Rugged Ridge JL Tube Doors Installed! *PIC*

Jammer

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bright white JL Rubicon
Could you adjust the hinges at all to push the door forward?
So you're saying when you shut the door the first time it did that because I would have not shut the doors again if it did it and was hitting like that. You can find rugged ridge tube doors with the mirrors on sale lots of times at Northridge 4 by 4 take strength so here's to the strong performance and comfortable long lasting protection because your strength is supported by hours depend the only thing but I didn't know where to start a
Sponsored

DanW

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 JLUR, 18JLUR, 08JKUR, 15 Renegade, 04 WJ
Vehicle Showcase
Could you adjust the hinges at all to push the door forward?
I'm going to try it but I doubt it. The door latches don't appear to have any room for it to move forward. I'll let you know if I'm wrong on that and it works. Thank you for the suggestion!

DanW

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
So you're saying when you shut the door the first time it did that because I would have not shut the doors again if it did it and was hitting like that. You can find rugged ridge tube doors with the mirrors on sale lots of times at Northridge 4 by 4 take strength so here's to the strong performance and comfortable long lasting protection because your strength is supported by hours depend the only thing but I didn't know where to start a
I didn't know it was doing it until the doors had been shut many, many times. Also, I'm already out a bunch of money for these doors, so spending another $800 or so is out of the question. And I wouldn't be able to recoup anything because I'm not selling doors that do this to someone else.

My best course of action at this point is to get advice from Northridge and/or Warn and if they cannot be adjusted, then see if they can swap them out for doors that have a fix designed into them. They are both outstanding companies, so I think working with them is the best route. I love the doors, so a fix is also desirable at this point. I mainly posted to warn (no pun intended) people to hold off on these doors until we get this resolved. If we resolve it, then I'll let everyone know and I'll talk more about what I really like about these doors, including the fact they lock, which prevents theft.

DanW

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Did not know warn made doors. I would just stick with them on winch's. I really like my rugged ridge doors with the mirrors on them they look factory with the mirrors that you can order with the doors
Warn makes LOTS of Jeep and off-road accessories and usually they are very, very good. Remember, I ordered these well before they were in production, so sometimes the early bird gets worms, so to speak.

Jammer

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bright white JL Rubicon
Warn makes LOTS of Jeep and off-road accessories and usually they are very, very good. Remember, I ordered these well before they were in production, so sometimes the early bird gets worms, so to speak.
See if north ridge will trade them out for the rugged ridge doors

Sponsored

JWAustinVTX

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Sahara Unlimited
I'm going to try it but I doubt it. The door latches don't appear to have any room for it to move forward. I'll let you know if I'm wrong on that and it works. Thank you for the suggestion!
I would imagine you can adjust in the front where the hinges are.

cmcclintock

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Rubicon JL
Anybody use the Mopar spray paint to paint your tube doors. If so can you show some pics

flharleycop

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JL Rubicon, 2018 Ford Raptor, past 79 CJ5, 86 CJ7, 11 JKU
Occupation
Retired
Those are nice who makes them? Does the shade shield come with them?

I want these so bad!!

This was their setup at Jeep Beach this year!

I like how they painted to match the color and the shade insert!!

I’m def getting them! Waiting for some type of sale.

E519E6F0-1607-4BC5-AE79-5DB5B39C9F67.jpeg
996DAE3A-C8D0-407C-BE1A-556F7D613621.jpeg
AB837C5B-E69B-44FD-8C94-03DF456DA12E.jpeg
0770D2DD-7FB4-437C-89F1-3B976A4C487F.jpeg

Jammer

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bright white JL Rubicon
Jeep Wrangler JL Rugged Ridge JL Tube Doors Installed! *PIC* Screenshot_20190606-162856_Gallery

Jeep Wrangler JL Rugged Ridge JL Tube Doors Installed! *PIC* 20190605_191554

I have had my Rugged Ridge doors on now almost 3 yrs and really like them. A few people said they couldn't stop them from rattling but it just takes patience like anything you just have to adjust them. Mine don't rattle at all and I love the look and always get a least 1 or 2 complements on them everyday. I like the way the mirrors on them look just like the factory mirrors do. They are very heavy duty tubes also. No nothing is going to stop you from getting hurt in a wreck but I have my wife and the kids and my dog and it makes them feel safer then nothing at all. And that's what matters !

Sponsored

TrailTorque

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLU
Vehicle Showcase
Screenshot_20190606-162856_Gallery.jpg

20190605_191554.jpg

I have had my Rugged Ridge doors on now almost 3 yrs and really like them. A few people said they couldn't stop them from rattling but it just takes patience like anything you just have to adjust them. Mine don't rattle at all and I love the look and always get a least 1 or 2 complements on them everyday. I like the way the mirrors on them look just like the factory mirrors do. They are very heavy duty tubes also. No nothing is going to stop you from getting hurt in a wreck but I have my wife and the kids and my dog and it makes them feel safer then nothing at all. And that's what matters !
They now make a kit that will fix rattling so anyone complaining about rattling please tell them. The original rubber grommets were too small for some peoples rigs (no Jeep was built exactly the same i guess in that area. They will send out the kit free of charge.

I too have these since 2019 and they have been awesome. I get tons of compliments

drshaws

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU Willys 6MT, 2015 Ody
Anyone in the Rugged Ridge tube door thread have issues with the door handle/latch release not releasing?
Specifically - just got a set of the rear doors (keep the kids mildly safer back there). Drive side installed no problem. Pull the handle, door opens right up.
Passenger side - seems that no matter how much I adjust it, pulling the handle won't release the catch unless I push in on the door first. Doing that from the inside is no fun, especially when it's a kid trying to get out. And I don't need to be a chauffeur opening the door every time.
Tomorrow I may try a total uninstall/reinstall to see if I'm just nuts, but wanted to see if anyone else encountered that.
Of course, Kid2 that was helping with the install said, "Who cares, that's Kid1's side of the Jeep". :LOL:

Jammer

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bright white JL Rubicon
Anyone in the Rugged Ridge tube door thread have issues with the door handle/latch release not releasing?
Specifically - just got a set of the rear doors (keep the kids mildly safer back there). Drive side installed no problem. Pull the handle, door opens right up.
Passenger side - seems that no matter how much I adjust it, pulling the handle won't release the catch unless I push in on the door first. Doing that from the inside is no fun, especially when it's a kid trying to get out. And I don't need to be a chauffeur opening the door every time.
Tomorrow I may try a total uninstall/reinstall to see if I'm just nuts, but wanted to see if anyone else encountered that.
Of course, Kid2 that was helping with the install said, "Who cares, that's Kid1's side of the Jeep". :LOL:
I've had mine for 2 years now and I love them. Never had any problems I know they're going to say try to adjust it spray some lubricant in there not dw40 some lubricant and if that doesn't work call them or who you bought from they will stand behind them 100%. .They will send you new doors if you have to I had some problems in the beginning with the door stops and they sent me the news door stops and it didn't fix it they sent me brand new rear doors. yes they will stand by their product I don't care what other people say about these doors or rugged ridge they make good products and those are good doors. some people had bad luck and didn't like them and then trash the company but there's always that one person. I run the front and rear and love them I get compliments every summer when I run them. you will like them keep working on the adjustment like I said put some lubricant if that doesn't work PM me and I'll tell you the name and everything how to get a warranty if you have a problem. who did you buy them through ? I bought mine through rockridge and they even help me with rugged ridge but I called rugged ridge direct if you need their phone number pm

Screenshot_20200909-030254_Gallery.jpg

cmcclintock

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Rubicon JL
Tube doors getting delivered. Anybody use the Mopar spray paint to paint your tube doors. If so can you show some pics. Or cost paid to paint 4 tube doors. Thanks
Sponsored