SpookyXJ

First Name
Ed
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Sport S 2 door auto
Vehicle Showcase
Got my rear bumper installed today. Kinda regret it a little bit. I was not able to see it from every angle before purchasing and thought it would wrap around more. I'm not a fan of the gap below the fenders but other than that I do really like the way it looks. I also think it should be marketed as a lightweight bumper instead of a heavy duty. It weighs a little less than 40 LBS. Build quality is decent. Its a cut and fold style bumper shell that has nice lines. The visible exterior welds are pretty good and some of the non-visible welds on the back are just ok. I'm not sure that I completely trust the highlift jacking points. I do like the tow points but I don't care for the hooks. The hooks match my front bumper which I really like except for the hooks on it. Northridge has a really good deal on it with the forum discount and I think it's worth what i paid for it. If your paying retail for it it's overpriced On to the Pics:

Mounting brackets with tow point and jacking point tie in.
?temp_hash=3003a862f1263c518642d4278a608bee.jpg

The plugs for the backup sensors don't self seat. I siliconed them in.

Looks good from the rear

Not as good from the side

Unfortunately they could not resist cutting in branding. I wish aftermarket companies would stop this. At least the spare covers it.

I think it matches up well with the front bumper and ROAM rails
temp_hash-509c2b0e52fd139f4dad0b5dd3d3373f-jpg.jpg
Sponsored

TMoats

First Name
Travis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 OB Rubicon, 98 Cherokee XJ, 93 Wrangler YJ
Hi SpookyXJ. I have the same rear bumper, but I haven't installed yet. I also bought the full-length HD bumper for the front. I wanted the stubby HD for the front, but my kids talked me into the full length version. It is growing on me, but I've only had it installed a few days. I agree with your comments on the hooks and the branding. May figure out a nice looking way to cut the hook part off eventually. Anyway, I know this is an old thread, but wanted to check in on how well the RR bumpers are holding up and if your opinions on them have changed in the time you've had them? Here is a pic of my front bumper installed.

20200409_153257.jpg

OP
OP
SpookyXJ

SpookyXJ

First Name
Ed
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Sport S 2 door auto
Vehicle Showcase
I still like the front. The rear has grown on me appearance wise. No real abuse on them yet. I don't even have 3k miles on the Jeep. Had a trip planned to Arkansas to play in the rocks a bit but cancelled due to Covid craziness.

Pig-Pen

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU
Occupation
jabroni
Clubs

I still like the front. The rear has grown on me appearance wise. No real abuse on them yet. I don't even have 3k miles on the Jeep. Had a trip planned to Arkansas to play in the rocks a bit but cancelled due to Covid craziness.
How did you end up mounting your license plate?

OP
OP
SpookyXJ

SpookyXJ

First Name
Ed
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Sport S 2 door auto
Vehicle Showcase
I've got an ACE tire carrier that came with a relocation bracket.
jeep31-jpg.jpg

Unfortunately the branding on the bumper is now visible.

RR was supposed to make a bracket for the bumper but I guess they changed their mind. I'm tempted to relocate mine over the cutout.

Sponsored

matrix311

First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1992 YJ, 2004 TJ, 2008 jKUR, 2018 JLUR (on order)
I've got an ACE tire carrier that came with a relocation bracket.
jeep31-jpg.jpg

Unfortunately the branding on the bumper is now visible.

RR was supposed to make a bracket for the bumper but I guess they changed their mind. I'm tempted to relocate mine over the cutout.
What tire carrier is that? Did it get rid of the flex and any rattle you may have had before on the stock carrier?

OP
OP
SpookyXJ

SpookyXJ

First Name
Ed
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Sport S 2 door auto
Vehicle Showcase

TMoats

First Name
Travis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Hi SpookyXJ. I am trying to install the RR HD Rear Bumper, but the nut plate they provide for the passenger side frame seems to have different threads on the nuts, than the threads on the bolts they provided. Did you have a similar issue? If so, what bolts did you have to buy to replace the ones they provided?

OP
OP
SpookyXJ

SpookyXJ

First Name
Ed
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Sport S 2 door auto
Vehicle Showcase
It's been awhile I've slept a lot since then but it seems like one plate used new bolts and the other used the factory bolts.

rcadden

First Name
Ricky
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Hydro Blue Sahara Altitude
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Marketing
Clubs

@SpookyXJ @TMoats Old thread, I know, but I'm planning to buy the Rugged Ridge HD set (front full width + rear) in April, just doing some confirmation of my choice.

On paper, these check all of my boxes, so curious how they've held up for you guys? Would you buy them again? If not, why not?

Sponsored

OP
OP
SpookyXJ

SpookyXJ

First Name
Ed
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Sport S 2 door auto
Vehicle Showcase
I traded the JL on a truck about a year ago. I considered them good products for the money and never had any issues. I did not beat on them enough while I had the jeep to give you an opinion on toughness.

TMoats

First Name
Travis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Hi @rcadden,
I'm still very happy with them. I haven't damaged the back bumper at all, but I have scratched off a bit of powder coat on one corner of the front bumper. They are a bit thinner than most steel bumpers, but the metal has held up perfectly, other than the 1/2 inch x 1/2 inch powder coat scratch motioned above. I appreciate the lighter weight of these.

Travis
Sponsored

Last edited: