First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Wrangler Rubicon
Occupation
Aviation Maintenance
Has anyone purchased a RR Arcus front bumper and had problems with the winch plate being too wide to fit between the frame rails? I have a 2022 JLUR diesel and the measured distance between the frame rails where the ears of the plate mounts is 26.750 and the plate I received is a solid 27". The only way I see possible to get it to fit would be to grind at least 1/8 inch off each side, which I really don't think that's a viable option. I am still waiting for a reply back from RR but just curious if anyone else has had this issue and what was your outcome.

thumbnail.jpg

Sponsored

beast40

First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL Rubicon
I had the exact same issue. Quadratec sent me an entire new bumper and had me swap the winch plates. The first plate was a solid 1/4"+ off and I couldn't even force it in place. The second plate fit.

OP
OP
ROkchips

ROkchips

First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Wrangler Rubicon
Occupation
Aviation Maintenance
Thank you for your reply! The guy I talked to at RR said I may have gotten a plate for a JK by accident. Hopefully I'll hear something back from them this week. I really like this bumper maybe except for the fog lights being so exposed on the back side.

Pepper23

First Name
Vinny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 JLUR
Well, looks like I’m joining this pathetic club, no offense. I’d say my winch plate is about 1/8” too wide, no way it’s going to fit. Super bleep bleep disappointing!

kingspecialized

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Sahara Unlimited
Vehicle Showcase
Mine was a very tight fit. After about an hour of struggling, my daughter suggested I stand on it. That worked! It slipped right in.

Sponsored

OP
OP
ROkchips

ROkchips

First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Wrangler Rubicon
Occupation
Aviation Maintenance
Well, forgive me for being so late with my response but, for an update to my post Rugged Ridge did send me another plate that fit just fine so all is good now. It seems as though they may be getting the plates mixed up during packaging or they have a batch that wasn't manufactured correctly. Either way RR made it right.

ajkitebrder40

First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 JLUR, Hydro Blue
Cool, I was about to buy this and kinda debating it because of this thread. Did you use the Rugged Ridge skid plate as well?
Sponsored