Sponsored

Rubicons Mis-aligned ?

Dynomite1371

First Name
Ed
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR, Granite, Steel bumper, Safety, Cold Weather, Tow package, Premium Alpine, Black Leather and Mopar "self draining" Mats
Occupation
Police Officer
45lbs is ridiculous (x's 4!) It's like driving on marbles!
Sponsored

JASPER

First Name
Wayolife Sucks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Rubicon and 2014 JK 2dr
Hey guys.. I just got mine today.. My 2014 jk has 35" ko2s and because of the sidewalk rating you have to run more air in them to get them to wear even. They are very very goid on/off the trail but need to run in tghe 40psi range or you will get uneven wear.

BillyHW

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
-
What is the recommended tire pressure on the JL Rubicon Unlimited? Is it 37 PSI on the door tag?

Tseg

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 JK Rubicon, 2014 GC Limited with a Hemi
My '12 JKR always pulls to the left in the left lane and goes straight in the right lane. All Jeeps wander to some degree. The '18 Jeep is still based on 50 year old suspension technology, so don't expect miracles.

Dynomite1371

First Name
Ed
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR, Granite, Steel bumper, Safety, Cold Weather, Tow package, Premium Alpine, Black Leather and Mopar "self draining" Mats
Occupation
Police Officer

Sponsored

J.R. Quimby

First Name
Jake
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2004 TJ Sport
My Rubi wanders a little , I chalked it up to it being a truck and stopped thinking about it.

Jcsieman

First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUS, Lexus RX 350
I've test driven 4 Rubicons so far, and all 4 of them seemed to be mis-aligned? Felt like all of them were pulling to the left and I had to steer right to keep it straight. They all also wandered on the road a bit. Not terrible but enough that I've noticed it each time. Anyone else having the same experience?
Just bought mine last night, Sahara, and it is definitely misaligned. But mine pulls to the right and you have to put steering wheel left to offset. Haven’t had it 12 hrs and have already had to make an appointment.

KeJaCo

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR, 1999 WJ
Occupation
SCADA Field Service Tech
Just bought mine last night, Sahara, and it is definitely misaligned. But mine pulls to the right and you have to put steering wheel left to offset. Haven’t had it 12 hrs and have already had to make an appointment.
I just drove over 1,000 miles in my new Rubicon and I agree with saying it is misaligned. I had a few scary moments yesterday that actually surpassed some of the death wobble incidents I've had in my Grand Cherokee :beer:

Below 40mph its not really noticable but over 40mph correcting for wander, accelerating in turns (dry pavement), bumps/uneven pavement, wind, tractor trailers (sometimes all of these at the same time) the Jeep would pull a lot more in the direction I was correcting towards and then I would have to quickly but subtly correct a few more times before the wheels were going the same direction again. Similar thing happened in my Corolla recently when I hit a deep pothole going about 30mph and it was fixed once I got an alignment done a few days later.

Last edited:

Jcsieman

First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUS, Lexus RX 350
I just drove over 1,000 miles in my new Rubicon and I agree with saying it is misaligned. I had a few scary moments yesterday that actually surpassed some of the death wobble incidents I've had in my Grand Cherokee :beer:

Below 40mph its not really noticable but over 40mph correcting for wander, accelerating in turns (dry pavement), bumps/uneven pavement, wind, tractor trailers (sometimes all of these at the same time) the Jeep would pull a lot more in the direction I was correcting towards and then I would have to quickly but subtly correct a few more times before the wheels were going the same direction again. Similar thing happened in my Corolla recently when I hit a deep pothole going about 30mph and it was fixed once I got an alignment done a few days later.
So, I have had my Jeep for two weeks now. I didn’t realize how much this was a problem until yesterday when we took a family trip in my wife’s Lexus......and I drove. About halfway there we were both car sick from all my jerky pulls and inability to go straight....after just two weeks I have been correcting so much and compensating for the alignment offset that driving her normal car I was constantly twitching the steering wheel out of habit. If it is a “penalty” that comes with owning a Wrangler, that’s one thing. If it is bc my alignment is off enough to make that type of difference, I need to def get it fixed. Hard to take accept I need to take a 2 wk old vehicle in to the dealer already...

Dynomite1371

First Name
Ed
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Police Officer
Check your tire pressures! What pressure are you running? I can let go of my wheel forever on a good straight road. But my first ride on the way home wasn't like that. Each tire was over inflated by around 5 lbs.

Sponsored

momo1315

I agree with everyone saying to check tire pressure. I'm still waiting on my JL but I remember when I first took delivery of my JK it was impossible to keep it in the lane on the highway. Turns out the tire pressure was at some absurd amount.

KeJaCo

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR, 1999 WJ
Occupation
SCADA Field Service Tech
Tire pressure at that time was at a cold 37 and it warmed up to around 41/42. I've since lowered tires to 35 cold but since I commute 8 miles per day never going over 45mph I don't really notice. However, after two weeks I did finally make it back onto the highway today and I experienced a few of the issues but not as bad. I need to chalk test the tires and adjust some more then I'll get Tire Kingdom to check the alignment for the hell of it.

Student JL

First Name
Jackson
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited JL Sahara
I took mine to get the alignment checked and the print out indicated that it was slightly off. After correcting alignment, it's now perfectly straight and centered on the highway.

BillyHW

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
-
I took mine to get the alignment checked and the print out indicated that it was slightly off. After correcting alignment, it's now perfectly straight and centered on the highway.
I think alignment might be covered under warranty with this little miles on it.

KeJaCo

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR, 1999 WJ
Occupation
SCADA Field Service Tech
Interesting, I hope to bring mine in for the alignment check this week. So I've put about 350 miles on mine over the past two days, 40 miles of which have been thru grasslands and non-paved sometimes washboard roads. Today on the highway I took it back up to 80 mph and hit a few bumps and it wasn't bad like it was during the first 1,100 miles. Almost like everything needed to get loosened up :movember:
Sponsored