Rugged Ridge JL/JT Snorkel Gasket Gap Issue

jwilson2899

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Rubicon Launch Edition, 2004 Wrangler Unlimited
I didn’t have that issue... what I had was this inlet collapse... I didn’t even tighten the clamp... I used a heat gum to reset it, and it worked.. put it started to collapse on its own again. Any one have a solution?

4619BE97-76F1-437F-B655-DB0E22454EE3.jpeg
This is the issue I'm having. The heat from the engine is softening the plastic and it is collapsing, leaving air gaps. I think these need reinforced with a loop of metal on the inside of the tube.

Rugged Ridge is aware of it and they are replacing the inlet and adding a metal brace that snaps on to keep it from doing this again. It was also mentioned that they are looking into redesigning the inlet to have the brace built in. Once I reached out to them they just needed a picture of the inlet and then they sent me the new inlet and brace right away.

Here’s a side by side of the old deformed one and the new setup. I think the heat may have gotten it since it was fine as of last May when I checked it, but after summer it was like this.
Jeep Wrangler JL Rugged Ridge JL/JT Snorkel Gasket Gap Issue 6557DE02-7849-4794-B414-046284238AAB
Sponsored

TrailSnail

First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 JL Unlimited Sport S
Vehicle Showcase
Rugged Ridge is aware of it and they are replacing the inlet and adding a metal brace that snaps on to keep it from doing this again. It was also mentioned that they are looking into redesigning the inlet to have the brace built in. Once I reached out to them they just needed a picture of the inlet and then they sent me the new inlet and brace right away.

Here’s a side by side of the old deformed one and the new setup. I think the heat may have gotten it since it was fine as of last May when I checked it, but after summer it was like this.
Jeep Wrangler JL Rugged Ridge JL/JT Snorkel Gasket Gap Issue 6557DE02-7849-4794-B414-046284238AAB
I'm still juggling back and forth between the RR snorkel and the Hauk snorkel.

Did RR happen to mention if the new kits were already shipping like this, or is it an after-purchase fix only at this point?

jwilson2899

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I'm still juggling back and forth between the RR snorkel and the Hauk snorkel.

Did RR happen to mention if the new kits were already shipping like this, or is it an after-purchase fix only at this point?
They did not mention, and I forgot to ask. That's a good question indeed, probably one worth asking them.

FalKor JLU

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler JLU

That’s awesome! How did you connect with them? I can’t seem to connect w anyone. 😢

jwilson2899

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
That’s awesome! How did you connect with them? I can’t seem to connect w anyone. 😢
I submitted an inquiry through the website. It took them a day or so to get back to me, then it was pretty regular after that. Their direct email that started appearing in the support tickets was [email protected] if you want to try that.

Sponsored

Chile1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR & 2016 BMW X5M
Occupation
Biotech Sales Management
Vehicle Showcase

i'm interested in installing this mod on my JLUR and having the parts color painted to match my Jeep. If Rugged Ridge now sending the upgraded unit with the metal brace or are they still sending the old design?

jwilson2899

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
i'm interested in installing this mod on my JLUR and having the parts color painted to match my Jeep. If Rugged Ridge now sending the upgraded unit with the metal brace or are they still sending the old design?
As far as I know they are still shipping the old design and the separate metal reinforcement. That's what I got for my replacement
Sponsored