Rugged ridge HD bumper skid plate

Bingman

First Name
Corey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLU Willy’s
I recently installed the stubby HD bumper on my jl and am very happy with how it looks. The only thing I’m not thrilled about is the parts that extend downward off the frame. They look like walrus tusks to me. I knew they’d be there, but didn’t realize how noticeable they’d be from the sides. Does anybody have any pictures of the rugged ridge bumper skid plate part number 18003.61, particularly from the side? I can’t seem to find any on any of the sites that sell it. Thanks for anyone who can help.
Jeep Wrangler JL Rugged ridge HD bumper skid plate 151C9D0D-0B93-466E-AEA7-62238473AC34

Jeep Wrangler JL Rugged ridge HD bumper skid plate 6C0CB082-A103-4752-870C-D89F63C6D0D0
Sponsored

Headbarcode

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR Stingray 2.0 turbo
Vehicle Showcase
Since you don't have a sway bar disconnect motor, you could cut them off for a clean look. I'll be installing front and rear Antirocks in the near future and plan on chopping mine for the slight increase in approach angle.

OP
OP
Bingman

Bingman

First Name
Corey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLU Willy’s
Since you don't have a sway bar disconnect motor, you could cut them off for a clean look. I'll be installing front and rear Antirocks in the near future and plan on chopping mine for the slight increase in approach angle.
Is that the only purpose they serve? I have read before about people cutting them off, but I’ve been trying not to do anything permanent for when I return it back to stock and sell it down the road. But if they serve no purpose other than for rubicon’s, I might just do away with them.

Headbarcode

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Is that the only purpose they serve? I have read before about people cutting them off, but I’ve been trying not to do anything permanent for when I return it back to stock and sell it down the road. But if they serve no purpose other than for rubicon’s, I might just do away with them.
As far as I know, the steel factory skid plate for the factory steel bumper only protects the disconnect motor. The plastic skid for the plastic bumper is only for a cleaner look.

If looking to be able to return the jeep back to stock down the road, the optional skid you mentioned above might be a better option. Or another possible option would be one of the light bars that quake is developing. It's meant to mount to those walrus tusks.

OP
OP
Bingman

Bingman

First Name
Corey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLU Willy’s
As far as I know, the steel factory skid plate for the factory steel bumper only protects the disconnect motor. The plastic skid for the plastic bumper is only for a cleaner look.

If looking to be able to return the jeep back to stock down the road, the optional skid you mentioned above might be a better option. Or another possible option would be one of the light bars that quake is developing. It's meant to mount to those walrus tusks.
Awesome, I appreciate all of your insight. Is there a thread somewhere about this light bar they’re making? That sounds pretty neat. I like that it would be dual purpose in my case.

Sponsored

Headbarcode

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase