in paint. The cans are tiny at 5 oz and I wish I had used 4 cans of paint per door (additional $60).
Lessons learned:
-Hand sanding them is a nightmare and will not remove the powder coat easily
-I should have had them sand blasted
-The mopar clear coat will automatically make metallic colors darker due to the type of clear coat
-given the time and $, I will have the next set professional stripped and painted for my new Jeep in granite

Jeep Wrangler JL Rugged Ridge JL Tube Doors Installed! *PIC* 576CC493-163C-49B9-BA39-20C205217CF6

Last edited:

JWAustinVTX

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Sahara Unlimited
I used 12 cans (3/dr) of mopar matching paint and 4 cans of clear coat (1/dr) total cost of ~$220 in paint. The cans are tiny at 5 oz and I wish I had used 4 cans of paint per door (additional $60).
Lessons learned:
-The mopar clear coat will automatically make metallic colors darker due to the type of clear coat
-given the time and $, I will have the next set professional stripped and painted for my new Jeep in granite

Jeep Wrangler JL Rugged Ridge JL Tube Doors Installed! *PIC* 576CC493-163C-49B9-BA39-20C205217CF6

I see you have the Deezee's. Can you share details on your mirror setup?

Foxtrot1

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLU Rubicon
I see you have the Deezee's. Can you share details on your mirror setup?
I bought some TJ replacement mirrors for ~$50 (link below) and dry fit them where I wanted them then drilled holes in the doors. Pretty easy and maybe took 30 minutes with my son moving the passenger mirror as directed while I sat in the driver seat. Hardware at Home Depot was about $7 so total cost of mirror install was less than $60.
https://www.carparts.com/mirror/kool-vue/set-jp28r

cmcclintock

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Rubicon JL
Lessons learned:

Thanks for the info. Looks great. Can you send me a close up.

Maco quoted me $1,500 for all 4 to strip down and paint.