Sponsored

Rubicon without Navigation

jaybird doxie

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JL Unlimited Rubicon
I've been trying to find a Rubicon without navigation here in my neck of the woods. Basically I'm looking for a Rubicon with a matching color top with or without matching color fenders. Do I need to special order one with no Nav? Any input is greatly appreciated.
Sponsored

GreyFox

First Name
Brandy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 JKU, 19 JL
I'd say most dealer ordered Rubicons will have the 8.4" infotainment system. So if you don't want that, then special order is your option. Remember, they are shut down a few weeks in July (IIRC) for the MY 2020 changed over.

multicam

First Name
Tanner
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 4Runner, 2019 JLR
Vehicle Showcase
Rubi’s are going to come with either the 7” screen with no nav (but it does have CarPlay and Android auto) or the 8.4” with nav. As @GreyFox said, most dealers will probably stock the 8.4.

Is there a particular reason you don’t want navigation? Or just to save money? I don’t blame you, I didn’t get it either on my Rubi. But I ordered mine to be built exactly how I wanted it.

ODDs

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Hella Yella Sahara
I didn't want to spend the money for it when I ordered our Sahara, but for some reason the system wouldn't let me order it without the 8.4" package. Now that we have it, I'm so glad the system forced me to order it, because it awesome! Not because we ever use it's navigation, but because the Alpine speaker system with the sub absolutely rocks. And the larger screen is nice, because that is what the dash was designed for.

Bear in mind that you are unlikely to get as good of deal on a special order as you will on one off the lot. So if saving money is your goal, you're apt to spend thousands more to NOT have it.

OP
OP
jaybird doxie

jaybird doxie

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Rubi’s are going to come with either the 7” screen with no nav (but it does have CarPlay and Android auto) or the 8.4” with nav. As @GreyFox said, most dealers will probably stock the 8.4.

Is there a particular reason you don’t want navigation? Or just to save money? I don’t blame you, I didn’t get it either on my Rubi. But I ordered mine to be built exactly how I wanted it.
Mainly to save money, I feel it's unnecessary especially with Apple Carplay. Unfortunately don't have the time to wait on a special order. My last car was totaled due to being rear ended and don't want to the leave the wife without a car.

Sponsored

bkjolly

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
75 CJ-5
I've been trying to find a Rubicon without navigation here in my neck of the woods. Basically I'm looking for a Rubicon with a matching color top with or without matching color fenders. Do I need to special order one with no Nav? Any input is greatly appreciated.
Yep Order it.

bkjolly

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
75 CJ-5
Mainly to save money, I feel it's unnecessary especially with Apple Carplay. Unfortunately don't have the time to wait on a special order. My last car was totaled due to being rear ended and don't want to the leave the wife without a car.
Well you get the upgraded Alpine System with the 8.4 so it's an added benefit.

OP
OP
jaybird doxie

jaybird doxie

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I didn't want to spend the money for it when I ordered our Sahara, but for some reason the system wouldn't let me order it without the 8.4" package. Now that we have it, I'm so glad the system forced me to order it, because it awesome! Not because we ever use it's navigation, but because the Alpine speaker system with the sub absolutely rocks. And the larger screen is nice, because that is what the dash was designed for.

Bear in mind that you are unlikely to get as good of deal on a special order as you will on one off the lot. So if saving money is your goal, you're apt to spend thousands more to NOT have it.
I test drove a Rubicon earlier today that had Nav and it had some really cool features. I actually wouldn't mind having it now.

bkjolly

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
75 CJ-5
I test drove a Rubicon earlier today that had Nav and it had some really cool features. I actually wouldn't mind having it now.
You can't replace all the speakers with aftermarket Alpine and an amp and sub for the cost of the factory option.

viper88

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 JLR 2.0T (past), '22 JLR 3.6 (present)
Get it. You won't regret it. The Alpine and larger screen are worth it. The Nav is a bonus.

Also…
Not sure what engine you are interested in? You get electronic Active Noise Control when you order the 8.4" Infotainment with Alpine if you go with the 2.0T. The ANC electronic noise canceling reduces cabin noise.

Last edited:

Sponsored

HealthRebel

First Name
Jerry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLRU Ocean Blue
Hmmmm... I used to think that as well. But, after reading numerous postings on this forum and after talking with 4 different dealers, I don't think that is the case anymore. Actually, when a dealer special orders YOUR Jeep, they don't have to pay for the space it would normally occupy while just sitting on their lot for days... weeks...months waiting to be sold. It actually costs them less. I feel very confident I can land a new JLRU 2020 order at 7-8% below invoice.

mwilk012

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ocean Blue JLU Rubicon
Occupation
Service
The 8.4” and alpine sound system is a huge upgrade for the price. Definitely recommended.

Carlton

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeeps lots of jeeps
Doubt you'll find a color match top without the 8.4.

I ordered without it because I really have no use for it. However, now that I'm reading the jeep in the first thing the dealership said was "no Nav?"

Digger70

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Willys
Just go to your local dealer and tell him what you want and they can do a search to see if other dealers in the 200 miles radius have what you like then they can see if they can do a dealer trade. That's how I got my Sahara. I did have them look for Rubicons but I only wanted the body color fenders and soft top and there weren't any. If they can't find you something you like then order one or wait for the 2020 ordering since there may be some new cool limited edition you like more.

OP
OP
jaybird doxie

jaybird doxie

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Hmmmm... I used to think that as well. But, after reading numerous postings on this forum and after talking with 4 different dealers, I don't think that is the case anymore. Actually, when a dealer special orders YOUR Jeep, they don't have to pay for the space it would normally occupy while just sitting on their lot for days... weeks...months waiting to be sold. It actually costs them less. I feel very confident I can land a new JLRU 2020 order at 7-8% below invoice.
Wish I had time to special order one, but the wife is getting a little tired of me driving her almost pristine '04 Liberty
Sponsored