Rugged Ridge Arcus Front Bumper - Fog Light Fiasco

Texasotan

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JL Willys
I recently received and began to install a Rugged Ridge Arcus Front Bumper. I personally love the looks of this bumper. I did some research before purchasing this bumper to make sure my factory LED Fogs (2020 Willys) would fit, including asking the company directly if they would. After being assured the fog lights would fit, I'm fairly disappointed to say that I have found otherwise today. Only one hole on the factory lights lines up to the fog light bracket on the Arcus Bumper. I attached a few photos of the hardware that was included.I'm hoping one of you might have some solution to this that doesn't involve buying new fog lights or heavily modifying the ones I have.

Arcus Question.JPG

20201017_125047.jpg

20201017_121831.jpg

20201017_121819.jpg

20201017_121825.jpg
Sponsored

oceanblue2019

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR 2.0L Auto
Occupation
Metrology
Seems like a reason to pickup a set of Baja Designs fogs for the Sahara and sell your factory led's with the factory bumper.... They go for pretty good $$$ to those who did not get the LED package.

Alleycat14

First Name
Donna
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Willy’s
I got into the same situation with the spartacus bumper, no adapter so I had to buy new LEDS.

Djhyper66

First Name
JOHN
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler 2020 JL
Vehicle Showcase
Led fog lights don’t fit.. had same problem.. bought regular OEM non-led fog off eBay for 40 bucks and threw in yellow bulbs and happy with the outcome ... might just relist my Oem foglights on eBay and try make back some money

E26D7564-F2FC-47FE-86D2-AE8C10A29B6A.jpeg

Sponsored

Djhyper66

First Name
JOHN
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler 2020 JL
Vehicle Showcase
Not the end of the world switching to regular foglights ... I rarely use my foglights anyways

AD4E4BC1-0326-4940-9DDD-8E21E85D899E.jpeg

OP
OP
Texasotan

Texasotan

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JL Willys
Led fog lights don’t fit.. had same problem.. bought regular OEM non-led fog off eBay for 40 bucks and threw in yellow bulbs and happy with the outcome ... might just relist my Oem foglights on eBay and try make back some money
Nice looking rig! I'm contemplating just selling the LED fogs I have and just purchasing a set of used Sahara LED Fogs. I've also considered putting a yellow film on the lenses. I really like the LED look and function, though.

On a side note, how do you like your winch? I've been looking at the APEX 12,000 lb winches. I've yet to see a bad review, but I don't know of many people that have used them enough to really put them through their paces. I'm trying to decide between that and a Smittybilt X2O. The determining factor so far will be price. They seem pretty comparable otherwise. I can't justify the expense of a Warn winch...

Djhyper66

First Name
JOHN
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler 2020 JL
Vehicle Showcase
Buy the apex badlands on sale for 479 dollar plus tax and you’ll be loving it !!

KB34

First Name
Karl
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JL 4 Door, 2020 Grand Cherokee Limited X, 1978 Trans am
I had the same issue with my JL sport when I put on a barricade bumper. They say it fits factory LED fogs, but it only fits the fogs from the Rubicon Models with 4 mounting holes. I ended up just buying a cheap set from Amazon that had the right bolt pattern.

entropy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler Sport S JL 2-D
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Professional dancer/male stripper
so they include a secondary bracket on their install kit for the LEDs. The main bracket only works for fogs, and you need the secondary one to install the LEDs. It says how to install them in the instructions. You probably already know this and maybe it didn't work.

fog lights are supposed to be yellow anyway.

Sponsored

OP
OP
Texasotan

Texasotan

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JL Willys
so they include a secondary bracket on their install kit for the LEDs. The main bracket only works for fogs, and you need the secondary one to install the LEDs. It says how to install them in the instructions. You probably already know this and maybe it didn't work.

fog lights are supposed to be yellow anyway.
The LED fog lights that go in the plastic Sport bumper (the stock Willys option), don't have a removable bracket like the halogen fog lights. They also have a different bolt pattern than the Sahara/Rubicon fog lights. Compare my above photos to this one:

Jeep Wrangler JL Rugged Ridge Arcus Front Bumper - Fog Light Fiasco Screenshot_20201020-110117_Drive

entropy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler Sport S JL 2-D
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Professional dancer/male stripper
that sucks. Other than buying fog lights, could you drill the bracket or fogs so they fit?. if one hole lines up, could you attach it there and zip tie the rest to the bracket?

You could also try to make your own bracket using sheet metal, just so it fits to the provided one.

OP
OP
Texasotan

Texasotan

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JL Willys
After lining them up in it, they won't sit centered enough without trimming material off of the fog lights. If they're not centered, the sit over too far, and will not fit in the bumper.

X99104

First Name
Andy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 392 XR, 88 YJ, 78 CJ-7 304
The LEDs for the plastic bumpers mount the same as the Halogens. Learned that when I installed my Warn bumper. You have two choices, Trim the ones you have down to make them fit or buy a new set of LED's for the metal bumper or aftermarket.

daveprice7

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Sport 2DR, 2020 Willys 2DR
Occupation
Nerd
Just a note for folks with a newer Willys that has the plastic bumper without the air dams on the sides - the LED fogs on this bumper have four mounting holes, not three.

My Willys is newer and I just installed a JK bumper today that expected a four hole fog and I was able to transfer them over without a hitch (besides the zillion screws and plastic trim fasteners to dismantle the plastic bumper).

I also put a JK bumper on my Sport with three-hole halogen fogs, and I just drilled out the flange a little on the fog to get two of the holes to line up and called it good. Seems to work just fine.
Sponsored