Rubicoug's Recon Audio build...

jayfknslay

First Name
Jason
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Sahara Altitude Unlimited JL
Looks dope. I wanted to upgrade mine as well - but might run an amp to juice the stock alpine given it is a lease.

OP
OP

RubiCoug

First Name
Justin
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLU Rubicon Recon, was a 2017 JKU
Box is ending up about .92-1.0 in size. Question of the day is, polyfill or no polyfill?

Mattk11

First Name
Matt
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'20 JLU Rubicon
Definitely Polyfill.

Curious why you didn't go with the D-6.1200. You would have basically gotten a nice DSP for an extra $300 with tons of customization and flexibility - 30 band eq, time delay, phase correction, etc. It's worth the extra $$ in my opinion.

OP
OP

RubiCoug

First Name
Justin
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Definitely Polyfill.

Curious why you didn't go with the D-6.1200. You would have basically gotten a nice DSP for an extra $300 with tons of customization and flexibility - 30 band eq, time delay, phase correction, etc. It's worth the extra $$ in my opinion.
I have a D-6.1200 in my Expedition, so I totally understand it's capability and value! It's awesome!

I am interfacing with the OEM head unit with the Fosgate DSR1/Maestro interface. As part of that, you get a 8 channel DSP built in. It already has bluetooth to interface, and supposedly is the best way to integrate in with the Chrysler head units. It's priced competitively at $300 with the integration harness.

Going with a amp with the DSP built in would have been duplication of effort. If I used the PAC harness, or a JL FIX solution, I would have gone with the integrated DSP. I am willing to try the DSR1 and the LC series amp. Frankly, if I don't like them, I will change them out.

For anyone who wants to use the PAC, a JL FIX, or an aftermarket head unit, I would absolutely point them to the D6.1200 with the built in DSP. I wish more people trusted Audiocontrol for quality than JL VXi amps. Not that the JLs are bad at all, I just think the Audiocontrol product is better dollar for dollar.

I'm trying something new. :) It's the best way to learn. Also trying the first 12" sub I've used since I was 16. I have done 6 1/2" subs, 8's, and 10's... Might as well try this 12TW3 and see how I like it.

oceanblue2019

First Name
John
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR 2.0L Auto
Occupation
Metrology
I have a D-6.1200 in my Expedition, so I totally understand it's capability and value! It's awesome!

I am interfacing with the OEM head unit with the Fosgate DSR1/Maestro interface. As part of that, you get a 8 channel DSP built in. It already has bluetooth to interface, and supposedly is the best way to integrate in with the Chrysler head units. It's priced competitively at $300 with the integration harness.

Going with a amp with the DSP built in would have been duplication of effort. If I used the PAC harness, or a JL FIX solution, I would have gone with the integrated DSP. I am willing to try the DSR1 and the LC series amp. Frankly, if I don't like them, I will change them out.

For anyone who wants to use the PAC, a JL FIX, or an aftermarket head unit, I would absolutely point them to the D6.1200 with the built in DSP. I wish more people trusted Audiocontrol for quality than JL VXi amps. Not that the JLs are bad at all, I just think the Audiocontrol product is better dollar for dollar.

I'm trying something new. :) It's the best way to learn. Also trying the first 12" sub I've used since I was 16. I have done 6 1/2" subs, 8's, and 10's... Might as well try this 12TW3 and see how I like it.
Real men run 18" subs. Multiple of them.

Mattk11

First Name
Matt
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'20 JLU Rubicon

Makes sense, for some reason I thought you were using the PAC.

I’ve started seeing more people steer away from the PAC for some reason. Works great in my setup since I am using it for a fully optical digital connection. Been happy so far as it is dead silent, my RCAs are a 1/2 meter from DSP to the amps.

OP
OP

RubiCoug

First Name
Justin
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Makes sense, for some reason I thought you were using the PAC.

I’ve started seeing more people steer away from the PAC for some reason. Works great in my setup since I am using it for a fully optical digital connection. Been happy so far as it is dead silent, my RCAs are a 1/2 meter from DSP to the amps.
The PAC sounds like a great unit. I just want to give the DSR1 a shakedown. I don't think it gets enough credit for what it has to offer. We'll find out. :)

Mattk11

First Name
Matt
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'20 JLU Rubicon
The PAC sounds like a great unit. I just want to give the DSR1 a shakedown. I don't think it gets enough credit for what it has to offer. We'll find out. :)
Sure, I went PAC/JL Audio TwK D8 because I got the JL for $200. Couldn't pass it up for that cheap. If I would have gone a different direction, I would have used a 6 channel amp with built in DSP so I could subtract one device in my chain (it would have gotten rid of one amp as well). Still learning the TUN software...I'm in Omaha and have taken to 3 places so far that have told me they can't do any better than I have done so far. It's crazy to me that I can't find a decent tuner to help me dial in the EQ. Its not like this is a brand new DSP on the market.

OP
OP

RubiCoug

First Name
Justin
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Sure, I went PAC/JL Audio TwK D8 because I got the JL for $200. Couldn't pass it up for that cheap. If I would have gone a different direction, I would have used a 6 channel amp with built in DSP so I could subtract one device in my chain (it would have gotten rid of one amp as well). Still learning the TUN software...I'm in Omaha and have taken to 3 places so far that have told me they can't do any better than I have done so far. It's crazy to me that I can't find a decent tuner to help me dial in the EQ. Its not like this is a brand new DSP on the market.
What tools are you using to tune the dsp?

Advertisement

Done Right LED

Advertisement